Grimm Forum

Full Version: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
(03-02-2017, 12:54 PM)Kwu9888 Wrote: [ -> ]After really analyzing my feelings about all this I realize this reminds me of something I'm sorry to say I have seen often enough to relate Nick and Juliette story to it. When a spouse or partner or friend or whatever has been told they have a type of incurable cancer, sorry to be so depressing. The person who is cancer free becomes angry in complete denial then they almost always feel as though it is somehow their fault. Of course in Juliette case he was in a way even though it was ultimately her decision. They men usually leave to gather themselves then finally come back and try to be as supportive as possible. This is my perception of the two of them except Juliette took it way too far and wouldn't accept it or him so she took it out on him instead of excepting his love and help.
Don't mean to be such a downer but now I finally understand my feelings about this story line

Kwu, are you saying it's Juliette's fault for not taking Nick's ring? Sorry, I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
(03-02-2017, 01:25 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 01:14 PM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 01:05 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 12:54 PM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]Judge not that you shall be judged, condemn not that you shall be condemned, forgive and you shall be forgiven - paraphrasing the Bible.

Of course, Juliette had many injustices done to her.
What are trying to say by that Bible scripture?

That New Guy has always judged, condemned, but hasn't forgiven Juliette character. I can't think of the many spurious names he has for her, but he certainly rarely, if ever, refers to her as Juliette.
Juliette is a fictional character though.

Juliette is a fictional character and as such is fair game. NG's postings are of a predictable and relentless content and I was merely responding to them. I avoid reading such posts as much as possible, but I also have a big mouth and no apologies. Sue me.

The Forum has become mostly negative and hyper critical of the characters, writing and moral equivalency (timely expression) of Grimm. I do not enjoy coming here these days.
(03-02-2017, 12:18 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Hey New Guy,
You do have a point about Juliette and Nick living in sin. But that is contingent upon one or both of them being brought up in a belief that it is a sin to live together. Neither of them seems to belong to any denomination. In fact, Nick poked a bit of fun at the tent revival episode. So, for the purposes of this discussion, they could live together and Juliette was indeed right to put honesty as a condition of their marriage.
Hi Iruk,
Thanks for your reply.
The word sin has religious connotation. Fornication violates moral codes of conduct for several religions:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_sexuality
The biological and societal consequences. For example if King Frederick and Elizabeth Lascelles, were husband and wife would Sean Renard behave as he does? Consider Diana and how she longs to have Mommy and Daddy in love and growing up in a family.
Some say "it takes a village" yet the research continues to find significant benefits for children raised in a family:
http://www.clasp.org/resources-and-publi...s/0086.pdf
The bottom line IMO, if Juliette did not want to marry Nick, she should not be his FWB nor should he have been hers.
N G
I find it interesting that so many have problems with Nick and Juliette's relationship. Yet they are in favor of Nadalind.
There are also those that suggest marriage counselig could have helped Nick and Juliette. How does counseling work if the secret is something you can't talk about.
In season one Nick keeping wesen a secret make sense. How he handled it doesn't. There are a lot of people who can not talk about their job. Some can't even talk about what they do. But of the people in know they don't deny there is a secret. They just say they can't talk about it so don't ask.

Why the objection to Juliette being FWB but it is OK for Adalind. There are complaints that Juliette would not marry Nick because of secrets. Would these people be ok if Adalind married Nick even though there is the Germany secret.
(03-02-2017, 12:54 PM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]Judge not that you shall be judged, condemn not that you shall be condemned, forgive and you shall be forgiven - paraphrasing the Bible.

That New Guy has always judged, condemned, but hasn't forgiven Juliette character. I can't think of the many spurious names he has for her, but he certainly rarely, if ever, refers to her as Juliette.
Hi Speakeasy,
Your words are very judgemental of me.
In Grimm I see characters use poor judgement that resulted in hurt, destruction and even death.
There is no excuse for poor judgement. The repeat DWI offender who commits vehicular homicide should not be excused because he was drunk.
Proper judgement and condemnation of criminal perpetrators is vital to civilized society. The heinous crimes Hexenette committed require judgement and condemnation. It is called justice.
Forgiveness is part of the healing process for a victim. I suppose the family members of Ted Bundy's victims may have forgiven him, but likely also are relieved that just punishment was imposed:
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
N G
(03-02-2017, 03:42 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Would these people be ok if Adalind married Nick even though there is the Germany secret.

IMO Adalind believes keeping secrets is part of grimm/wesen culture so I would understand it but feel sad about it.
The only problem I see with that view is Adalin and Sean are the only two that does not know. Which is interesting because these are the two that where after the key which lead to the stick.
(03-02-2017, 03:49 PM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi Speakeasy,
Your words are very judgemental of me.
In Grimm I see characters use poor judgement that resulted in hurt, destruction and even death.
There is no excuse for poor judgement. The repeat DWI offender who commits vehicular homicide should not be excused because he was drunk.
Proper judgement and condemnation of criminal perpetrators is vital to civilized society. The heinous crimes Hexenette committed require judgement and condemnation. It is called justice.
Forgiveness is part of the healing process for a victim. I suppose the family members of Ted Bundy's victims may have forgiven him, but likely also are relieved that just punishment was imposed:
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
N G

What a silly and irrevelent post.
(03-02-2017, 01:36 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]Nick and Juliette were not living in sin. The two of them not getting married has nothing to do with a lack of courage. I wouldn't encourage anyone to get married to prove that their brave. I don't see a lack of conviction either. They lived together for years and were faithful to one another. I assume everyone in their lives knew about their relationship. How is that sinful?
Hi HR,
It is factual that Nick and Juliette engaged in fornication:
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/fornication
The Bible is very clear that fornication is a sin:
http://christiananswers.net/dictionary/fornication.html
People who "shack up" are said to be "living in sin."
You can check it yourself:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_in_Sin
I am simply providing published definitions and Bible references. Nick and Juliette were most definitely "living in sin."
You may enjoy this:
http://www.npr.org/2013/04/04/176203263/...habitating
N G
(03-02-2017, 04:11 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]The only problem I see with that view is Adalin and Sean are the only two that does not know. Which is interesting because these are the two that where after the key which lead to the stick.

Adalind was after the key to paid off a debt for her mom. By season 5, she wanted them to go away so Nick and Kelly could be safe. Adalind knew Nick had enough keys to make a map unlike Sean.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44