Grimm Forum

Full Version: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Quote:Point taken, I guess what you're saying is Nick didn't love Juliette enough to accept who she became. Meaning he never loved her that much to begin with seeing he had no problem accepting Adalind. Juliette becoming a hexebniest gave him an easy out.
That is the point I am wondering about. And if that is the point they are trying to make. Why have Nick pinning over the lost of Juliette.
It just seems they make Juliette make good choices but lose in the end. They make Adalind make bad choices yet she benefits. I am wondering if this will change in the end.
(03-02-2017, 03:59 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Point taken, I guess what you're saying is Nick didn't love Juliette enough to accept who she became. Meaning he never loved her that much to begin with seeing he had no problem accepting Adalind. Juliette becoming a hexebniest gave him an easy out.
That is the point I am wondering about. And if that is the point they are trying to make. Why have Nick pinning over the lost of Juliette.
It just seems they make Juliette make good choices but lose in the end. They make Adalind make bad choices yet she benefits. I am wondering if this will change in the end.

I haven't seen him pinning over Juliette thus far. But I do think he cares about her as someone who was once a part of his life. He did love her, maybe just not enough to please the fans.
[quote='syscrash' pid='47846' dateline='1488442897']
All of this is the same issue. He hide the existence of the stick from her. Because you want to break down the actions need to achieve that goal does not make it more then one issue. That would be like saying going home is multiple trips if you break it down by the turns you make.
[/quote]

Hiding about the tunnels is unrelated safety issue. That is why Adalind was so surprised to find Eve under the loft since did not realize there was another way in.

Her response shows she never intended for him to really kiss her. she was making a point. The point that he was rejecting her. The point that he was disgusted by the way she looked. A disgust he has never shown toward Adalind.
[quote]
In season 3, Adalind woges holding Diana in Renard's home close to Nick and Nick was disgusted.

Scene: Inside Renard's condo, Renard, Nick, and Adalind talk about the past and what needs to happen next to protect the baby.
Adalind: What do you want Nick?
Nick: Personal feelings aside, I'm not here to hurt you or take your baby. But my mom risked her life to get you here. And if she hadn't—
Adalind: I know what she did. What would she have done if she knew who I was?
Nick: Or more to the point, who you are again.
Adalind: [She smiles] It's good to be back, Nick. [She woges]
Nick: [To Renard] You find that attractive? Really?
Renard: All right, okay, we're getting off topic here.

[ Compared to Adalind who gives him a lame excuse of being scared and he jumps into bed with her.
[/quote]

Not only did she tell that to Sean and he stay with her but she told that to Rosalee and she stayed with her until Adalind fell asleep.
(03-01-2017, 10:29 PM)Nicholas White Wrote: [ -> ]The idea of making Juilette a Hexenbiest wasn't done to make the show more interesting as the show was good in that department. It was to make Bitsie character Juilette more interesting to those who found her character boring and useless.

No, the show wasn't good in any department. As I believe someone pointed out, the ratings plummeted in season 4 and so they decided to make Juliette a hexenbiest.

I have no issue with making Juliette a hexenbiest. At the very least she was still Juliette. But then the creative team decided to take everything away from her.

I'm not talking about Nick. She can do without him. Women leave men all the time.

What I am talking about is the essence of Juliette. Her life. Her career. Her likes. Her dislikes. Instead they turned Eve into basically a soldier. She was wooden, she was manlike, hell, there wasn't even the charismatic hexenbiest about her. As I said before, then they went even further and turned her into a man.

While the rest of the characters retained their true selves that cannot be said about Juliette.

(03-01-2017, 10:29 PM)Nicholas White Wrote: [ -> ]They barely focused on Nick and Adalind having a baby together. We get about 4x+ scenes involving Eve than we get of Kelly.

No, they focused on Adalind's character. They made her softer, more feminine. She was the damsel in distress who worried about her hexenbiest coming back. That alone would endear her to Nick, especially since we saw how he viewed Juliette's hexenbiest. Then they gave her a baby. Nick's baby. He and the scoobies aren't able to resist that.

They completely tore down Juliette and made her a mannish soldier. Adalind on the other hand was given more feminine qualities, a softer side, and a baby. It's not just Nick they're doing this for. They want to make her more appealing to the viewing public.

In doing so they did a major, major injustice to Juliette.
(03-02-2017, 03:40 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Nick expressly dumped Juliette in the finale when he told her he was done and to 'get out'. That was after she had done a lot of damage. Before that he was still chasing after her. Juliette never gave Nick time to adjust and go through the motions. Of course when something bad happenes the first reflex is denial followed by the need to 'fix' it. Personally I think Nick reacted as humanly as possible to the situation coupled with the fact that he was a Grimm. Juliette was woging left and right trying to give him a crash course on dealing with your new hexenbiest girlfriend so obviously he showed revulsion which hurt her even more. I think over time Nick would've dealt with it and stand by her, he did say so himself.

Nick was never that way with Adalind because he saw her as an adversary and it wasn't personal. He saw her as just another dangerous wesen. By the time they were together Adalind had suppressed her hexenbiest. And when her hexenbiest came back Nick did say they had Kelly to think about now so he wasn't going to hurt her. And I think he'd begun to like her after all he slept with her again knowing she was now a hexenbiest.

So I think in the end it was misunderstanding that drove them apart, Juliette quickly assumed rejection and thing went downhill from there.
It not a misunderstanding but a fact that your are being rejected if. The one who is suppose to love you. Turns there head away from you. rather sleep on the couch. There only thought is to change you from what you are. He tried to force Juliette to take the suppression. Adalind had to convince him to let her take it. That is not a speculation. That is proof of rejection.

How is Juliette's woging a crash course in dealing. He has dealt with Adalind a half dozen times where she has woged. There where times when he even made a joke of it. So just what did he need time to get use to with Juliette.

You say when something bad happens the first reflex is denial. Where was Juliette's denial when Nick became a zombie. It would be different if Nick had never seen a hexenbiest. But he knew on very well. He has seen her woge close up and in his face.

If Nick could adjust to Adalind as a hexenbiest because she was an adversary. Then why did that not work for Juliettte when she became and adversary.

The point is for every justification made for why there was conflict between Nick and Juliette. Are not a problem between Nick and Adalind. For every reason given why Nick is with Adalind is a conflict with Nick and Juliette.

To me the show should have made Nick accept Juliette but make Juliette become hungry with power. But to pair him up with someone that is the same as what he is rejecting. Makes Nick seem hypocritical. That is does not bother Eve makes her seem naive.

Nick did accept Juliette she is the one who left not him please please please remember that SHE LEFT he tried he even said "you learned to live with me being a grimm now I have to learn to live with you being a Hexenbiest" this argument is really getting old no one is going to give in some people like Juliette and some Adalind we all know who I prefer. No matter what we all the say the truth is Juliette assisted, don't everybody go crazy! With Nicks mothers death. We need to understand that at any time when Juliette heard all the commotion going on down stairs she could have come to her defense she didn't. She burned down the trailer with his whole families life history in it. Somethings in life are very hard to forget and forgive but as I said before he never ever hurt her. Damn I thought I was done with my ranting guess not
Maybe if he rejected it because he could not accept it as "Juliette Hexenbiest". I mean in another sense
One does not usually accept criticism from his family but if he is unknow. Accept Adalind as "Hexenbiest" because its essence is "Hexenbiest". He feels it. Maybe it another had become other "Wesen" would have been different.
(03-02-2017, 06:28 AM)Kwu9888 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 03:40 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Nick expressly dumped Juliette in the finale when he told her he was done and to 'get out'. That was after she had done a lot of damage. Before that he was still chasing after her. Juliette never gave Nick time to adjust and go through the motions. Of course when something bad happenes the first reflex is denial followed by the need to 'fix' it. Personally I think Nick reacted as humanly as possible to the situation coupled with the fact that he was a Grimm. Juliette was woging left and right trying to give him a crash course on dealing with your new hexenbiest girlfriend so obviously he showed revulsion which hurt her even more. I think over time Nick would've dealt with it and stand by her, he did say so himself.

Nick was never that way with Adalind because he saw her as an adversary and it wasn't personal. He saw her as just another dangerous wesen. By the time they were together Adalind had suppressed her hexenbiest. And when her hexenbiest came back Nick did say they had Kelly to think about now so he wasn't going to hurt her. And I think he'd begun to like her after all he slept with her again knowing she was now a hexenbiest.

So I think in the end it was misunderstanding that drove them apart, Juliette quickly assumed rejection and thing went downhill from there.
It not a misunderstanding but a fact that your are being rejected if. The one who is suppose to love you. Turns there head away from you. rather sleep on the couch. There only thought is to change you from what you are. He tried to force Juliette to take the suppression. Adalind had to convince him to let her take it. That is not a speculation. That is proof of rejection.

How is Juliette's woging a crash course in dealing. He has dealt with Adalind a half dozen times where she has woged. There where times when he even made a joke of it. So just what did he need time to get use to with Juliette.

You say when something bad happens the first reflex is denial. Where was Juliette's denial when Nick became a zombie. It would be different if Nick had never seen a hexenbiest. But he knew on very well. He has seen her woge close up and in his face.

If Nick could adjust to Adalind as a hexenbiest because she was an adversary. Then why did that not work for Juliettte when she became and adversary.

The point is for every justification made for why there was conflict between Nick and Juliette. Are not a problem between Nick and Adalind. For every reason given why Nick is with Adalind is a conflict with Nick and Juliette.

To me the show should have made Nick accept Juliette but make Juliette become hungry with power. But to pair him up with someone that is the same as what he is rejecting. Makes Nick seem hypocritical. That is does not bother Eve makes her seem naive.

Nick did accept Juliette she is the one who left not him please please please remember that SHE LEFT he tried he even said "you learned to live with me being a grimm now I have to learn to live with you being a Hexenbiest" this argument is really getting old no one is going to give in some people like Juliette and some Adalind we all know who I prefer. No matter what we all the say the truth is Juliette assisted, don't everybody go crazy! With Nicks mothers death. We need to understand that at any time when Juliette heard all the commotion going on down stairs she could have come to her defense she didn't. She burned down the trailer with his whole families life history in it. Somethings in life are very hard to forget and forgive but as I said before he never ever hurt her. Damn I thought I was done with my ranting guess not
Agree and add this old saying there are 3 sides to every story, his, hers, and the truth someplace in the middle. Each character in the saga of Juliette had a side to play. The one thing we look to always omit in the Juliette story is her fear of hexenbiests. So did her own fear and her own id play a role in how she handled her new fate?
Is that side: Nick said would try to understand but she rejected it. Juliette did not want help. Too reject them-Monroe and Rosalee-. The group is not wise. They are not blame at all just because they did not know how to approach the situacion on Juliette "Hexenbiest".
There are subtle difference between Nick's handling of Juliette the hexenbiest and Adalind the hexenbiest. He's instinctually distrustful of them doesn’t particularly find the corpse look attractive. Nick immediately suspect Juliette was Adalind based on past experience. He turned away because his girlfriend was suddenly wearing the face he typically associated with an enemy, having dealt with Adalind, I can imagine how disconcerting that was for him. It wasn't easy for Juliette obviously. She was looking for reassurance seconds after revealing what had happened to her. There was no way Nick would have reacted well under those circumstances even if he and Adalind never happened. We know that things went downhill for them pretty quickly after that.

When Nick found out about Adalind's powers returning, he was thrilled either. He was mad she lied and worried that she was back to being her evil self and between Monroe and Rosalee, she was the one asking Nick not to rush into things because Adalind had been afraid. Rosalee got first hand experience of Adalind's side whereas nobody knew when it was Juliette, so she had nobody close to her and Nick to back her up when Nick's first instinct is to reach for a battle axe. Rosalee and Monroe eventually told Nick to let Adalind be the one to tell him to build trust and he listened. And because Adalind wanted to preserve what they had together, he watched her closely and after a period, he'd accepted their new situation as seen when she told him she'd missed him, kissed him and led him to bed.

Between the two hexenbiests at the reveal, he loved Juliette more and trusted Adalind even less. The difference between Adalind and Juliette is the fact that he had time to adjust with Adalind and the two women's contrasting actions played a major part in shaping the show today. Juliette went on a rampage, while Adalind tried desperately to hold on to him and the little life they'd built against all odds. I think this is due to who the two women were before, especially Adalind. She shunned her hexenbiest and its undesirable destructive tendencies while Juliette embraced them and it could be because she was made and not born, thus more susceptible to the hexenbiest's destruction nature, especially one as powerful as she was.
(03-01-2017, 10:46 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]Regardless of how interesting the viewers may find her, I think they attempted to put Juliette in the forefront. HW and BC ended up being a dud to me but there's no doubt that they were advertised as the biggest stories in season 5. Eve was HW's top soldier and was in every episode since her return. She was often the one getting valuable intel that pushed the plot forward and they showed how much more powerful she was in comparison to everyone else. Even BC feared her.

Ironically, this only made the character twice as irritating to me. Juliette/Eve never "earned" her powers; they were thrust open her, and then she exploited them to evil ends. HW brainwashed her into an alternate persona, but she still wasn't using her skills in any beneficial way. She was basically a puppet for Meisner, and nothing more. Where Hexenette was a frothing mad dog, Eve was a police-trained German Shepard. Both were killers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44