Grimm Forum

Full Version: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
I didn't know people actually shipped Nick and Adalind as far back as S1. Adalind was the more popular one to Juliette mostly due to fans claiming Bitsie was wooden and couldn't act and her character was perceived as too cold towards the "hero" of the show even though they both claimed to love each other. I have read people say they shipped Nick with anyone but Juliette. I personally remember wanting him with the crazy muse (however temporary) so I wouldn't watch the umpteenth failed attempts to make Nick and Juliette "happen". There were no exact numbers but it was apparent that relationship was frowned upon by many.
(03-02-2017, 11:44 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 11:43 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 11:37 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 11:33 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 11:24 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]On the contrary, New Guy, Juliette's response shows a great deal of regard for the sanctity of marriage. She's telling Nick that honesty should be a condition of their marriage. She is right. There should be no secrets between them.

She also said someday to marriage like they were on the path to marriage. Do you feel uncomfortable with counseling? IMO they were not on the path for marriage or a friendly split without intervention.

Depends on the counseling, Mary. In the case of Nick and Juliette, should Juliette go to counseling if things haven't changed between her and Nick? I may be interpreting your posts incorrectly, but you seem to be implying that Nick changed his ways and was open with Juliette. It's Juliette who's not budging. Is that your meaning?

No. that is not it. Nick was not open with either Juliette or Adalind but Adalind acts like that is normal in her world.

I meant marriage counseling could have make them see they could not work out and split on good terms since Nick will not be open up to any women.

It'd be interesting to see if Nick would even attend counseling.

I agree with you. If he did not, IMO that would have been big red flag saying she should leave him. I would hope he would understand that they will never marry until he fixed the problem.
Don't you wonder why Adalind has never picked Juliette/Eve's brain about Nick?
(03-02-2017, 11:56 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Don't you wonder why Adalind has never picked Juliette/Eve's brain about Nick?

Like swapping notes?
(03-02-2017, 11:56 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Don't you wonder why Adalind has never picked Juliette/Eve's brain about Nick?
That would have been highly inappropriate. I don't ever want to see these two swapping notes on Nick, eww.

I am hoping to see that in Blood Magic since it's been suggested that Adalind and Eve spent a lot time working together.
(03-02-2017, 11:24 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 11:10 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]If Juliette said yes it would have given her character reason to exist. Her no was evidence that the writers have little regard for marriage, family and children. N G

On the contrary, New Guy, Juliette's response shows a great deal of regard for the sanctity of marriage. She's telling Nick that honesty should be a condition of their marriage. She is right. There should be no secrets between them.
Hi Iruk,
Their arrangement was to "live in sin."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_in_Sin
If the writers had any regard for marriage, the lead character would not be shacked up with a FWB. Nick and Juliette are both clueless about commitment and marriage. The vow is "to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." IMO neither of them have the courage and conviction to fulfill the vow. That is prevalent in society today:
http://www.apa.org/topics/divorce/
What is the "secret" Juliette used as her reason to be a FWB but not a wife?
Did you watch the PBS series about John Adams? Was their marriage 100% free of secrets? In 54 years, no secrets?
Many believe MonRosalee is a strong marriage. Are there no secrets such as Tony?
Some things are best left buried in the past.
N G
(03-02-2017, 12:08 PM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Their arrangement was to "live in sin."
If the writers had any regard for marriage, the lead character would not be shacked up with a FWB. Nick and Juliette are both clueless about commitment and marriage. The vow is "to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." IMO neither of them have the courage and conviction to fulfill the vow. That is prevalent in society today:

Hey New Guy,
You do have a point about Juliette and Nick living in sin. But that is contingent upon one or both of them being brought up in a belief that it is a sin to live together. Neither of them seems to belong to any denomination. In fact, Nick poked a bit of fun at the tent revival episode. So, for the purposes of this discussion, they could live together and Juliette was indeed right to put honesty as a condition of their marriage.

(03-02-2017, 12:08 PM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Did you watch the PBS series about John Adams? Was their marriage 100% free of secrets? In 54 years, no secrets?
Many believe MonRosalee is a strong marriage. Are there no secrets such as Tony?
N G

I have not seen John Adams, New Guy, and I really can't comment on secrets that should be kept secrets, regardless or secrets that should be revealed. What I think is important here is that Juliette had doubts about Nick's honesty and she did the right thing in confronting him about it prior to putting his ring on her finger.

(03-02-2017, 12:03 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
That would have been highly inappropriate. I don't ever want to see these two swapping notes on Nick, eww.

Ever since I watched Nick tell Monroe he had sex with Adalind, I'm thinking it's all fair game now.
(03-02-2017, 12:18 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 12:08 PM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Their arrangement was to "live in sin."

Hey New Guy,
You do have a point about Juliette and Nick living in sin. But that is contingent upon one or both of them being brought up in a belief that it is a sin to live together. Neither of them seems to belong to any denomination. In fact, Nick poked a bit of fun at the tent revival episode. So, for the purposes of this discussion, they could live together and Juliette was indeed right to put honesty as a condition of their marriage.

(03-02-2017, 12:08 PM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Did you watch the PBS series about John Adams? Was their marriage 100% free of secrets? In 54 years, no secrets?
N G

I have not seen John Adams, New Guy, and I really can't comment on secrets that should be kept secrets, regardless or secrets that should be revealed. What I think is important here is that Juliette had doubts about Nick's honesty and she did the right thing in confronting him about it prior to putting his ring on her finger.

Ever since I watched Nick tell Monroe he had sex with Adalind, I'm thinking it's all fair game now.
But Monroe didn't have sex with Adalind. There are some topics that certain people should never engage in, like the subject of a common sex partner. As far as I know Nick and Hank have never had that particularly locker room talk. Nick and Sean certainly came close but they were antagonistic towards each other so it doesn't count.
(03-02-2017, 12:27 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2017, 12:18 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey New Guy,

N G

But Monroe didn't have sex with Adalind. There are some topics that certain people should never engage in, like the subject of a common sex partner. As far as I know Nick and Hank have never had that particularly locker room talk. Nick and Sean certainly came close but they were antagonistic towards each other so it doesn't count.

Nick asked Hank if he and Suri slept together after their first date.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44