Grimm Forum

Full Version: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Quote:There was nothing dumb about how Adalind used Hank to get Nick to bring her the key. The only dumb part was biting his lib. She know Nick could not kill her or it would kill Hank. She never expected Sean to protected her from Nick. until face off Nick was not even suppose to knew Sean knew Adalind.
I wasn’t referring to the mechanics of her method. I was referring to her naïve belief that Renard would stand by her once the spell ran it’s course. Renard calculated every move to ensure he’d get the key while his identity remained hidden. And despite his obvious intentions, Adalind clung to his empty words rather than face the reality that he was using her.

Quote:At no time has Adalind ever been afraid of Nick. Even during the fight Adalind was holding her own against Nick. Even when he pinned her down Adalind was playing with him.
I haven’t watched their fight scene since it aired, but I remember Adalind getting her whiny ass kicked by a novice Grimm then crying all the way home.

Quote:How was Adalind dumb going after Juliette. She had no idea the Juliette was a hexenbiest. What was dumb was once Juliette threw Adalind across the room, for Adalind to continue to fight.
You’re referring to S4, I was referencing the cat-scratch spell after Nick killed Adalind’s Hexenbiest. At that point, Adalind had zero reasons to protect Renard and every reason to protect her own best interest. But naïve and immature, Adalind never betrayed Renard and only made things worse for herself.

Quote:There is no way she would go after Sean. No matter how much Sean hates his family he has their protection. After face off Nick was off limits.
That Adalind can’t manage covering her tracks in order to take out Renard or at least hurt him, shows that she’s naïve, immature, and unable to take charge of her life. Adalind accomplished the cat-scratch spell without her Hexenbiest. There’s no reason to assume she couldn’t repeat the love spell without her Hexenbiest. She could have found a random stranger, completed the spell, and sent him to gun down Renard.

But she didn’t do anything to eliminate the person responsible for her predicament. Instead, she ran to the Royals. Naïve, immature, unable to take charge of her life, and sadly, the dumb blonde stereotype. And nothing's really changed. Adalind is as content to blindly follow Nick as she was Renard.
(03-05-2017, 06:44 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind is as content to blindly follow Nick as she was Renard.

Perfect! You are right.
Quote:RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm
Quote:
There was nothing dumb about how Adalind used Hank to get Nick to bring her the key. The only dumb part was biting his lib. She know Nick could not kill her or it would kill Hank. She never expected Sean to protected her from Nick. until face off Nick was not even suppose to knew Sean knew Adalind.
I wasn’t referring to the mechanics of her method. I was referring to her naïve belief that Renard would stand by her once the spell ran it’s course. Renard calculated every move to ensure he’d get the key while his identity remained hidden. And despite his obvious intentions, Adalind clung to his empty words rather than face the reality that he was using her.

Quote:
At no time has Adalind ever been afraid of Nick. Even during the fight Adalind was holding her own against Nick. Even when he pinned her down Adalind was playing with him.
I haven’t watched their fight scene since it aired, but I remember Adalind getting her whiny ass kicked by a novice Grimm then crying all the way home.

Quote:
How was Adalind dumb going after Juliette. She had no idea the Juliette was a hexenbiest. What was dumb was once Juliette threw Adalind across the room, for Adalind to continue to fight.
You’re referring to S4, I was referencing the cat-scratch spell after Nick killed Adalind’s Hexenbiest. At that point, Adalind had zero reasons to protect Renard and every reason to protect her own best interest. But naïve and immature, Adalind never betrayed Renard and only made things worse for herself.

Quote:
There is no way she would go after Sean. No matter how much Sean hates his family he has their protection. After face off Nick was off limits.
That Adalind can’t manage covering her tracks in order to take out Renard or at least hurt him, shows that she’s naïve, immature, and unable to take charge of her life. Adalind accomplished the cat-scratch spell without her Hexenbiest. There’s no reason to assume she couldn’t repeat the love spell without her Hexenbiest. She could have found a random stranger, completed the spell, and sent him to gun down Renard.

But she didn’t do anything to eliminate the person responsible for her predicament. Instead, she ran to the Royals. Naïve, immature, unable to take charge of her life, and sadly, the dumb blonde stereotype. And nothing's really changed. Adalind is as content to blindly follow Nick as she was Renard.

All of these responses make sense if Adalind was not a hexenbiest. Hexenbiest are easy to understand. Upset one most likely they will take it out on the first person they see. As for going after the keys. Adalind was not trying to make Sean happy. she was going for the credit of getting the keys. The same as when she went after the keys for Eric. Hexenbiest do not try and please people. They are to self centered. Remember Adalind and her mothers conversation about vanity.
(03-05-2017, 07:22 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]All of these responses make sense if Adalind was not a hexenbiest. Hexenbiest are easy to understand. Upset one most likely they will take it out on the first person they see. As for going after the keys. Adalind was not trying to make Sean happy. she was going for the credit of getting the keys. The same as when she went after the keys for Eric. Hexenbiest do not try and please people. They are to self centered. Remember Adalind and her mothers conversation about vanity.

Adalind was trying to help her mother. Hexenbiests can be very loyal so she was trying to help her mom and Renard in S1 but they rejected her.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Hexenbiest
extremely loyal creatures, but they are only loyal to whomever they serve

IMO Adalind now is very loyal to Nick and changed her clothes and behavior to match what Nick wanted like the Perfect Mate in Star Trek (see below). Nick does not want Adalind to ask him questions. Adalind does not ask for flowers or dates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Perfect_Mate
(03-05-2017, 07:22 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]All of these responses make sense if Adalind was not a hexenbiest. Hexenbiest are easy to understand. Upset one most likely they will take it out on the first person they see. As for going after the keys. Adalind was not trying to make Sean happy. she was going for the credit of getting the keys. The same as when she went after the keys for Eric. Hexenbiest do not try and please people. They are to self centered. Remember Adalind and her mothers conversation about vanity.
If Adalind isn't like that in S5 and S6, then it's possible for a Hexenbiest to go against instinct. It's one thing for Adalind to work with Renard for personal gain, it's entirely another that she continued to protect his identity after he clearly abandoned and betrayed her.

Since Adalind purposely targeted Juliette to hurt Nick the most, the idea that she would be content to vent her anger on the first person she saw doesn't work. She went after Nick because of blind anger, but if she was smart she'd have gone after Renard too and covered her tracks. Adalind has never been portrayed as having that level of intelligence or common sense. Adalind has always followed someone else's direction. She did it with Renard and she's doing it with Nick now. She might have turned away from her old ways/lifestyle, but she isn't anymore in charge of her life than she was in S1 with Renard.
(03-05-2017, 07:56 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind has always followed someone else's direction. She did it with Renard and she's doing it with Nick now. She might have turned away from her old ways/lifestyle, but she isn't anymore in charge of her life than she was in S1 with Renard.

Exactly.
(03-04-2017, 06:27 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]G & K seem to go out of their way to prevent Nick and Renard from being called out for their actions.

They go out of their way to prevent ANYONE from being called out for their actions.

I mean, for crying out loud: Juliette burns down the trailer, makes Nick almost shoot Monroe in cold blood, gets several of Nick's neighbors slaughtered, allows his mother to be decapitated, and then has the BALLS to pretend she's a completely different person the next time she meets him? To cap things off, G & K force the rest of the characters to go along with this idiocy as if being an ACCESSORY TO MURDER is easily forgiven?

Couple this with Nick hunkering down with his former rapist, and you have all the reason you need for why the ratings tanked as hard as they did.
(03-05-2017, 07:59 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2017, 07:56 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind has always followed someone else's direction. She did it with Renard and she's doing it with Nick now. She might have turned away from her old ways/lifestyle, but she isn't anymore in charge of her life than she was in S1 with Renard.

Exactly.
Hexenbiests are extremely loyal based on character profiles. Adalind went from being loyal to Renard to being loyal to Nick, her dependency of character hasn't changed just because the object of that loyalty has. It was going through changes within herself that helped swing her from the one to the other beginning with motherhood. Nick has gone further to affirm her position in his life than Renard ever did making it easier for her to stick by Nick even when her conditions are worse off than when she's with Renard. And it helps that Nick has a savior complex that is stroked easily by Adalind's own nature (not her hexenbiest nature).
(03-05-2017, 08:05 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]They go out of their way to prevent ANYONE from being called out for their actions.
True. And this free pass system makes it difficult to discuss only one character & one event without bringing other characters & events into the debate.

Your assessment of Adalind as a rapist is a prime example. Did Adalind rape Nick for revenge? Or did Adalind prostitute herself in order to gain access to her baby who had been kidnapped? It all depends on who’s getting a free pass and who’s not. Juliette definitely took a nosedive to the dark side, but did she get the level of understanding and support the group would have given to Nick in that predicament? Again, it all depends on who gets a free pass and who doesn’t.

My reference to Nick and Renard was more about the male characters being treated differently from the female characters. All the blame would have been put on Adalind had Hank died in S1. Renard wouldn’t likely have suffered any repercussions despite being the mastermind. He admitted his attempt on Marie’s life then immediately became Nick’s ally. Boys will be boys.

And for me, the worst is the female characters changing identities then having sex. Nick had sex with Juliette and Adalind as each other and as themselves. Eve became Renard and had sex with Rachael. But for some reason, the males characters haven’t changed into a female identity and had sex with another male. Wonder why that is?

(03-05-2017, 08:10 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]Hexenbiests are extremely loyal based on character profiles. Adalind went from being loyal to Renard to being loyal to Nick, her dependency of character hasn't changed just because the object of that loyalty has. It was going through changes within herself that helped swing her from the one to the other beginning with motherhood. Nick has gone further to affirm her position in his life than Renard ever did making it easier for her to stick by Nick even when her conditions are worse off than when she's with Renard. And it helps that Nick has a savior complex that is stroked easily by Adalind's own nature (not her hexenbiest nature).
What little I’ve seen and read about Elizabeth and Henrietta doesn’t fit this profile. I didn’t get the impression Elizabeth was blindly loyal to anyone, or loyal to any degree, if it went against her best interest. And Henrietta could have made every man on the show her bitch.

So why is it so obviously different for Adalind, Juliette, and Eve, other than they personally interact with the male lead?
(03-05-2017, 09:14 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]And for me, the worst is the female characters changing identities then having sex.

The absolute worst example of this was the nonsense about Eve having to change into Renard's form so she could doing her spy work. Not to be outdone, the creative team then led the audience to the ultimate ew issue.....Eve now has to have sex with Rachel.

Grimm's treatment of women is really something. I find it interesting that while around Renard, Adalind is allowed to be a woman. She dresses quite nicely. I loved that gray peignoir she wore. She takes her kids to the park, even talks shop with Renard about schools for Diana. She's smart and witty. But she's not with Renard.

When she gets back to Nick though, she's more of the frumpy housewife and dumbed down. There is no talk of Kelly's future, and she's relegated to helping Eve and Rosalee.

Eve/Juliette has been completely masculinized, in my opinion. I never cared for Juliette's wardrobe in comparison to what Bitsie herself wears. When she was soldiered into Eve, she was really made masculine, in my opinion. Eve's smart, but she's masculinized.

I have to say I've never cared for Rosalee's wardrobe either. There's nothing about it that makes her more appealing as a woman, in my opinion. I think it goes along the same line. She's smart, and while somewhat portrayed as more feminine, she's not as feminine as she could be, in my opinion. She can't because that would detract from Monroe.

Sometimes it seems the overall message of Grimm is it's great to be a man, so great the women wish they could be men too. Makes me wonder if Diana's ultimate prophecy is to become male.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44