Grimm Forum

Full Version: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
(03-08-2017, 06:59 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]She would have left if they continued to not accept her. Juliette had left the scoobies long before she became Eve.

I don't think she would have cared if they accepted her or not. It appears to me that hexenbiests may have acquaintances and maybe customers for their potions and like, but friends? I don't think so.
(03-07-2017, 08:02 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]Eve appeared to be asexual. I never gave her having some fling with Meisner or anyone else any consideration. The LMDs on AOS have more desires, sexually or otherwise, than Eve does or rather did.
Hi HR,
I went to Google to learn about LMD. Is this correct?:
Quote:A Life Model Decoy (frequently known by the abbreviation LMD) is one type of android appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics.
I believe FrankenEve is constructed from Juliette's corpse, but she sure acts like an android! Smile
I couldn't find a good "AOS" on this list:
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/AOS
"Androids On Steroids" is some kind of an operating system.
http://vastinfos.com/2016/05/aos-android...-overview/
I give up. What is AOS?
N G
(03-08-2017, 10:20 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2017, 08:02 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]Eve appeared to be asexual. I never gave her having some fling with Meisner or anyone else any consideration. The LMDs on AOS have more desires, sexually or otherwise, than Eve does or rather did.
Hi HR,
I went to Google to learn about LMD. Is this correct?:
Quote:A Life Model Decoy (frequently known by the abbreviation LMD) is one type of android appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics.
I believe FrankenEve is constructed from Juliette's corpse, but she sure acts like an android! Smile
I couldn't find a good "AOS" on this list:
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/AOS
"Androids On Steroids" is some kind of an operating system.
http://vastinfos.com/2016/05/aos-android...-overview/
I give up. What is AOS?
N G

You're correct. AOS stands for Agents of Shield. Although Androids on Steroids is a pretty accurate description for the current arc. It's a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The agents are part of the same organization found in the movies.

I used LMDs as a comparison precisely because they're androids. I get the feeling Eve fits the characteristics of an android because she was all about the mission with no semblance of a personal life. Of course, the big difference is Eve had free will which is something that some specific LMDs have only begun to experience. You've heard of Age of Ultron but that's nothing compared to the Age of AIDA.

Back to Juliette, I know you believe she died for real but nothing was constructed from her corpse. She didn't die. And please don't use that pic of her lying on the floor again. The writers said she died because they didn't want to "spoil" her return. It doesn't mean that saying she died and returning as Eve was any less of a ridiculous copout.
The Dopplearmbruster fires hollow bolts that inject either a poison or a tranquilizer. If you watch the scenes of Juliette "dying" in "Cry havoc," neither of the bolts hit a vital organ (one's in her shoulder and the other at the base of her neck but at the front, not where the arteries are located), and there isn't nearly enough blood for her to have bled out. And she passed out way too quickly for it to have been caused by shock.

Add to that Trubel telling Nick in "Eve of Destruction" that she knew Juliette was alive when Chavez took her out of the house, and it's obvious that the bolts were loaded with the tranquilizer.
(03-08-2017, 12:10 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]You're correct. AOS stands for Agents of Shield. Although Androids on steroids is a pretty accurate description for the current arc. It's a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The agents are part of the same organization found in the movies.

I used LMDs as a comparison precisely because they're androids. I get the feeling Eve fits the characteristics of an android because she was all about the mission with no semblance of a personal life. Of course, the big difference is Eve had free will which is something that some specific LMDs have only begun to experience. You've heard of Age of Ultron but that's nothing compared to the Age of AIDA.

Back to Juliette, I know you believe she died for real but nothing was constructed from her corpse. She didn't die. And please don't use that pic of her lying on the floor again. The writers said she died because they didn't want to "spoil" her return. It doesn't mean that saying she died and returning as Eve was any less of a ridiculous copout.
Hi HR,
Thanks for the reply. Of course, Agents of Shield. I watched that series until the Amazon Prime ran out. I had begun to disappoint with too much fantasy.
The picture of Juliette en the floor with the darts in her chest and blood coming from her mouth is classic movie imagery:
https://www.quora.com/What-types-of-woun...-the-mouth
Quote:In movies, almost any type of wound seems to result in someone bleeding from their mouth (and they almost always die).
I take G&K at their word, so until they recant or present a flashback of how the character in 4.22 was shot, survived (they lied?) and became the character in 5.07 I will believe that she "indeed died."
N G

(03-08-2017, 12:48 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]The Dopplearmbruster fires hollow bolts that inject either a poison or a tranquilizer. If you watch the scenes of Juliette "dying" in "Cry havoc," neither of the bolts hit a vital organ (one's in her shoulder and the other at the base of her neck but at the front, not where the arteries are located), and there isn't nearly enough blood for her to have bled out. And she passed out way too quickly for it to have been caused by shock.

Add to that Trubel telling Nick in "Eve of Destruction" that she knew Juliette was alive when Chavez took her out of the house, and it's obvious that the bolts were loaded with the tranquilizer.
Hi Face,
Thanks for your commentary. I commented about the cinematic imagery of a person wounded and bleeding from the mouth is "presumed" dead. The clinical severity of her wounds was never disclosed. The bolt to the left of her sternum may have been intended to indicate she was shot through the heart.
Regardless, if the scene of her in the open coffin at the cemetery with all of the cast present ended with the lid closed and the coffin lowered into the grave, I would be satisfied that she was "indeed dead" as G&K confirmed. Even if Nick did bury her, returning as Eve was as HR said, "a ridiculous cop-out."
N G
You are aware that the cemetery scene was a dream/hallucination Nick had while he was drugged, right? It doesn't matter what happened in that scene because Nick still woke up on his living room floor the next morning.

I interpreted that scene alone as proof that Juliette was going to be back again eventually/
(03-08-2017, 06:17 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Eve not being sexual I think is more the lack of opportunity then it is the lack of desire. Of all the times Adalind sleep with someone only the last two time with Nick has been for pleasure and not as a part of a job.

I think it was done deliberately. I was thinking about the scene where she morphs into Renard and flubs it with Rachel. Juliette's been with Nick many times. She's also been with Kenneth and with Renard. She's got a pretty good idea of how a man acts in bed.

She's supposed to be this covert operative, and according to Henrietta, had the power to reduce any man to dribble. So if something went awry and she's now asexual, why doesn't HW bother doing anything abut it? A hexenbiest who's given the assignment of morphing into a man would have to expect the possibility that she (now he) might end up in the bedroom. For Eve to act all dumbfounded and clueless is funny, but it wouldn't be for this highly covert HW organization. It's a disaster that could end up getting their most valuable weapon killed.
The way Eve was acting when she was Sean with Rachael. There was an adult joke going on there. They even commented on it. The problem was Eve being able to perform as a man. They even made the comment about this has never happened before. Even Rosalee comment I wonder what that was like.

Even for a guy to perform on command is not always easy. I can imagine a female who is now male it would be even more awkward. When you can't perform you exhibit the same nervous response Eve had.
(03-09-2017, 06:37 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]The way Eve was acting when she was Sean with Rachael. There was an adult joke going on there. They even commented on it. The problem was Eve being able to perform as a man. They even made the comment about this has never happened before. Even Rosalee comment I wonder what that was like.

Even for a guy to perform on command is not always easy. I can imagine a female who is now male it would be even more awkward. When you can't perform you exhibit the same nervous response Eve had.

So was HW a joke then?
(03-09-2017, 07:55 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2017, 06:37 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]The way Eve was acting when she was Sean with Rachael. There was an adult joke going on there. They even commented on it. The problem was Eve being able to perform as a man. They even made the comment about this has never happened before. Even Rosalee comment I wonder what that was like.

So was HW a joke then?
Hi Iruk,
IMO, the entire show has become a joke. The remaining viewers are just waiting for the punch line to be delivered. Will the joke be on us?
N G
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44