Grimm Forum

Full Version: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Ugh! again that topic. I still dislike it. And I really like both Juliette and Adalind not sure how often I have write that already. Not that I dislike Adalind but I prefer Juliette/Eve or whatever you want to call her now. Both character are great.

I'm not sure what to say. But I think it's mean towards Juliette that Adalind get Nick! No matter what - As Juliette has transformed into a Hexenbiest Nick turned away in disgust and Adalind (is guilty that that has happened to Juliette and also Adalind is partly responsible for everything that happened. Not just Juliette. ) and Adalind is also a Hexenbiest and Nick accept it -.- and everything is like: Peace, Joy and Pancakes.

I don't want to start a discussion. I just want to say my opinion on the topic again. And as I say I like both Juliette or Adalind Smile
(03-10-2017, 12:42 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Poor, pitiful Nick. He's the one that I get really tired of hearing about.
Hi Iruk,
Not to worry. Come April we can all celebrate Grimm Fools Day. Big Grin
[Image: april-fools-day-meme.jpg?253305]
He just might be the skull guy! Tongue
N G
Quote:I think sometimes Juliette has made her own story I am sitting here just filled with nastalgia for more Grimm and I watched some of season 4 when Juliette told Nick she was a Hexenbiest then I starting watching season 5 where Adalind told him she was again a hexenbiest and the differences in all of it. I do realize there is a very big difference in the circumstances of each but granted Nick knew Adalind was a hexenbiest all along but he still had a healthy sex life with her even though she had no clue he knew she had already turned back. When she confessed to it she did it a more gentile way maybe because of her fear of losing him whereas Juliette didn't even give him a chance to become acclimated to her.
I do understand that this going to start this all over again it's just that I'm a little tired of the poor poor Juliette story sometimes it's just you reap what you sow again most of us agree that she just didn't really want to accept the help offered to her or even give Nick a chance.
I know I'm going to be so sorry for starting this again but I have a bumper sticker on my car that says it all about me "knowing better has never stopped me".

It has been talked to death, hasn’t it? I’m going to steer the debate away from Juliette vs. Adalind to how the two events speak of Nick.

For me, that was one of the few scenes that expressed Nick had learned from experience. If he’d at least tried to be as understanding with Juliette, things might have turned out differently for them. And that’s what I prefer to believe motivated Nick to have a more controlled and mature reaction. And although Nick assured Adalind her Hexenbiest wouldn’t be problem, he made it clear that his assurance was based on what was best for their son, not any assumed love/intimacy between them.
(03-10-2017, 05:02 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]And although Nick assured Adalind her Hexenbiest wouldn’t be problem, he made it clear that his assurance was based on what was best for their son,
And he was right to do so.
(03-10-2017, 05:08 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2017, 05:02 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]And although Nick assured Adalind her Hexenbiest wouldn’t be problem, he made it clear that his assurance was based on what was best for their son,
Absolutely. And the show really messed up any opportunity for an interesting and entertaining Nick/Adalind dynamic. Nick & Adalind getting cozy much too soon, Adalind falling head over heels in love with Nick, followed by Nick’s sudden & inexplicable distrust of Adalind was convoluted & confusing.

As much as Adalind preferred to remain Hexenbiest free, they should have been relieved when her powers returned because it added an additional layer of protection against that supposed big BC threat. And if the show had the characters focused on the big threat and keeping their son safe, there wouldn’t have been time for all the woe-is-me relationship drama.
(03-10-2017, 05:02 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I think sometimes Juliette has made her own story I am sitting here just filled with nastalgia for more Grimm and I watched some of season 4 when Juliette told Nick she was a Hexenbiest then I starting watching season 5 where Adalind told him she was again a hexenbiest and the differences in all of it. I do realize there is a very big difference in the circumstances of each but granted Nick knew Adalind was a hexenbiest all along but he still had a healthy sex life with her even though she had no clue he knew she had already turned back. When she confessed to it she did it a more gentile way maybe because of her fear of losing him whereas Juliette didn't even give him a chance to become acclimated to her.
I do understand that this going to start this all over again it's just that I'm a little tired of the poor poor Juliette story sometimes it's just you reap what you sow again most of us agree that she just didn't really want to accept the help offered to her or even give Nick a chance.
I know I'm going to be so sorry for starting this again but I have a bumper sticker on my car that says it all about me "knowing better has never stopped me".

It has been talked to death, hasn’t it? I’m going to steer the debate away from Juliette vs. Adalind to how the two events speak of Nick.

For me, that was one of the few scenes that expressed Nick had learned from experience. If he’d at least tried to be as understanding with Juliette, things might have turned out differently for them. And that’s what I prefer to believe motivated Nick to have a more controlled and mature reaction. And although Nick assured Adalind her Hexenbiest wouldn’t be problem, he made it clear that his assurance was based on what was best for their son, not any assumed love/intimacy between them.

I actually agreed with so much you said until the part about how he didn't try to understand Juliette? Im just not sure what he was expected to do we all saw how she just left him and didn't really give him a chance even in the episode Blind Love "he said I didnt leave her". She wanted him to kiss her which if you really look at her at that time was actually physically impossible because she didn't have lips sorry just a little humor. Since she was gone when he came home after seeing Henrietta not sure what more he could have done.
(03-10-2017, 05:25 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2017, 05:08 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
Absolutely. And the show really messed up any opportunity for an interesting and entertaining Nick/Adalind dynamic. Nick & Adalind getting cozy much too soon, Adalind falling head over heels in love with Nick, followed by Nick’s sudden & inexplicable distrust of Adalind was convoluted & confusing.

As much as Adalind preferred to remain Hexenbiest free, they should have been relieved when her powers returned because it added an additional layer of protection against that supposed big BC threat. And if the show had the characters focused on the big threat and keeping their son safe, there wouldn’t have been time for all the woe-is-me relationship drama.
So much this! The last two seasons will be characterised with missed opportunity for a better outcome, whether it's Nick and Adalind it's BC and the uprising (the mayoral arc is my second worst storyline after the amnesia nonsense from S2).
(03-10-2017, 05:28 PM)Kwu9888 Wrote: [ -> ]I actually agreed with so much you said until the part about how he didn't try to understand Juliette? Im just not sure what he was expected to do we all saw how she just left him and didn't really give him a chance even in the episode Blind Love "he said I didnt leave her". She wanted him to kiss her which if you really look at her at that time was actually physically impossible because she didn't have lips sorry just a little humor. Since she was gone when he came home after seeing Henrietta not sure what more he could have done.

I wasn't giving my opinion of how Nick reacted to Juliette, but that he probably questioned himself - that if he'd handled it differently things might have worked out for them. And that uncertainty helped him take a calmer approach to his situation with Adalind.
(03-10-2017, 05:49 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't giving my opinion of how Nick reacted to Juliette, but that he probably questioned himself - that if he'd handled it differently things might have worked out for them. And that uncertainty helped him take a calmer approach to his situation with Adalind.

That's why I didn't agree with the posters who said Nick was a hypocrite for handling Adalind's Hexenbiest different from Juliette's. I assumed he handled Adalind the way he did because of Juliette. Nick knew what not to do this time in terms of his reaction so I viewed that as a moment of growth rather than hypocrisy or Adalind getting better treatment than Juliette just because she's Adalind.
I think in that moment, Nick could not have reacted differently. She sprung the whole "I'm a hexenbiest" so suddenly he went on defense mode and pulled his gun out. Nick was always going to get the initial reaction wrong and everything escalated from there. Some of the differences between finding out his girlfriends are hexenbiests were that he Rosalee talked him down after his initial angry reaction when finding out Adalind's powers were back. He already knew Adalind was a hexenbiestnl naturally. He wasn't truly committed to Adalind and they had a son together. Adalind was very submission towards him and was more desperate to hang on to him than a seething Juliette, who tragically had none of the above mentioned points to help her, that and the fact that Nick had already learnt from his mistake with Juliette and seemed to apply that lesson with Adalind. He wanted her to trust him enough to be open about her powers and by then he was over the whole hexenbiest thing.

(03-10-2017, 06:02 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2017, 05:49 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't giving my opinion of how Nick reacted to Juliette, but that he probably questioned himself - that if he'd handled it differently things might have worked out for them. And that uncertainty helped him take a calmer approach to his situation with Adalind.

That's why I didn't agree with the posters who said Nick was a hypocrite for handling Adalind's Hexenbiest different from Juliette's. I assumed he handled Adalind the way he did because of Juliette. Nick knew what not to do this time in terms of his reaction so I viewed that as a moment of growth rather than hypocrisy or Adalind getting better treatment than Juliette just because she's Adalind.
I agree with this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44