Grimm Forum

Full Version: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
I remember now and he did. He took the ring downstairs and was starting to propose to Juliette in the dining room as they were about to sit down for dinner. Then his mom knocked on the door and brought Adalind in and they were off and running.
(03-03-2017, 03:25 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 02:48 AM)bj123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 01:47 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 01:16 AM)bj123 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='jsgrimm45' pid='47742' dateline='1488375511']
I wouldn't agree that Juliette has had any injustice, but everyone will see this differently from their point of view. I would define an injustice is the way Sean and her mother handled Adalind losing her powers to Nick.

IMO Juliette never had a similar experience as that, she chose to help Nick get his Grimm. She chose how to deal with the hexenbiest experience. She left Nick, now we can say Nick didn't handle the news well at the start, he didn't leave her she left him.

Just my 2 cents.

I would like to disagree with you. Forget about Adalind for a second, If you see any other main characters in the grimm, did anyone lost their true essence completely? the answer is no(they rather made Adalind look more softer, who seems to have helping nature LoL). Adalind knows that she is on the wrong side and if she was a good person, she definitely had a choice. Either she could have left the country or she could self sacrificed by allowing Sean and her mother kill her. But she chose the wrong side and decided to do bad things to Hank, Nick and Juliette (Adalind did use Juliette's friendly nature in many cases to hurt Nick).

Juliette have had many worst experiences. Starting from cat scratch to becoming Hexabiest. And as you said she did have a choice not to help Nick knowing side effects will be there. But she chose to sacrifice herself to get Nick his grimm powers back. After she became Hexabiest, she gets the blame that she did many bad things and betrayed Nick. She wasnt born Hexabiest (If she was she would definetly have learned to control). All bad power came to her all at once and it dominated her true self which lead to do bad things. No one including Nick understood this and started blaming Juliette for his loss. what about the person who is root cause of this problem (if Adalind wouldnt have take Nick powers, none of this would have happend)? she gets to live a happy family life which Juliette desrved. I defintely call this whole thing as an injustice.

Evil power comes with great pain
What are you on about? Sean, Adalind and her mother were on the same side. They shunned and abandoned her when she became "useless" after Nick killed her hexenbiest. Adalind did all those bad things at Sean's command, so why should she sacrifice herself at that stage and her handlers get to walk away unscathed (except Catherine does eventually die)?

The cat scratch was 100% her doing and for that I agree she should have paid for that.
All i am trying to say is Adalind did had a choice to not be on Sean's/her mother side. No one hypnotized her to do bad stuff she did. Sean command her to do and hence she did is not an acceptable justification to showcase her as an innocent/good hearted/"had no choice" woman. She is even responsible for Juliette becoming hexabiest and all the bad things happend after that. "All i did is because i wanted to get to my child" doesn't make any sense when you go ahead and destroy others to get what you want.

I agree her handlers have to pay for instructing Adalaind to do bad stuff and she has to pay as well for chosing the bad side. unfortunately all we get to see is she is changed and accepted by everyone including Nick.
"Inorder to get to my baby i will go ahead and destroy other's life" doesnt make any sense even being a mother. and she did defintely stole Juliette's life starting from cat scratch to sleeping with Nik without his consent and having a baby. Juliette being pissed off with all these is reasonable. I wouldn't say all the bad things ever happend on this show is because of Adalind having said that all the bad things ever happend to Juliette on this show is defintely becuase of Adalind.

(03-02-2017, 07:50 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]There are subtle difference between Nick's handling of Juliette the hexenbiest and Adalind the hexenbiest. He's instinctually distrustful of them doesn’t particularly find the corpse look attractive. Nick immediately suspect Juliette was Adalind based on past experience. He turned away because his girlfriend was suddenly wearing the face he typically associated with an enemy, having dealt with Adalind, I can imagine how disconcerting that was for him. It wasn't easy for Juliette obviously. She was looking for reassurance seconds after revealing what had happened to her. There was no way Nick would have reacted well under those circumstances even if he and Adalind never happened. We know that things went downhill for them pretty quickly after that.

When Nick found out about Adalind's powers returning, he was thrilled either. He was mad she lied and worried that she was back to being her evil self and between Monroe and Rosalee, she was the one asking Nick not to rush into things because Adalind had been afraid. Rosalee got first hand experience of Adalind's side whereas nobody knew when it was Juliette, so she had nobody close to her and Nick to back her up when Nick's first instinct is to reach for a battle axe. Rosalee and Monroe eventually told Nick to let Adalind be the one to tell him to build trust and he listened. And because Adalind wanted to preserve what they had together, he watched her closely and after a period, he'd accepted their new situation as seen when she told him she'd missed him, kissed him and led him to bed.

Between the two hexenbiests at the reveal, he loved Juliette more and trusted Adalind even less. The difference between Adalind and Juliette is the fact that he had time to adjust with Adalind and the two women's contrasting actions played a major part in shaping the show today. Juliette went on a rampage, while Adalind tried desperately to hold on to him and the little life they'd built against all odds. I think this is due to who the two women were before, especially Adalind. She shunned her hexenbiest and its undesirable destructive tendencies while Juliette embraced them and it could be because she was made and not born, thus more susceptible to the hexenbiest's destruction nature, especially one as powerful as she was.
i agree. Juliette was made hexenbiest and was more controlled by her hexenbiest deamon inside.
(03-03-2017, 11:32 AM)bj123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 03:25 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 02:48 AM)bj123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 01:47 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 01:16 AM)bj123 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='jsgrimm45' pid='47742' dateline='1488375511']
I wouldn't agree that Juliette has had any injustice, but everyone will see this differently from their point of view. I would define an injustice is the way Sean and her mother handled Adalind losing her powers to Nick.

IMO Juliette never had a similar experience as that, she chose to help Nick get his Grimm. She chose how to deal with the hexenbiest experience. She left Nick, now we can say Nick didn't handle the news well at the start, he didn't leave her she left him.

Just my 2 cents.

I would like to disagree with you. Forget about Adalind for a second, If you see any other main characters in the grimm, did anyone lost their true essence completely? the answer is no(they rather made Adalind look more softer, who seems to have helping nature LoL). Adalind knows that she is on the wrong side and if she was a good person, she definitely had a choice. Either she could have left the country or she could self sacrificed by allowing Sean and her mother kill her. But she chose the wrong side and decided to do bad things to Hank, Nick and Juliette (Adalind did use Juliette's friendly nature in many cases to hurt Nick).

Juliette have had many worst experiences. Starting from cat scratch to becoming Hexabiest. And as you said she did have a choice not to help Nick knowing side effects will be there. But she chose to sacrifice herself to get Nick his grimm powers back. After she became Hexabiest, she gets the blame that she did many bad things and betrayed Nick. She wasnt born Hexabiest (If she was she would definetly have learned to control). All bad power came to her all at once and it dominated her true self which lead to do bad things. No one including Nick understood this and started blaming Juliette for his loss. what about the person who is root cause of this problem (if Adalind wouldnt have take Nick powers, none of this would have happend)? she gets to live a happy family life which Juliette desrved. I defintely call this whole thing as an injustice.

Evil power comes with great pain
What are you on about? Sean, Adalind and her mother were on the same side. They shunned and abandoned her when she became "useless" after Nick killed her hexenbiest. Adalind did all those bad things at Sean's command, so why should she sacrifice herself at that stage and her handlers get to walk away unscathed (except Catherine does eventually die)?

The cat scratch was 100% her doing and for that I agree she should have paid for that.
All i am trying to say is Adalind did had a choice to not be on Sean's/her mother side. No one hypnotized her to do bad stuff she did. Sean command her to do and hence she did is not an acceptable justification to showcase her as an innocent/good hearted/"had no choice" woman. She is even responsible for Juliette becoming hexabiest and all the bad things happend after that. "All i did is because i wanted to get to my child" doesn't make any sense when you go ahead and destroy others to get what you want.

I agree her handlers have to pay for instructing Adalaind to do bad stuff and she has to pay as well for chosing the bad side. unfortunately all we get to see is she is changed and accepted by everyone including Nick.
"Inorder to get to my baby i will go ahead and destroy other's life" doesnt make any sense even being a mother. and she did defintely stole Juliette's life starting from cat scratch to sleeping with Nik without his consent and having a baby. Juliette being pissed off with all these is reasonable. I wouldn't say all the bad things ever happend on this show is because of Adalind having said that all the bad things ever happend to Juliette on this show is defintely becuase of Adalind.

If Nick and human Juliette did not break up then Juliette would have been killed in season 4 by one of the wesen of the week she had to protect herself from using her hexenbeist powers that season. Sean was the mastermind behind many of the problems for both Adalind and Juliette and if he had not hired (pay was get rid of mom's debt) Adalind he would of hired someone else to hurt Aunt Marie and Hank. Adalind did not create the keys & stick & cloth, BC or the royal family was trying to kill Sean for years before Adalind or Diana which caused so many problems for all the scooby team including Juliette.
Juliette turned so blaming the others. I should say that after everything she did would have ended up psychiatric-mind blame-. Had it not been for the intervention of HW.. She was full of hatred for more than Adalind.
(03-03-2017, 11:09 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]I remember now and he did. He took the ring downstairs and was starting to propose to Juliette in the dining room as they were about to sit down for dinner. Then his mom knocked on the door and brought Adalind in and they were off and running.

That's even worse.
Hello Forum,
This thread continues the Forum tradition of lengthy discussion about the character(s) Juliette, Hexenette and FrankenEve. I will again post some transcripts and commentary. First, from 1.16, "The Thing with Feathers" the proposal:
Quote:NICK: Okay, look, I know that this weekend didn't turn out the way I planned.
And, uh, I think the thing of it is, you kind of have to make your own perfect moments.
So Juliette, will you be my wife?
Juliette: I can't.
I love you so much.
And I really, really want to marry you someday.
But I can't right now.
Nick: Because of what? I'm a cop? ls that
Juliette: It's not because of your job.
It's you.
I feel like you've been keeping things from me.
You've been so closed off.
I know how hard Aunt Marie's death was for you.
But until you can let me back in again, I can't say yes.
Nick had "closed off" his Grimm life IMO to protect her. The Grimm/Wesen world was dangerous and humans that got a glimpse of it became emotionally distressed, hurt or even killed. They were not communicating well, even though they seem deeply in love.
Next, from 2.04 "Quill" Juliett and her friends:
Quote:Juliette: So Bud, the reason that I wanted to talk to you is that I have been having some really weird issues with my memory lately.
I was in the hospital recently
Friend: You were? Oh, my God, that's terrible, unless, of course, they were saving your life, in which case, thank God.
- Are you all right? -
Juliette: Yeah, no, I'm totally okay.
I just I just wanted to know what you remember about me and Nick.
Friend: You and Nick? You guys are the perfect couple.
Juliette: - Really? -
Friend: Well, yeah, of course.
I mean, you're so much in love.
I still can't believe why you guys aren't married yet, even though that's none of my business.
Has something happened to Nick? -
Juliette: No, no, no, Nick's fine.
Friend: - Oh, thank God.
You scared me.
I mean, that Nick is one of a kind.
Juliette sought out who she thought could help her understand Nick and their relationship the Adalind's cat scratched away. I underlined what IMO indicates the friend held Nick in high regard and would be a good husband.
Then in 3.17, "Synchronicity" Nick and Juliette discuss marriage:
Quote:Scene: Nick and Juliette fold laundry while talking about Nick potentially wearing sunglasses at Monroe and Rosalee's wedding.

Juliette: You really think sunglasses will be enough?
Nick: They said it works. They couldn't see me as a Grimm.
Juliette: Well, if the wedding's at night, don't you think you're gonna look a little strange? And what if you trip and they fall off?
Nick: This isn't helping.
Juliette: Sorry.
Nick: [He puts some clothes in his drawer and finds the engagement ring] Hm.
Juliette: Hmm. Still there.
Nick: Yeah. Still here.
Juliette: So am I, and when the time is right, we both know where to find it, but one wedding to worry about right now is enough, especially if you have to whack a few guests.
At this point, Juliette is fully aware of his Grimm and IMO has an expectation that she will eventually marry Nick. We all know how the plot moves from love and romance to tragedy, but IMO it was Juliette becoming a hexenbiest and throwing away everything she had to pursue a life of hatred, betrayal, destruction and violence, that destroyed their relationship.
N G
(03-03-2017, 12:13 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]That's even worse.

Well, I saw their exchange in the bedroom and then the living room as a bit of teasing on her part that amounted to, "bring it on, let's do it." Though I'm sure there are plenty who won't see it that way if they watch it again.
Nick should know better.
(03-03-2017, 01:43 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Nick should know better.

How? He is not a man yet, and has no one but perhaps Monroe to guide him, and Monroe is in many ways an arrested adolescent himself. In the end, I think Grimm did a great job of mirroring many of the current symptoms of an increasingly dysfunctional society. Nick's lack of maturation makes him the poster boy for masculine dysfunction in a modern society.
(03-01-2017, 09:46 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2017, 09:41 AM)bj123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2017, 12:56 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Your view sums up my outlook on the subject exactly. I could even find the Nick and Adalind relationship having some validity. Except it seems to constantly be at the expense of Juliette / Eve. Eve in season 5 was a satisfying character because she had made a life for herself. Now in season 6 they are back to her going back to what she has lost and what it could have been. At some point Eve needs to catch a break. To have the person that has caused all the chaos and confusion end up with a happy life. Yet the character that has looked out for others ends up feeling loss and broken makes for a unbalanced story.

I am glad Adalind changed and found someone to settle down with. It just feels uncomfortable for Juliette / Eve to be the loser. People want to make Juliette the bad guy for being involved with Kelly's death. That and the trailer fire I see as a response to being very angry and wanting revenge. People understand Adalind wanting revenge for the group taking Diana. But that is and action that can and has been corrected. What happened to Juliette can not be corrected, and it completely changed her life. She can not just ignore it. The way Adalind learned to ignore not having Diana. To me Adalind selling her child for personal reasons is far worse then anything Juliette has done. At the same time Juliette becoming Adalind to get Nick his powers back. Is a bigger sacrifice then anything Adalind has done.
i second with what you said. I also see that Nick and Adalind relationship is valid to some extent. its just that how bitterly the relation has ended between Juliet and Nick. I see Juliette being Hexabiest for the first time (having more power than natural born Hexabiest) has lost the ability to think difference between good/bad and couldnt control Evil in her in a better way. From how her character portrayed from the start, I am sure that if she hadn't become Hexabiest she wouldnt have done anything what she has done to Nick and his mother. what i feel bad is that every other character (including Nick) is putting the blame on Juliette and the character who is the root cause of all most all issues (including this one) is happily enjoying a family life.

Adalind is not the root cause of many of these issues. Sean was the person making decisions behind the scenes that often cause issues for both Juliette and Adalind. Again, why do we compare only the same two women when both have been misled by Sean. That is why these women have put these issues aside and are working as a team and I am so proud of them both.

I agree that Sean was the person who instructed Adalaind to kill Aunt Marie. When it comes to Cat scratch, Adalind is solely responsible for this act. its because Sean instrcuted Adalind, she was in fake relationship with Hank and lost her powers when she confronted Nick with a fight. Now, if you are angry that you lost your powers, you can go ahead and either hurt Sean/Nick. Since she couldn't confront him, she went on and destroyed his girlfriend's life? and being a mother inorder to get to your baby, She slept with Nick under the mask of Juliette to take his grimm powers back. and had a baby later. After seeing all this, how much rage that should get created in Juliette's heart?

I am not comparing them and it will be good to see if two women put their differences aside and work for the bigger cause having said that writers did complete injustice how Juliette character ended. We all get to see she is responsible for Kelly's death. but they dont show her emotions well and why she did it? Did she betrayed Nick wholeheartedly or because she was under the influence of bad power, it made her do it. She was such a smooth character since start, so much in love and supported Nick even if she couldn't understand grimm/wesen world and ended with hatred received from her loved ones. This is not what that character deserved after all sacrifice she has done to get Nick his grimm powers back. At least i hope writers make some amendments and give this clarity in the new Juliette/Eve's Character.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44