Grimm Forum

Full Version: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
(03-04-2017, 02:41 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]MarylikeGrimm you should read the post by New Guy. New Guy make some of the most disparaging statements of anyone. New Guy has a number of followers who hold on to the same opinion. These are also the people that are Nadalind fans.
This doesn't negate the fact that the mud gets thrown from both sides. Juliette and and Adalind both have passionate haters as much as fans so I don't see what the issue is really.
(03-04-2017, 02:41 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]MarylikeGrimm you should read the post by New Guy. New Guy make some of the most disparaging statements of anyone. New Guy has a number of followers who hold on to the same opinion. These are also the people that are Nadalind fans.

Only tiny number of fans have extreme views. Many people who comment on any subject tend to be extreme. Large percentages of fans want Nick alone, Nick with Adalind and Nick with Juliette and do not want Juliette and/or Adalind dead.

My question is why is so easy to blame less powerful women characters for everything that is wrong in a show instead of the writers.
(03-04-2017, 02:51 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]

Only tiny number of fans have extreme views. Many people who comment on any subject tend to be extreme. Large percentages of fans want Nick alone, Nick with Adalind and Nick with Juliette and do not want Juliette and/or Adalind dead.
This true.
Show me a post wanting Adalind or Sean to die. Sure there are post that compare Adalind to Juliette. But that is to point out the hypocrisy. Also the difference is the Adalind haters rationalize her as misguided. Manipulated by Sean or the Royals. Juliette is perceived as being an Evil hexenbiest. Even the ones trying to justify her actions blame it on her being a hexenbiest. Yet no one blames Adalind being a hexenbiest. It is always about her being used.
People have called for Adalind to "sacrifice" herself, that's calling for her death so someone else can raise her children.
(03-04-2017, 10:20 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]So was Kelly Burkhardt destiny’s catalyst for maneuvering the players into their required roles or a Grimm simply forcing her will on others with devastating consequences?

The latter. She was a Grimm simply forcing her will on others and as a result, she caused massive devastation. What do you suppose was in it for her? I highly doubt motherhood was the reward.
(03-04-2017, 03:45 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-04-2017, 10:20 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]So was Kelly Burkhardt destiny’s catalyst for maneuvering the players into their required roles or a Grimm simply forcing her will on others with devastating consequences?
The latter. She was a Grimm simply forcing her will on others and as a result, she caused massive devastation. What do you suppose was in it for her? I highly doubt motherhood was the reward.
Well that’s been suggested a few times. I equate that with a someone so obsessed with having a child that she snatches one while the mother is shopping. And that doesn’t sound like Kelly Burkhardt to me.

I think she was acting of her own volition because I think she’s the type to force her will on others, and I don’t buy into the preordained destiny that’s coming up all of sudden. It’s too late to bring in the concept that everything was prophesied centuries ago and make it believable.
OMG is this still actually going on? My stance,as I've stated before, is Juliette pretends she didn't do anything that it was all Eve. How long can she keep that story up. Again she has never ever ever asked for forgiveness from Nick or anyone else she TRIED TO KILL, oh and also from the one whose mother she helped be beheaded.
I actually feel no sympathy for her she had so many opportunities to get help or at least work on it but tried to kill the people who loved her. Never have I heard one bit of remorse or sorrow for what she has done. Apparently the only thing she is sorry for is that Nick didn't get to bury Juliette. No one turned away from her she turned away from everyone. Sometimes all you have to do is apologize like Adalind did and ask for forgiveness which was readily given to her, that is what the main difference is between them Juliette or whatever she calls herself today. Sometimes it just doesn't matter why you did something just admit it and try to move on
Quote:People have called for Adalind to "sacrifice" herself, that's calling for her death so someone else can raise her children.
People have called Nick a corrupt cope and say he should be jailed. They have also called for him to die as penitence for his crimes.
That does not make it a common opinion. Unlike the opinion that Juliette killed Nicks mother and that being the reason Nick and Juliette could never be together.
(03-04-2017, 12:13 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I have wondered if he ever really had a male role to begin with. Nick never speaks of his father. My own brother, who never got along with my father by the way, still speaks of conflicts with him while growing up. It makes me wonder if perhaps Nick's father was absent from his household. Maybe the "friend" that died in the crash with Nick's father was more than a friend and the two of them were leaving for good that fateful day.

That would mean Kelly was left with the burden of raising Nick.

Exactly. Most shows, over time, flesh out the central character. After 6 seasons we know very little about Nick. We have to fill in the blanks and the interpretations vary greatly.

What is odd is if Nick's character died some horrific senseless death who (in terms of fans) would care? How could any fan have built and emotional tie to character who really you have no sense of? Contrast that to the death of Bud, Rosalee, Monroe or even Adalind, we as fans, have a greater sense of who they are as individuals and likely could form a level of emotional bond to one or more of the characters.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44