Grimm Forum

Full Version: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
(03-05-2017, 09:38 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2017, 09:14 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]And for me, the worst is the female characters changing identities then having sex.

The absolute worst example of this was the nonsense about Eve having to change into Renard's form so she could doing her spy work. Not to be outdone, the creative team then led the audience to the ultimate ew issue.....Eve now has to have sex with Rachel.

Grimm's treatment of women is really something. I find it interesting that while around Renard, Adalind is allowed to be a woman. She dresses quite nicely. I loved that gray peignoir she wore. She takes her kids to the park, even talks shop with Renard about schools for Diana. She's smart and witty. But she's not with Renard.

When she gets back to Nick though, she's more of the frumpy housewife and dumbed down. There is no talk of Kelly's future, and she's relegated to helping Eve and Rosalee.

Eve/Juliette has been completely masculinized, in my opinion. I never cared for Juliette's wardrobe in comparison to what Bitsie herself wears. When she was soldiered into Eve, she was really made masculine, in my opinion. Eve's smart, but she's masculinized.

I have to say I've never cared for Rosalee's wardrobe either. There's nothing about it that makes her more appealing as a woman, in my opinion. I think it goes along the same line. She's smart, and while somewhat portrayed as more feminine, she's not as feminine as she could be, in my opinion. She can't because that would detract from Monroe.

Sometimes it seems the overall message of Grimm is it's great to be a man, so great the women wish they could be men too. Makes me wonder if Diana's ultimate prophecy is to become male.

That quite a sexist thing to say.
(03-06-2017, 01:36 AM)bart Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2017, 09:38 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2017, 09:14 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]And for me, the worst is the female characters changing identities then having sex.

The absolute worst example of this was the nonsense about Eve having to change into Renard's form so she could doing her spy work. Not to be outdone, the creative team then led the audience to the ultimate ew issue.....Eve now has to have sex with Rachel.

Grimm's treatment of women is really something. I find it interesting that while around Renard, Adalind is allowed to be a woman. She dresses quite nicely. I loved that gray peignoir she wore. She takes her kids to the park, even talks shop with Renard about schools for Diana. She's smart and witty. But she's not with Renard.

When she gets back to Nick though, she's more of the frumpy housewife and dumbed down. There is no talk of Kelly's future, and she's relegated to helping Eve and Rosalee.

Eve/Juliette has been completely masculinized, in my opinion. I never cared for Juliette's wardrobe in comparison to what Bitsie herself wears. When she was soldiered into Eve, she was really made masculine, in my opinion. Eve's smart, but she's masculinized.

I have to say I've never cared for Rosalee's wardrobe either. There's nothing about it that makes her more appealing as a woman, in my opinion. I think it goes along the same line. She's smart, and while somewhat portrayed as more feminine, she's not as feminine as she could be, in my opinion. She can't because that would detract from Monroe.

Sometimes it seems the overall message of Grimm is it's great to be a man, so great the women wish they could be men too. Makes me wonder if Diana's ultimate prophecy is to become male.

That quite a sexist thing to say.
Yes it is.
(03-05-2017, 09:38 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I have to say I've never cared for Rosalee's wardrobe either. There's nothing about it that makes her more appealing as a woman, in my opinion. I think it goes along the same line. She's smart, and while somewhat portrayed as more feminine, she's not as feminine as she could be, in my opinion.

LOL. Trust me on this, from the male pig perspective Rosalee is totally a hottie. That woman could bring wood to a granite statue. There is nothing sexier than a woman with a big IQ. The challenge for a man is how you go about reducing a brilliant woman into a state of babbling incoherence.

Rosalee doesn't need her wardrobe to amplify her feminine appeal, she merely needs to speak her mind. Grrrrrrrr...
New Guy quote the entire statement and be accurate as to what was said.
"GREENWALT | A long time… But to keep my word, [Juliette] is dead. She’s coming back, but it’s not really Juliette anymore. It’s this new character, Eve, who has not been brainwashed exactly, but she’s been through some incredibly tough training where they broke her down to nothing."
It has never been a question Juliette is dead. Like Greenwalt said she was put though some incredibly tough training and now she identifies as Eve. If you watch any of the military movies. Each member gets a call sign. It is the only thing they go by. They all identify as their given name something that was part of their old life. You have the same thing with entertainers. A lot have even gone as far as having their name changed legally. Yet no one see's that as they are trying to escape responsibility for their past actions. When it comes to past dead, rappers have built their brand based on some really violent acts.
There are some many real life examples of people doing what Juliette did to become Eve their is nothing unique about it. That is why it makes me wonder why you find it so strange.

You have to consider the show is set in the north west. And the dress reflects Oregon. You are not going to see a lot of sexy outfits up their.
Eve and Trubel both presented a character that showed a lack of personal interest. I will agree season 6 is the first time that Eve has showed any sense of self. She actually stated she needed her own space that is why she is moving out. She also stated she did not feel she belonged before Adalind invited her to stay.

I am not sure how anyone would find her dominatrix outfit a masculine choice. Especially the times she wore it with the high heel boots.
I also do not see Eve following Nick's lead. The whole time she has been taking the lead on figuring out the symbols. Even though Rosalee has been providing most of the answers.
(03-06-2017, 02:25 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]New Guy quote the entire statement and be accurate as to what was said.
"GREENWALT | A long time… But to keep my word, [Juliette] is dead. She’s coming back, but it’s not really Juliette anymore. It’s this new character, Eve, who has not been brainwashed exactly, but she’s been through some incredibly tough training where they broke her down to nothing."
So where does Greenwalt recant her actual death and say it was a metaphorical death? He makes it clear that Juliette is dead.
IMO, G&K like to play with death and since they continue to confirm Juliette died and that the character in season 6 is FrankenEve. That is why Greenwalt emphasizes "But to keep my word" when he again confirms " [Juliette] is dead." No metaphor.
N G
New Guy this can not be done to a dead body
"She’s coming back, but it’s not really Juliette anymore. It’s this new character, Eve, who has not been brainwashed exactly, but she’s been through some incredibly tough training where they broke her down to nothing."
When Elizabeth brought Sean back he was still Sean. The point is the personality that was Juliette is dead. By definition that is a
Quote:metaphor.
noun
a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
The body did not die. That is why Juliette is dead is a metaphor. Because it is not literal.
(03-06-2017, 02:05 AM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]LOL. Trust me on this, from the male pig perspective Rosalee is totally a hottie. That woman could bring wood to a granite statue. There is nothing sexier than a woman with a big IQ. The challenge for a man is how you go about reducing a brilliant woman into a state of babbling incoherence.

Rosalee doesn't need her wardrobe to amplify her feminine appeal, she merely needs to speak her mind. Grrrrrrrr...

But here's the thing, izzy, and I am only speaking for myself here. I like to see women dress well. I don't mean the most tailored clothes or the perfect wardrobe. I just mean well. For you, Rosalee comes off as a hottie. For me, she looks too casual. That's great when she's romping around in the forest with Monroe, doing errands for Nick.

But she also runs a spice shop where she deals with customers on a daily basis. When I go shopping for something specific I want a person who knows their craft, but I also want them to dress the part as well.

Rosalee shouldn't look like she's ready to run an errand in the forrest for Nick............everyday 24/7.
You know some guys like the casual look. Rosalee works in a spice shop. Her earthy look is perfect for that.
(03-06-2017, 06:00 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]You know some guys like the casual look. Rosalee works in a spice shop. Her earthy look is perfect for that.

No offense meant, but that's like saying a home gardener is perfect in a florist shop.

Even the cops don't dress accordingly. Wu wears a uniform. When have you seen Nick and Hank in uniform lately? Or for that matter, when have you ever seen either of them wear suits?
Nick and Hank are detectives. Wu is not. Wu is still a uniformed officer. Detectives do not always ware suits. I live in Los Angeles. blue jeans are very common.
Rosalee dresses exactly like someone that works in say something like the bodhi tree book store in los angeles
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt49rvcDUP1-sGy9R0Pp_...3481KwhFQJ]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44