Grimm Forum

Full Version: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
New Guy you have already proven you do not understand the meaning of a metaphor. It has been explained over and over by cast and writers. That the persona of Juliette died not the body. You can post all you want. But those of use that can read see your post for what they are. A reflection of your level of comprehension.
(03-04-2017, 04:30 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind still accepted her actions as her own regardless, Eve blamed Juliette as though she was a separate being altogether.

Adalind's a seasoned hexenbiest. Eve would still be considered a very immature hexenbiest. Keep in mind she's not the only one blaming someone else. Diana did the same thing.

Aside from that, I have a feeling Eve will be apologizing soon.
Have you actually seen the video of them at ComicCon saying that Juliette was dead? I didn't believe them for a second.

And then there is this from 507:

Nick: I just saw Juliette.
Trubel: What?
Nick: She's alive, and you know it!
Trubel: No, Nick, I—
Nick: Tell me the truth!
Trubel: I swear to God I have no idea what happened to her!
Nick: But you knew she was alive.
Trubel: No. I mean, not for sure.
Nick: She's either dead, or she isn't!
Trubel: All I know is that she was alive when Chavez took her, but... I didn't know if she was gonna survive what they were gonna do to her.
Nick: And what was that?
Trubel: Break her.
(03-04-2017, 04:43 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]New Guy you have already proven you do not understand the meaning of a metaphor. It has been explained over and over by cast and writers. That the persona of Juliette died not the body. You can post all you want. But those of use that can read see your post for what they are. A reflection of your level of comprehension.
G&K blatantly lied. They implied permanent death, not metaphorical death. They backtracked on everything they ever said about Juliette dying in 5x07 and even more so now with Eve showing signs of the old Juliette coming back.
(03-04-2017, 04:07 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]What if being a mother is the thing that soothes the savage biest?

It would be logical to me. As a male, (as I have noted in this forum before) fatherhood can have a pronounced impact on men, to the point their friends barely recognize them. It tends to effect alpha males the most, though may mask it well,bu those o their inner circle are oft astounded.
(03-04-2017, 04:52 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]G&K blatantly lied. They implied permanent death, not metaphorical death. They backtracked on everything they ever said about Juliette dying in 5x07 and even more so now with Eve showing signs of the old Juliette coming back.

Yup. Few things are more tiresome than TV writers trying to be clever (and failing).
Quote:G&K blatantly lied. They implied permanent death, not metaphorical death. They backtracked on everything they ever said about Juliette dying in 5x07 and even more so now with Eve showing signs of the old Juliette coming back.
Even at comic con They joked about the accuracy of juliettte is dead. They even put the emphasis on Juliette is dead. That is why so many knew she would be back. How they did it was a complete surprise.
(03-04-2017, 04:07 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking about something maylevka wrote earlier with regard to Juliette's insanity as a hexenbiest. Maylevka wrote that (and I am paraphrasing here) that Juliette took a trip to the dark side and wasn't really responsible for her actions. What if the same applied to Adalind?

Adalind voiced some real fear last season that her big bad hexenbiest was going to return. It has come back, but where's the horror? Not there. There was a marked change in her once she became a mother. I have noticed it happened twice now. The first time, she settled down. Hell, she was even willing to be around Nick and that says a lot! She reverted back to her old ways when Diana was taken from her. The second time was with her baby Kelly. What if being a mother is the thing that soothes the savage biest?
(03-04-2017, 04:07 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking about something maylevka wrote earlier with regard to Juliette's insanity as a hexenbiest. Maylevka wrote that (and I am paraphrasing here) that Juliette took a trip to the dark side and wasn't really responsible for her actions. What if the same applied to Adalind?

Adalind voiced some real fear last season that her big bad hexenbiest was going to return. It has come back, but where's the horror? Not there. There was a marked change in her once she became a mother. I have noticed it happened twice now. The first time, she settled down. Hell, she was even willing to be around Nick and that says a lot! She reverted back to her old ways when Diana was taken from her. The second time was with her baby Kelly. What if being a mother is the thing that soothes the savage biest?

I think Diana was Adalind’s defining moment for who/what she wanted to be, but I don’t think it’s as cut and dry as motherhood diluting evil urges. Adalind felt the mother/child bond and responded to it. It’s reasonable to assume that given the opportunity, Adalind would have pursued a calm, safe life with Diana. She might have had that in S5 with Kelly, but Nick and the others prevented her from achieving that in S3 with Diana.

Adalind didn’t revert to her Hexenbiest ways after Diana was taken. She didn’t go after anyone, but rather, asked Viktor to let her be with Diana. Viktor led her to believe he would allow her to see Diana if she took Nick’s Grimm. I don’t see that as reverting, but as a mother doing whatever is necessary to find her kidnapped baby.

Juliette’s emotional spiral was very similar. Had Nick returned after his initial shock and awe, determined to convince Juliette he’d always love and want her, she may not have gone off the deep end wanting to hurt him and his friends. And it certainly didn’t help when Rosalee suggested Juliette should be willing to give up her Hexenbiest for Nick rather than assure her she’d always be her friend.

I agree that the Hexenbiest is a strong and dangerous influence, but it seems to be controllable when there’s sufficient reason to do so. From Juliette's point of view after leaving Nick, she didn't have a reason to control it.
Quote:Adalind didn’t revert to her Hexenbiest ways after Diana was taken.
What do you call going to kidnap Juliette. Adalind woged and was willing to use all of her hexenbiest powers to take her.

Adalind also tried to manipulate Sean in the truck.

Adalind has gone back to the firm where the only reason she was hired back is because she is a hexenbiest again.

How is that different then the hexenbiest we saw in season one.
(03-04-2017, 05:27 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind also tried to manipulate Sean in the truck.

Adalind was 100% truthful in the truck. Her conversations with Ken supports that. Ken did not like that she did not Sean to dead.
In Irons Hans, Sean believes her and tells Nick to believe her because he realized he made a mistake in the truck since Adalind went to him and Nick for help with Juliette.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44