Grimm Forum

Full Version: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
They'd suit up to testify in court, and uniforms would come out for ceremonial occasions like funerals and medal presentations.

The only detectives regularly suiting up would be in the white collar crimes unit.

Renard as a captain could either wear suits or be in uniform, but generally captains only wear uniforms if they are commanding patrol units. Grimm departs from reality when Renard claims to run the precinct, because what he really appears to be doing is commanding the homicide detective detail in his precinct. Real life, uniform patrol units would report to their own captain, and all the captains in the precinct would report to a Commander.
Some of the drug and gang unit detectives where jeans to court. But yes for funerals they all ware their uniforms. Looks strange seeing the long hair and beards in uniform.
(03-06-2017, 06:50 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]They'd suit up to testify in court, and uniforms would come out for ceremonial occasions like funerals and medal presentations.

The only detectives regularly suiting up would be in the white collar crimes unit.

Renard as a captain could either wear suits or be in uniform, but generally captains only wear uniforms if they are commanding patrol units. Grimm departs from reality when Renard claims to run the precinct, because what he really appears to be doing is commanding the homicide detective detail in his precinct. Real life, uniform patrol units would report to their own captain, and all the captains in the precinct would report to a Commander.

Interesting. I watched a couple of different cop shows, Major Crimes, which takes place in Los Angeles, and Rizzoli and Isle, which takes place in Boston.

The cops wore their uniforms and the detective wore suits and handled blue collar crimes. Portland must be different then?
We have never seen the PD on Grimm go to any events. I am in Los Angeles and they are very casual her. I don't know what Portland detectives do.
It was strange that after the shoot out at the end of season 5. In Season 6 we did not see any officers wearing the mourning band on their badges.
(03-06-2017, 07:17 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]We have never seen the PD on Grimm go to any events. I am in Los Angeles and they are very casual her. I don't know what Portland detectives do.
It was strange that after the shoot out at the end of season 5. In Season 6 we did not see any officers wearing the mourning band on their badges.

Los Angeles has changed quite a bit then since I was out there. It was only vice that dressed casual. The police wore uniforms. I know because my sister worked for the police and dated a few cops. One was an LA cop and he was vice for a while. He could tell some great stories.

I can tell you in the city I live in, which is comparable in size to Portland, the cops wear their uniforms and detectives wear suits, regardless of the crime being investigated.

(03-06-2017, 06:37 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Rosalee dresses exactly like someone that works in say something like the bodhi tree book store in los angeles

She doesn't dress like anyone I've seen in stores. It's all a matter of perspective. I'm just saying the first thing a person sees from a vendor is their appearance. If she looks like she's ready to hike, that might appeal to some and they'll continue shopping at her establishment. Others might figure that, if she doesn't even take the time to make herself appealing, why bother. They'll turn around and head right out the door.
This style of dress is in a lot of stores in Los Angeles especially in Hollywood and Santa Monica.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt49rvcDUP1-sGy9R0Pp_...3481KwhFQJ]
I do computer programming and that is how we dress everyday in the office.
(03-06-2017, 07:39 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]This style of dress is in a lot of stores in Los Angeles especially in Hollywood and Santa Monica.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt49rvcDUP1-sGy9R0Pp_...3481KwhFQJ]
I do computer programming and that is how we dress everyday in the office.

So you're dealing with the public face to face every day?
We deal with vendors and clients.
(03-06-2017, 05:06 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]New Guy this can not be done to a dead body
"She’s coming back, but it’s not really Juliette anymore. It’s this new character, Eve, who has not been brainwashed exactly, but she’s been through some incredibly tough training where they broke her down to nothing."
When Elizabeth brought Sean back he was still Sean. The point is the personality that was Juliette is dead. By definition that is a
Quote:metaphor.
noun
a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
The body did not die. That is why Juliette is dead is a metaphor. Because it is not literal.
Syscrash,
You have failed to produce any instance where G&K used the word "metaphor" or anything like it. Their interviews have used "indeed" dead but never "metaphor."
Quote:indeed:
in fact; in reality; in truth; truly (used for emphasis, to confirm and amplify a previous statement, to indicate a concession or admission, or, interrogatively, to obtain confirmation):
Your metaphorical death concept is entirely yours. The fact, reality and truth that she died is the position of G&K. No offense, but IMO the writers are a much more reliable source of Grimm information. Cool
N G
(03-06-2017, 07:56 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]We deal with vendors and clients.

I can't comment further as your statement really doesn't tell me anything. Let's leave it at that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44