Grimm Forum

Full Version: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
(03-03-2017, 07:45 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 07:37 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 07:31 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 07:25 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 06:08 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Iruk,
I agree. Wink The "Brains" could have been NBC, G&K, or another source that expected the "overhaul" would be an improvement. The decision destroyed the character. Her brief time as Nick's nemesis provided some tense drama and in the Grimm world demanded her death. When the show killed her off it was time to move on without her. The huge error was to bring her back as FrankenEve, the Wooden Woman. Angry
N G

They never really killed her though, New Guy. Personally, I thought the whole Kelly betrayal thing was lame for a hexenbiest like Juliette. She would have never done that, and I don't know why making her a hexenbiest would have made her any different. She'd gotten revenge on Nick already and having her blow up over Adalind's pregnancy when she already knew that could happen once she talked to Nick......it's completely out of character for Juliette.

(03-03-2017, 07:23 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]In season 3 she jumped into the Grimm world with both feet so what was there for Nick to see?

He proposed in season 1.
Why only go the down on one knee he hinted very hard before they went to Monroe's and Rosalee's wedding and would have been down on one knee if she hadn't push it aside.

First of all, a woman doesn't want a "hinted" proposal. Second, he just slept with Adalind. Is that really a time to *hint* at a proposal?
At the time she didn't know he had slept with Adalind if she had I would agree with your point but at this time she didn't know. Now are you saying if he had dropped to one knee she wouldn't a push it aside? Also I don't speak for all men and I know I don't speak for any women, so I'll take your word that a hinted proposal would be treated as non proposal. Now we are at our normal point of agreeing to disagree on this.

I can't remember. When did the hinted proposal take place?
(03-03-2017, 07:50 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 07:25 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]They never really killed her though, New Guy. Personally, I thought the whole Kelly betrayal thing was lame for a hexenbiest like Juliette. She would have never done that, and I don't know why making her a hexenbiest would have made her any different. She'd gotten revenge on Nick already and having her blow up over Adalind's pregnancy when she already knew that could happen once she talked to Nick......it's completely out of character for Juliette.

He proposed in season 1.
Why only go the down on one knee he hinted very hard before they went to Monroe's and Rosalee's wedding and would have been down on one knee if she hadn't push it aside.

First of all, a woman doesn't want a "hinted" proposal. Second, he just slept with Adalind. Is that really a time to *hint* at a proposal?
At the time she didn't know he had slept with Adalind if she had I would agree with your point but at this time she didn't know. Now are you saying if he had dropped to one knee she wouldn't a push it aside? Also I don't speak for all men and I know I don't speak for any women, so I'll take your word that a hinted proposal would be treated as non proposal. Now we are at our normal point of agreeing to disagree on this.

I'm not sure could have been an episode before Blond Ambition? I'll have to rewatch the last couple episodes in season 3.
(03-03-2017, 04:35 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]People forget when Juliette got out of jail she was not looking for revenge against Nick. Even when Kenneth approached her she was not going to side with him. It was not until Kenneth told Juliette that Adalind was having the child that should have been hers that she lost it. That was the last straw and from there she was out for blood. Which people want to contribute that rage to her being a hexenbiest. Instead of it being the reaction of one really pissed off girlfriend.

I attributed it to her being a pissed off girlfriend. Just like I attributed Adalind taking Nick's powers as her being a desperate mother instead of a Hexenbiest. The Hexenbiest just gave them the power to carry out their goals but it didn't create the rage in Juliette or Adalind's desire to get Diana back.

Juliette was a pissed off girlfriend but she went too far. Nick being with Adalind now isn't because Adalind stole him away. It's because Juliette went off the deep end and destroyed any chance for a reconciliation although I still don't trust the writers to not put them back together at the end of the show.

Admittedly, I can't say that the way Juliette was written had nothing to do with what they planned to do with Adalind. They have been intertwined for the past few seasons and the writers made sure that Eve fell in love with Nick in Blind Love then followed that up with Nick calling her Juliette and staying by her side all day and night in the next episode. There is some type of triangle going on that they keep reminding the viewers of in about half of the episodes this season. Adalind couldn't be with Nick now if not for what happened with Juliette so I can see why people feel that Juliette drew the short straw.

I think it's a combination of the above and attempting to make Juliette more interesting. Her part in the show hasn't declined. She receives much more attention than Adalind and is more central to the plot than her as well. Juliette not being the love interest anymore should've been a blessing in disguise but they're clearly not leaving Nick/Juliette alone and having her stay with Nick and Adalind was a bad look.

(03-03-2017, 06:36 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 06:29 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ][quote='irukandji' pid='48041' dateline='1488547242']
[quote='jsgrimm45' pid='48039' dateline='1488546933']
[quote='rpmaluki' pid='48034' dateline='1488546597']
Does he value being a Grimm above anything else or is a Grimm a calling that can't be in most cases turned down? Like can Superman ever stop being Superman?

He wouldn't be able to stop being Superman. He would get himself killed trying to do what he's always done.

This was just proven with Supergirl instead on her show. She risked death twice without her powers in order to protect people.

As for Nick, I don't think he could give it up. He knows what the world is really like now and he won't choose to be ignorant of it. Even Hank has stated how frustrating it is when you know how things really are and you can't do anything about it.
(03-03-2017, 07:50 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 07:25 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]They never really killed her though, New Guy. Personally, I thought the whole Kelly betrayal thing was lame for a hexenbiest like Juliette. She would have never done that, and I don't know why making her a hexenbiest would have made her any different. She'd gotten revenge on Nick already and having her blow up over Adalind's pregnancy when she already knew that could happen once she talked to Nick......it's completely out of character for Juliette.

He proposed in season 1.

I found it was episode called Synchronicity. It was back more episodes than I thought. It happen just before Adalind and Kelly show up with Diana.
(03-03-2017, 10:13 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]I found it was episode called Synchronicity. It was back more episodes than I thought. It happen just before Adalind and Kelly show up with Diana.

So what exactly did Nick do that led you to believe he was proposing? Were they at the house when this happened?
The first time we saw Nick in the pilot, he was coming out of a jewelry store with the ring. So he planned to propose to Juliette even before he got his Grimm.

Nick first proposed to Juliette at the end of 116, "The Thing with Feathers." That was when Juliette said no.

Nick started to propose again in 317, "Synchronicity," but he was interrupted by the arrival of Kelly with Adalind and Diana.

There was one other occasion when Juliette saw Nick looking at the ring in their dresser drawer and said something like, "when it's the right time, you'll know (or maybe "we'll know"). Can't remember when this was.
(03-03-2017, 08:30 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]As for Nick, I don't think he could give it up. He knows what the world is really like now and he won't choose to be ignorant of it. Even Hank has stated how frustrating it is when you know how things really are and you can't do anything about it.

Plus the fact that he loves it. I think the love of being a grimm is much more important to him than any human love. Actually it seems to be that way with all of the grimms.
The aunt Marie saw it as a curse. She left her life "GRIMM" to take care of Nick. At first Nick did not like it had to hide that life from Juliette. He saw the posibilities it was to be a "GRIMM". Is a serious person, policeman.
(03-03-2017, 10:30 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2017, 10:13 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]I found it was episode called Synchronicity. It was back more episodes than I thought. It happen just before Adalind and Kelly show up with Diana.

So what exactly did Nick do that led you to believe he was proposing? Were they at the house when this happened?
Yes here is the script of the scene:

Well, if the wedding's at night, don't you think you're gonna look a little strange? And what if you trip and they fall off? This isn't helping.
Sorry.
Hmm.
- Still there.
- Yeah.
Still here.
So am I, and when the time is right, we both know where to find it, but one wedding to worry about right now is enough, especially if you have to whack a few guests.
Come in.

(03-03-2017, 10:30 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]The first time we saw Nick in the pilot, he was coming out of a jewelry store with the ring. So he planned to propose to Juliette even before he got his Grimm.

Nick first proposed to Juliette at the end of 116, "The Thing with Feathers." That was when Juliette said no.

Nick started to propose again in 317, "Synchronicity," but he was interrupted by the arrival of Kelly with Adalind and Diana.

There was one other occasion when Juliette saw Nick looking at the ring in their dresser drawer and said something like, "when it's the right time, you'll know (or maybe "we'll know"). Can't remember when this was.
You are correct this was the scene in the bedroom just before Kelly showed up.
My thought is if Nick was that gung ho about proposing he would have chosen a better location than the bedroom. (Tacky in my opinion)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44