Grimm Forum

Full Version: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
(03-01-2017, 07:34 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Juliette could have been great as King Freddie's Darth Hexenbiest.

...with Nick filling Luke Skywalker's role, bringing the Royals/Empire to their knees. (Monroe would obviously be Han Solo. Cool )
(03-01-2017, 06:18 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2017, 06:16 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Hexenette was also evil and violent.

Agree. All in the name of making Adalind look good.
Hi Iruk,
IMO, Adilind looked no better regardless of how vile Hexenette became. Neither of them can erase their past. Adalind at least expresses regret. FrankenEve simply says it was Juliette, not her, who was so heinous.
You may be familiar with The Parable of the Prodigal Son. The son demanded his inheritance (effectively saying he wished his Father was dead), left home and squandered it all on detestable activities. He repented, came home, begged forgiveness and humbly asked his Father to take him back as a hired servant. You know the rest.
FrankenEve has not repented, has not asked to be forgiven and simply continues as the Wooden Woman with an occasional "Juliettian slip". So now she is given full acceptance and invited to the party for Monroe, one of the people she attacked and nearly killed. I cannot see any purpose in her character other than to irritate the viewers.
N G
I don't think the writers had planned for Nick and Adalind to be together romantically by the end of season 4. The reason why Kelly became Nick's kid was because Claire was pregnant and they decide to write it into the story. So I don't think they had plans to make Adalind look good and Juliette look bad.
Most probably it's while they were drafting S5 in the writer's room did the idea of a Nick and Adalind coupling coming up. I can say that had nothing to do with Juliette because as far as everyone was concerned she was 'dead'. And how would making Adalind look good affect an absent character.
I think they just had no idea where to take Juliette's character next or what to do with her and then they made her go dark.
They brought her back to the 'good side' in the form of Eve and she was more confident and empowered than we'd ever seen her. She was shinning on her without being Nick's prop so how is that an injustice?
Unless you mean by not getting the guy and the baby it was an injustice?
Adalind's journey was never about getting the guy, it was more about atonement, being on the good side for a change and raising both her kids the right way. It just so happened she started something with Nick but to make it all about her relationship would be missing the point. I don't find anything wrong with making a former evil character good or vice versa, it happens all the time on TV. It's about character development and adding more layers to the characters.
(03-01-2017, 08:57 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you mean by not getting the guy and the baby it was an injustice?

IMO, Nick is not a prize to be won here. I find it an even greater insult to Juliette that that is all she's about. In other words, she's Nick's squeeze and egg donor to his baby.

That's not what I'm saying at all. Juliette had her entire life obliterated so that Adalind would look much more appealing to Nick.
(03-01-2017, 12:56 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Your view sums up my outlook on the subject exactly. I could even find the Nick and Adalind relationship having some validity. Except it seems to constantly be at the expense of Juliette / Eve. Eve in season 5 was a satisfying character because she had made a life for herself. Now in season 6 they are back to her going back to what she has lost and what it could have been. At some point Eve needs to catch a break. To have the person that has caused all the chaos and confusion end up with a happy life. Yet the character that has looked out for others ends up feeling loss and broken makes for a unbalanced story.

I am glad Adalind changed and found someone to settle down with. It just feels uncomfortable for Juliette / Eve to be the loser. People want to make Juliette the bad guy for being involved with Kelly's death. That and the trailer fire I see as a response to being very angry and wanting revenge. People understand Adalind wanting revenge for the group taking Diana. But that is and action that can and has been corrected. What happened to Juliette can not be corrected, and it completely changed her life. She can not just ignore it. The way Adalind learned to ignore not having Diana. To me Adalind selling her child for personal reasons is far worse then anything Juliette has done. At the same time Juliette becoming Adalind to get Nick his powers back. Is a bigger sacrifice then anything Adalind has done.
i second with what you said. I also see that Nick and Adalind relationship is valid to some extent. its just that how bitterly the relation has ended between Juliet and Nick. I see Juliette being Hexabiest for the first time (having more power than natural born Hexabiest) has lost the ability to think difference between good/bad and couldnt control Evil in her in a better way. From how her character portrayed from the start, I am sure that if she hadn't become Hexabiest she wouldnt have done anything what she has done to Nick and his mother. what i feel bad is that every other character (including Nick) is putting the blame on Juliette and the character who is the root cause of all most all issues (including this one) is happily enjoying a family life.
(03-01-2017, 09:41 AM)bj123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2017, 12:56 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Your view sums up my outlook on the subject exactly. I could even find the Nick and Adalind relationship having some validity. Except it seems to constantly be at the expense of Juliette / Eve. Eve in season 5 was a satisfying character because she had made a life for herself. Now in season 6 they are back to her going back to what she has lost and what it could have been. At some point Eve needs to catch a break. To have the person that has caused all the chaos and confusion end up with a happy life. Yet the character that has looked out for others ends up feeling loss and broken makes for a unbalanced story.

I am glad Adalind changed and found someone to settle down with. It just feels uncomfortable for Juliette / Eve to be the loser. People want to make Juliette the bad guy for being involved with Kelly's death. That and the trailer fire I see as a response to being very angry and wanting revenge. People understand Adalind wanting revenge for the group taking Diana. But that is and action that can and has been corrected. What happened to Juliette can not be corrected, and it completely changed her life. She can not just ignore it. The way Adalind learned to ignore not having Diana. To me Adalind selling her child for personal reasons is far worse then anything Juliette has done. At the same time Juliette becoming Adalind to get Nick his powers back. Is a bigger sacrifice then anything Adalind has done.
i second with what you said. I also see that Nick and Adalind relationship is valid to some extent. its just that how bitterly the relation has ended between Juliet and Nick. I see Juliette being Hexabiest for the first time (having more power than natural born Hexabiest) has lost the ability to think difference between good/bad and couldnt control Evil in her in a better way. From how her character portrayed from the start, I am sure that if she hadn't become Hexabiest she wouldnt have done anything what she has done to Nick and his mother. what i feel bad is that every other character (including Nick) is putting the blame on Juliette and the character who is the root cause of all most all issues (including this one) is happily enjoying a family life.

Adalind is not the root cause of many of these issues. Sean was the person making decisions behind the scenes that often cause issues for both Juliette and Adalind. Again, why do we compare only the same two women when both have been misled by Sean. That is why these women have put these issues aside and are working as a team and I am so proud of them both.
(03-01-2017, 08:57 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think the writers had planned for Nick and Adalind to be together romantically by the end of season 4. The reason why Kelly became Nick's kid was because Claire was pregnant and they decide to write it into the story. So I don't think they had plans to make Adalind look good and Juliette look bad.
Most probably it's while they were drafting S5 in the writer's room did the idea of a Nick and Adalind coupling coming up. I can say that had nothing to do with Juliette because as far as everyone was concerned she was 'dead'. And how would making Adalind look good affect an absent character.
I think they just had no idea where to take Juliette's character next or what to do with her and then they made her go dark.
They brought her back to the 'good side' in the form of Eve and she was more confident and empowered than we'd ever seen her. She was shinning on her without being Nick's prop so how is that an injustice?
Unless you mean by not getting the guy and the baby it was an injustice?
Adalind's journey was never about getting the guy, it was more about atonement, being on the good side for a change and raising both her kids the right way. It just so happened she started something with Nick but to make it all about her relationship would be missing the point. I don't find anything wrong with making a former evil character good or vice versa, it happens all the time on TV. It's about character development and adding more layers to the characters.

Injustice in the sense though they brought Eve's character, that same character is portrayed to be missing Nick as her boyfriend. This has been showcased in couple of occasions already. character development in each season is fine but it would have been good if Juliette's character ended with all the support and understanding she deserved from other characters. She sacrificed herself to help Nick and became Hexabiest. After that, i dont see it was her choice to do anything which she did (all the bad that has happend). Evil in her has dominated her true self. at the end as all we saw its Juliette who was suffering so much inside and is dead. this is what i meant by injustice.
(03-01-2017, 09:22 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Juliette had her entire life obliterated so that Adalind would look much more appealing to Nick.

Eve/Juliette seems to have her emotions under control and no one in her family or childhood friends has been hurt. Why is Eve/Juliette still with the scooby team? The show seems to want her obsessed with cloth. Does that make sense to you?

(03-01-2017, 09:55 AM)bj123 Wrote: [ -> ]Injustice in the sense though they brought Eve's character, that same character is portrayed to be missing Nick as her boyfriend. This has been showcased in couple of occasions already. character development in each season is fine but it would have been good if Juliette's character ended with all the support and understanding she deserved from other characters. She sacrificed herself to help Nick and became Hexabiest. After that, i dont see it was her choice to do anything which she did (all the bad that has happend). Evil in her has dominated her true self. at the end as all we saw its Juliette who was suffering so much inside and is dead. this is what i meant by injustice.

In season 6, Eve/Juliette is under control, yet she can access her emotions and not showing any signs of wanting to date Nick. Evil is not controlling her and she is free to make her own choices. That is why I am so proud of how far Eve/Juliette has gone and I am expecting her stay on this path and talk more about what happen to her in season 4 in the next few shows. Juliette is the person that would best know what happen to her.

I sorry B123 that you do not like Juliette the last 2 seasons but I hope you can allow yourself to like her again soon.

I am a big fan of both Elizabeth Tulloch and Claire Coffee who are great friends and people.
(03-01-2017, 09:56 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2017, 09:22 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Juliette had her entire life obliterated so that Adalind would look much more appealing to Nick.

Eve/Juliette seems to have her emotions under control and no one in her family or childhood friends has been hurt. Why is Eve/Juliette still with the scooby team? The show seems to want her obsessed with cloth. Does that make sense to you?

I'm not talking about one or two specific events, Mary, nor am I saying Adalind is better than Eve. What I am saying is the series has done a serious injustice to Juliette's character.
(03-01-2017, 10:11 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2017, 09:56 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not talking about one or two specific events, Mary, nor am I saying Adalind is better than Eve. What I am saying is the series has done a serious injustice to Juliette's character.

I agree that in season 4 a large number fans where unhappy with what happen to Juliette and during that season is the largest drop in ratings by far. My question is do you see as what they are doing to Juliette in season 6 as a path to fixing some of these issues.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44