Grimm Forum

Full Version: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
(03-03-2017, 05:38 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]There is a problem with justification for being in the fome because it is a safe place to be. One Nick said he pick it because no one could find him. Yet Trubel and Meisner should up a few days later. Nick said he picked it becuase of the security features including the steel shutters. Yet It did not stop Eve from Entering. And it surly did not even slow BC down. They entered with ease. So exactly how is it safer then the house was.
Sean house was attacked he moves to a beach house. He becomes the enemy of BC and he moves to a hill top house. There is no logic to Nicks choice. there is also no logic to why he still stays there. The tunnels have nothing to do with the prophecy. They only became important once Eve drew on them.

Every few shows, a wesen, often the wesen of the week, showed up at Nick's house that he shared with Juliette. Baby Kelly while in the fome has never been in danger of the wesen of the week.
Some here have theorized that Nick and Juliette's relationship was beginning to fall apart. I actually can see this. I think he did propose out of desperation.
(03-03-2017, 06:09 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 06:04 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 05:44 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Did Nick propose out of love or out of desperation? Just curious to see what others think.

My thought is that he was desperate.
it was coming from s sincere place.
I believe this as well.
IMO Nick was in love but Juliette had her doubts, maybe she didn't want to be a cop's wife, maybe she had idea's of her life that she would have to give up to marry things like these, spoken or unspoken may have been in play. Juliette at that time may have been more complex character, that the writers never flush out.
(03-03-2017, 06:13 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 05:38 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]There is a problem with justification for being in the fome because it is a safe place to be. One Nick said he pick it because no one could find him. Yet Trubel and Meisner should up a few days later. Nick said he picked it becuase of the security features including the steel shutters. Yet It did not stop Eve from Entering. And it surly did not even slow BC down. They entered with ease. So exactly how is it safer then the house was.
Sean house was attacked he moves to a beach house. He becomes the enemy of BC and he moves to a hill top house. There is no logic to Nicks choice. there is also no logic to why he still stays there. The tunnels have nothing to do with the prophecy. They only became important once Eve drew on them.

Every few shows, a wesen, often the wesen of the week, showed up at Nick's house that he shared with Juliette. Baby Kelly while in the fome has never been in danger of the wesen of the week.
BC found out where the fome is and they are all dead except for Sean and he's not coming after Nick or Adalind any time soon so Kelly is much safer than Juliette was in her old house.

(03-03-2017, 06:15 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 05:44 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Did Nick propose out of love or out of desperation? Just curious to see what others think.

I believe this as well.
IMO Nick was in love but Juliette had her doubts, maybe she didn't want to be a cop's wife, maybe she had idea's of her life that she would have to give up to marry things like these, spoken or unspoken may have been in play. Juliette at that time may have been more complex character, that the writers never flush out.
If they'd fleshed out Juliette even more, chances are viewers would think she was too good for Nick. She wanted more from Nick but at the same time she wouldn't leave him. The complaints I remember from S1 was that she didn't love Nick enough and thus not good enough for Nick. Nick came across more like a victim of a "loveless" relationship even though that wasn't truly the case.

I believe this as well.

Yes but here's the other side of the coin, js. Nick has just been given the very thing he apparently has needed all of his life, and that's to be a grimm. He told Hank he loved being a grimm. It's obvious he didn't want to give that up.

He also has a woman who's not happy with him the way he is, but he's not ready to give her up to be a grimm. So he does what he thinks is appealing to *her* and proposes.

I believe this as well.

(03-03-2017, 06:08 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 06:05 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]My real issue is with the brains who decided Juliette needed a complete overhaul.
Hi Iruk,
I agree. Wink The "Brains" could have been NBC, G&K, or another source that expected the "overhaul" would be an improvement. The decision destroyed the character.
Yes. Whatever they thought they were doing with her character, didn't help her at all. I think Eve gained what little fans Juliette had failed to attract, but even then it still didn't elevate her in the eyes of a majority of the fans with the bitter taste of 4B still fresh for many people.
Greetings,
IMO, the series began with Nick and Juliette deeply and genuinely in love. The flashbacks of their romance prior to the pilot episode 1.01 seem provide the evidence. When Nick proposed, his life as a Grimm had caused Juliette some concern. He hid his Grimm from her and she proved his decision correct when he told her and she flipped out. Her reaction was similar to the emotional distress other humans had when first seeing a Wesen Woge. She never recovered and their relationship deteriorate even though they continued to say "I love you." Juliette even spoke of love just before attempting to murder Nick.
Nick's timing was bad, but IMO he did not propose out of desperation but because he deeply and genuinely loved her and wanted to marry her.
N G
(03-03-2017, 06:20 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

I believe this as well.

Yes but here's the other side of the coin, js. Nick has just been given the very thing he apparently has needed all of his life, and that's to be a grimm. He told Hank he loved being a grimm. It's obvious he didn't want to give that up.

He also has a woman who's not happy with him the way he is, but he's not ready to give her up to be a grimm. So he does what he thinks is appealing to *her* and proposes.
So you're talking about the second almost proposal?

I don't think Nick was remotely aware of Juliette's true feelings about his Grimm life. She's worked hard to be let in from the outside only to find that it wasn't really all glitter and gold. She was steadfast in supporting him but for herself, it wasn't the life she envisioned. She thought being a cop's wife would be the most she'd have to deal with but now it wasn't. A powerless Nick was probably a godsend for her. She was thinking "FINALLY" they'll (read: she'll) get some peace but they'd long past the point of no return.

With the second proposal, he thinks they want the same things in life, they probably did but they'd never get them because he now valued being a Grimm above everything else.
(03-03-2017, 06:29 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 06:20 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 06:04 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: [ -> ]it was coming from s sincere place.
I believe this as well.

So you're talking about the second almost proposal?

I don't think Nick was remotely aware of Juliette's true feelings about his Grimm life. She's worked hard to be let in from the outside only to find that it wasn't really all glitter and gold. She was steadfast in supporting him but for herself, it wasn't the life she envisioned. She thought being a cop's wife would be the most she'd have to deal with but now it wasn't. A powerless Nick was probably a godsend for her. She was thinking "FINALLY" they'll (read: she'll) get some peace but they'd long past the point of no return.

With the second proposal, he thinks they want the same things in life, they probably did but they'd never get them because he now valued being a Grimm above everything else.
Does he value being a Grimm above anything else or is a Grimm a calling that can't be in most cases turned down? Like can Superman ever stop being Superman?
The second proposal is when they arrive at the wedding?And he says he was going to propose it.It's not useful to say that, but I think he really wanted to tell her that if he was interested in she.I would like to tell you that you liked it better than a"Wesen",would be to create problems too.What did Nick say when he went to bed with Juliette,
being her "Adalind"
(03-03-2017, 06:39 AM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]The second proposal is when they arrive at the wedding?And he says he was going to propose it.It's not useful to say that, but I think he really wanted to tell her that if he was interested in she.I would like to tell you that you liked it better than a"Wesen",would be to create problems too.What did Nick say when he went to bed with Juliette,
being her "Adalind"
The implied proposal was at the house before going to the wedding. At the wedding site I found her statement there to the most telling paraphrasing "I'm not use I can keep doing this". Maybe the first time Juliette really tells the truth to Nick. I always go back to her friend she forced to show she was wesen, why did she do that? What was the reason her friend didn't want to Juliette forced her by telling her Nick was a Grimm.

IMO Juliette liked the idea of knowing but at some level feared wesen, and the wedding and what Adalind had done she knows for sure she can't accept the world she is now involved in. Now this was an injustice to Juliette on herself, to think she could live this life.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44