Grimm Forum

Full Version: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
(03-01-2017, 12:44 PM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]I think he become a police officer on the death of his parents.

This really is the problem, we don't really know much at all about the central figure of the series so we think this, we guess that...etc
The report Nick 's is suffered depression and had attemped suicide- do not check-. Nick bad happened for the death of his parents. He went ahead for the support of his aunt. I do not mention the other a Juliette. But also Rosalee does not mention about his past. Nick completed his studies-with the nomade life they wore they would not have finished school-
I think its where when Marie and Nick separated. But he could handle them alone. And enrolled in the academy of police. I think his established -New York?- or tell you where to send your letters. No one knows if she knew about the Internet.
(03-01-2017, 08:34 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Iruk,
IMO, Adilind looked no better regardless of how vile Hexenette became. Neither of them can erase their past. Adalind at least expresses regret. FrankenEve simply says it was Juliette, not her, who was so heinous.

Hey New Guy-

I've seen so many comments about how Juliette refused Nick's proposal, like that was really a bad thing to do. But something I've noticed that's been completely forgotten is how Nick acted during the time he lost his grimmness.

He really wanted his grimness back but wasn't enough of a man to confront Juliette and be truthful with her. He "waited" for her to make the decision and then added something to the effect of, "are you really sure you want me to be a grimm again?" What a putz.

Is there any doubt she was right by refusing to put his ring on her finger?

Some of Juliette's actions as a hexenbiest are reprehensible. I'm not disagreeing with any of that. What my issue is with her character is that everything about her was ripped away from her during season 4.

My complaint about Adalind is that she was given some extra qualities that make her the more appealing character, in my opinion. For example, she came forth with Nick's child, which binds him to her. She took a suppression potion, and portrayed the helpless damsel afraid of the big bad hexenbiest, which by the way, never materialized. She's shown as the good and attentive mother *and* was the first to approach Nick romantically.

What's Eve's compared to that? Pretty much chopped liver. She's been turned into a wooden soldier and whatever femininity she had has evaporated. They even had her changing into Renard to prove it.

(03-01-2017, 08:34 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]You may be familiar with The Parable of the Prodigal Son. The son demanded his inheritance (effectively saying he wished his Father was dead), left home and squandered it all on detestable activities. He repented, came home, begged forgiveness and humbly asked his Father to take him back as a hired servant. You know the rest.
FrankenEve has not repented, has not asked to be forgiven and simply continues as the Wooden Woman with an occasional "Juliettian slip". So now she is given full acceptance and invited to the party for Monroe, one of the people she attacked and nearly killed. I cannot see any purpose in her character other than to irritate the viewers.
N G

I am familiar with the parable, New Guy. I'm not so sure the viewing audience will really ever forgive Juliette/Eve, but I do think her apology is forthcoming.
(03-01-2017, 06:24 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I am familiar with the parable, New Guy. I'm not so sure the viewing audience will really ever forgive Juliette/Eve, but I do think her apology is forthcoming.
Hi Iruk,
You may recall that in the prodigal son parable the Father forgave him, his brother did not. Therein lies the point of the parable.
N G
No rant from me now just an observation of mine as I said before Adalind asked for forgiveness from everyone and was forgiven by all. I think if Juliette/Eve whoever she is now would acknowledge the nasty and awful things she has done, let us not forget she burned down the trailer with all of Nicks family history and priceless irreplaceable objects, and ask for forgiveness I might have a little more sympathy for her
(03-01-2017, 07:19 PM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2017, 06:24 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I am familiar with the parable, New Guy. I'm not so sure the viewing audience will really ever forgive Juliette/Eve, but I do think her apology is forthcoming.
Hi Iruk,
You may recall that in the prodigal son parable the Father forgave him, his brother did not. Therein lies the point of the parable.
N G

So, what do you think, New Guy? Will the viewership forgive her? I have my doubts.
(03-01-2017, 06:24 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Hey New Guy-
I've seen so many comments about how Juliette refused Nick's proposal, like that was really a bad thing to do.

I am not NewGuy...but I am sleeping at Hilton tonight so that (somehow) qualifies me to comment...(LOL)...

Given how many marriages fail even when both parties have no doubts, this remains the proof of Juliette's intellect.
What I see as the biggest injustice to Juliette is How he accepts Adalind. But completely rejected Juliette. In season 4 when Juliette and Nick had their talk. She stated to him how he does not look at her the same anymore. She then woged and asked can you be in love with this. She did the same thing when she was in jail. Several time she told Nick and the group she was beginning to like what she is. But they still had trouble accepting her as a hexenbiest. Even to the end their only concern was to suppress her hexenbiest.

But then along comes Adalind. instantly all of the objections Nick had for hexenbiest are gone. He has no trouble looking at Adalind lovingly. He has no trouble sleeping with Adalind. Even the group was quick to come around and accept Adalind and where willing to help her. The only problem Nick had with Juliette was because she was a hexenbiest. The injustice is with Adalind that is no longer an issue. I think it would be more understandable if Adalind was anything other then a hexenbiest.

IMO had the group shown Juliette even half the acceptance they show Adalind. Juliette would not have become vengeful.
Nick's initial reaction to hexenbiest Juliette was to think that she was Adalind impersonating Juliette again. Which leads me to believe that his aversion to hexenbiests was really based on his past experiences with Adalind. It took a visit with Henrietta and some serious contemplation, but he did go back to Juliette, reaffirm his love for her and state his commitment to adjust to her new situation the way she had adjusted to him being a Grimm. But by then Juliette's hexenbiest may have already started to warp her mind, because she took his lack of instant total acceptance as rejection, left the house and proceeded to go off the rails.

By the end of S04, Juliette had tried to kill Adalind and Nick's unborn son, slept with Sean and Kenneth, tried to make Nick kill Monroe and helped the royals kill Nick's mom and the neighbors. Which probably made Adalind's past misdeeds seem almost trivial by comparison and transferred the revulsion Nick felt toward hexenbiests onto Juliette.

By the end of S05, however, Nick seemed to have become jaded about hexenbiest appearance, because Eve's woges no longer elicited much of a reaction from him. Or maybe his aversion was just transferred to Bonaparte and died with him.
(03-01-2017, 08:35 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]What I see as the biggest injustice to Juliette is How he accepts Adalind. But completely rejected Juliette. In season 4 when Juliette and Nick had their talk. She stated to him how he does not look at her the same anymore. She then woged and asked can you be in love with this. She did the same thing when she was in jail. Several time she told Nick and the group she was beginning to like what she is. But they still had trouble accepting her as a hexenbiest. Even to the end their only concern was to suppress her hexenbiest.

But then along comes Adalind. instantly all of the objections Nick had for hexenbiest are gone. He has no trouble looking at Adalind lovingly. He has no trouble sleeping with Adalind. Even the group was quick to come around and accept Adalind and where willing to help her. The only problem Nick had with Juliette was because she was a hexenbiest. The injustice is with Adalind that is no longer an issue. I think it would be more understandable if Adalind was anything other then a hexenbiest.

IMO had the group shown Juliette even half the acceptance they show Adalind. Juliette would not have become vengeful.

And one of my biggest pet peeves with Juliette is that she never gave Nick a chance but also maybe just maybe he really didn't and doesn't love her, most of us have seen a connection between Nick and Adalind since the beginning so maybe it's just that simple he tried his best to help her and she pretty much threw it back in his face and had sex with 2 different men in my opinion Nick finally traded up
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44