Grimm Forum

Full Version: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
(03-01-2017, 10:55 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2017, 10:47 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt that, Juliette had her entire life obliterated because the writers wanted to take her character to a new place.

You mean as the de-feminized soldier for HW? Is that the new place you're speaking of?

You know that's not wat I was alluding to. I mean as a badass, self-reliant, strong woman who can discipline her powers. Besides she didn't see it that way. She did say HW saved her life.
(03-01-2017, 11:21 AM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]I suspect Bitsie had a lot of input on it and just wanted a wig collection.

Bitsie did says she likes the wigs and picked some herself. It save her a lot of time in the morning having her hair not being done so she could come into work later. It also meant she thought her hair was in better shape because she felt the show was too hard on your hair.
(03-01-2017, 11:45 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2017, 10:55 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2017, 10:47 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt that, Juliette had her entire life obliterated because the writers wanted to take her character to a new place.

You mean as the de-feminized soldier for HW? Is that the new place you're speaking of?

You know that's not wat I was alluding to. I mean as a badass, self-reliant, strong woman who can discipline her powers. Besides she didn't see it that way. She did say HW saved her life.

And the point I was making is that she already was a strong woman who was known as Juliette. None of the characters had their life ripped from them like Juliette did. It was an injustice to her and I believe it was to make Adalind look better.

(03-01-2017, 11:47 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2017, 11:21 AM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]I suspect Bitsie had a lot of input on it and just wanted a wig collection.

Bitsie did says she likes the wigs and picked some herself. It save her a lot of time in the morning having her hair not being done so she could come into work later. It also meant she thought her hair was in better shape because she felt the show was too hard on your hair.

I'm sure they did, but I also am sure they no doubt had a selection of wigs available and told her to pick out what she liked from the selection. It's doubtful she was allowed to thumb through endless wig catalogs to randomly pick out wigs. It's also obvious from the above that wigs were not custom made for Bitsie, but were from a selection.
(03-01-2017, 11:21 AM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]This is good, insightful. In some ways this hearkens back to my Juliette was slumming theory, which I still think makes more sense than anything else anyone has espoused about these two. Clearly Juliette was head and shoulders above Nick, by any measure in regard to a man woman pairing. She certainly did not need him for a darn thing.
Hello Izzy,
I recall our "slumming" discussions. My position was that based on the financial data I presented, neither would fit the definition of a slummer or slumee. The show never released clear financial information; net worth, income, home ownership, etc.
In season 5, Nick sold the house while Hexenette was still "dead" so he would have owned it outright. Was he slumming in his own home? Wink
If FrankenEve had a decent income (HW paid in cash) and liquid assets why was she living in the tunnel (sewer) beneath the fome? I am guessing the answer is the same reason she was sleeping in her car after she walked out on Nick.
She has decided to leave the Fome and move into the Spice Shop. Can't she rent a room at Motel 6 or if she is so well off, a suite at the Hotel deLuxe? Big Grin
http://www.hoteldeluxeportland.com/?gcli...wAodaKoLiA
Nick should have dumped that loser when she did the phony cat scratch memory loss.
N G
(03-01-2017, 11:57 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]It's also obvious from the above that wigs were not custom made for Bitsie, but were from a selection.

LOL...oh man, I always thought that the wig is obviously a wig look was suppose to be part of the slut appeal. Cracks me up how different men and women view these things.

I always learn from you my dear little JellyFish.
(03-01-2017, 12:20 PM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2017, 11:57 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]It's also obvious from the above that wigs were not custom made for Bitsie, but were from a selection.

LOL...oh man, I always thought that the wig is obviously a wig look was suppose to be part of the slut appeal. Cracks me up how different men and women view these things.

I always learn from you my dear little JellyFish.

haha, thanks, izzy.

I wasn't all that impressed with Bitsie's wigs and to be honest I have no idea what the creative team was going for with the red and blue ones. But on the serious side, when my mother had cancer and lost all her hair to chemo, she had a wig custom made for her. It was very stylish and natural for her. My mother wore wigs quite a bit during my younger years and never liked them, even the custom made one.
(03-01-2017, 10:47 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2017, 09:22 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2017, 08:57 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you mean by not getting the guy and the baby it was an injustice?

IMO, Nick is not a prize to be won here. I find it an even greater insult to Juliette that that is all she's about. In other words, she's Nick's squeeze and egg donor to his baby.

That's not what I'm saying at all. Juliette had her entire life obliterated so that Adalind would look much more appealing to Nick.

I doubt that, Juliette had her entire life obliterated because the writers wanted to take her character to a new place. Adalind and Nick also had bad blood. He still didn't like her that much in 5x01 when she told him not hate him anymore for the sake of their son. I think what made her appealing to Nick was the fact that Nick felt needed, she gave him room to throw around his testosterone. Men want to feel needed.
Yes, yes, yes and yes. Nick is a simple man guided by an inherent need to protect and be needed. That's why he's a cop and why he couldn't give up being a Grimm. He fell for Adalind because she gave him the room and opportunity to do what he does, even if he doesn't do it well.
(03-01-2017, 12:01 PM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2017, 11:21 AM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]This is good, insightful. In some ways this hearkens back to my Juliette was slumming theory, which I still think makes more sense than anything else anyone has espoused about these two. Clearly Juliette was head and shoulders above Nick, by any measure in regard to a man woman pairing. She certainly did not need him for a darn thing.
Hello Izzy,
I recall our "slumming" discussions. My position was that based on the financial data I presented, neither would fit the definition of a slummer or slumee. The show never released clear financial information; net worth, income, home ownership, etc.
In season 5, Nick sold the house while Hexenette was still "dead" so he would have owned it outright. Was he slumming in his own home? Wink
If FrankenEve had a decent income (HW paid in cash) and liquid assets why was she living in the tunnel (sewer) beneath the fome? I am guessing the answer is the same reason she was sleeping in her car after she walked out on Nick.
She has decided to leave the Fome and move into the Spice Shop. Can't she rent a a room at Motel 6 or if she is so well off, a suite at the Hotel deLuxe? Big Grin
http://www.hoteldeluxeportland.com/?gcli...wAodaKoLiA
Nick should have dumped that loser when she did the phony cat scratch memory loss.
N G

NewGuy, I appreciate your thoughts on this. We never saw eye to eye on this issue simply because I know so many LEOs and about who they are involved with and who they are not involved with and why.

I think they made a huge mistake, in terms of credibility when they changed Juliette's background from a Baker to a Veterinarian. And they could have brought in contemporary social issues regarding gay marriage and wedding cakes and been ever so trendy and cool.
I think he become a police officer on the death of his parents. He can make Adalind become stronger.
(03-01-2017, 12:43 PM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]NewGuy, I appreciate your thoughts on this. We never saw eye to eye on this issue simply because I know so many LEOs and about who they are involved with and who they are not involved with and why.

TV never gets LEO spouses and SOs right. Never.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44