Grimm Forum

Full Version: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Which is sin in reality?. The church has always bothered with that of sin. Ist a sin to use a condom and be divorced.
(03-02-2017, 12:30 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 12:27 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 12:18 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 12:08 PM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Their arrangement was to "live in sin."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_in_Sin
If the writers had any regard for marriage, the lead character would not be shacked up with a FWB. Nick and Juliette are both clueless about commitment and marriage. The vow is "to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." IMO neither of them have the courage and conviction to fulfill the vow. That is prevalent in society today:
http://www.apa.org/topics/divorce/
What is the "secret" Juliette used as her reason to be a FWB but not a wife?

Hey New Guy,
You do have a point about Juliette and Nick living in sin. But that is contingent upon one or both of them being brought up in a belief that it is a sin to live together. Neither of them seems to belong to any denomination. In fact, Nick poked a bit of fun at the tent revival episode. So, for the purposes of this discussion, they could live together and Juliette was indeed right to put honesty as a condition of their marriage.

(03-02-2017, 12:08 PM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Did you watch the PBS series about John Adams? Was their marriage 100% free of secrets? In 54 years, no secrets?
Many believe MonRosalee is a strong marriage. Are there no secrets such as Tony?
Some things are best left buried in the past.
N G

I have not seen John Adams, New Guy, and I really can't comment on secrets that should be kept secrets, regardless or secrets that should be revealed. What I think is important here is that Juliette had doubts about Nick's honesty and she did the right thing in confronting him about it prior to putting his ring on her finger.

(03-02-2017, 12:03 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 11:56 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Don't you wonder why Adalind has never picked Juliette/Eve's brain about Nick?
That would have been highly inappropriate. I don't ever want to see these two swapping notes on Nick, eww.

Ever since I watched Nick tell Monroe he had sex with Adalind, I'm thinking it's all fair game now.
But Monroe didn't have sex with Adalind. There are some topics that certain people should never engage in, like the subject of a common sex partner. As far as I know Nick and Hank have never had that particularly locker room talk. Nick and Sean certainly came close but they were antagonistic towards each other so it doesn't count.

Nick asked Hank if he and Suri slept together after their first date.
Nick didn't sleep with Suri. What I meant by the locker room talk was in relation to Adalind, sorry for not being specific.
After really analyzing my feelings about all this I realize this reminds me of something I'm sorry to say I have seen often enough to relate Nick and Juliette story to it. When a spouse or partner or friend or whatever has been told they have a type of incurable cancer, sorry to be so depressing. The person who is cancer free becomes angry in complete denial then they almost always feel as though it is somehow their fault. Of course in Juliette case he was in a way even though it was ultimately her decision. They men usually leave to gather themselves then finally come back and try to be as supportive as possible. This is my perception of the two of them except Juliette took it way too far and wouldn't accept it or him so she took it out on him instead of excepting his love and help.
Don't mean to be such a downer but now I finally understand my feelings about this story line
Judge not that you shall be judged, condemn not that you shall be condemned, forgive and you shall be forgiven - paraphrasing the Bible.

Of course, Juliette had many injustices done to her.
(03-02-2017, 12:30 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 12:27 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 12:18 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 12:08 PM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Their arrangement was to "live in sin."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_in_Sin
If the writers had any regard for marriage, the lead character would not be shacked up with a FWB. Nick and Juliette are both clueless about commitment and marriage. The vow is "to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." IMO neither of them have the courage and conviction to fulfill the vow. That is prevalent in society today:
http://www.apa.org/topics/divorce/
What is the "secret" Juliette used as her reason to be a FWB but not a wife?

Hey New Guy,
You do have a point about Juliette and Nick living in sin. But that is contingent upon one or both of them being brought up in a belief that it is a sin to live together. Neither of them seems to belong to any denomination. In fact, Nick poked a bit of fun at the tent revival episode. So, for the purposes of this discussion, they could live together and Juliette was indeed right to put honesty as a condition of their marriage.

(03-02-2017, 12:08 PM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Did you watch the PBS series about John Adams? Was their marriage 100% free of secrets? In 54 years, no secrets?
Many believe MonRosalee is a strong marriage. Are there no secrets such as Tony?
Some things are best left buried in the past.
N G

I have not seen John Adams, New Guy, and I really can't comment on secrets that should be kept secrets, regardless or secrets that should be revealed. What I think is important here is that Juliette had doubts about Nick's honesty and she did the right thing in confronting him about it prior to putting his ring on her finger.

(03-02-2017, 12:03 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 11:56 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Don't you wonder why Adalind has never picked Juliette/Eve's brain about Nick?
That would have been highly inappropriate. I don't ever want to see these two swapping notes on Nick, eww.

Ever since I watched Nick tell Monroe he had sex with Adalind, I'm thinking it's all fair game now.
But Monroe didn't have sex with Adalind. There are some topics that certain people should never engage in, like the subject of a common sex partner. As far as I know Nick and Hank have never had that particularly locker room talk. Nick and Sean certainly came close but they were antagonistic towards each other so it doesn't count.

Nick asked Hank if he and Suri slept together after their first date.

You can bet that if Nick went that far, he would probably be asking for the nitty gritty details.
(03-02-2017, 12:54 PM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]Judge not that you shall be judged, condemn not that you shall be condemned, forgive and you shall be forgiven - paraphrasing the Bible.

What are trying to say by that Bible scripture?
(03-02-2017, 01:05 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 12:54 PM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]Judge not that you shall be judged, condemn not that you shall be condemned, forgive and you shall be forgiven - paraphrasing the Bible.

That New Guy has always judged, condemned, but hasn't forgiven Juliette character. I can't think of the many spurious names he has for her, but he certainly rarely, if ever, refers to her as Juliette.
(03-02-2017, 01:14 PM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 01:05 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]

That New Guy has always judged, condemned, but hasn't forgiven Juliette character. I can't think of the many spurious names he has for her, but he certainly rarely, if ever, refers to her as Juliette.
Juliette is a fictional character though.
The character of a book is fiction too but its also interesting to talk about it.
Nick and Juliette were not living in sin. The two of them not getting married has nothing to do with a lack of courage. I wouldn't encourage anyone to get married to prove that their brave. I don't see a lack of conviction either. They lived together for years and were faithful to one another. I assume everyone in their lives knew about their relationship. How is that sinful?

Lack of courage comes into play with Nick hiding the truth from her. He feared Juliette leaving him if she found out which is definitely a cowardly act. The thing that showed me they shouldn't be together was Juliette wanting him to be open while Nick wanted to be secretive with highly valuable information. There's no compromise to be made when it comes to that aspect of their relationship.

On another note, Nick asking Hank about Suri and Adalind asking Juliette about Nick are completely different. The history between the characters speak for itself on that front. I highly doubt Adalind would ever ask Juliette that question.

The other characters tip-toe around Nick's relationships with the two even though I'm sure they're curious. There's a reason Monroe, Hank and Wu haven't asked Nick something like who's better in bed between Juliette and Adalind.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44