Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Adalind raped Nick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-15-2017, 09:25 PM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe Grimms are inherently benevolent. The journals make clear that throughout history they have adopted some paricularly cruel practices. Each one is an individual, capable of good or bad. Just as anyone in a position of power has the possibility of being a force for the positive or negative in our natures. But I do believe that Nick is a good man, and by virtue, representative of the positive in what a Grimm can be. The writers intended Nick to bring on a sea change in Grimm, Wesen relations. A New Testament Grimm as they put it. No longer the boogeyman of Wesen culture, but their defender.

Since Nick's family has been brought up in some of the posts, I thought I would pose a question first.

Why wasn't Nick caring for his sick aunt? He seemed to know she had cancer, there's no indication he was shocked by her appearance. So why did he leave her alone?
(04-16-2017, 06:36 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]MaryLikesgrimm. G&K never said that or implied that Diana refereed to Nick as dad. You are just making things up to try and prove your point. I dare you to sight where they said that. You are using an opinion of posters and reviewers. contrary to current popular belief. there is no such things as alternate facts. You like a lot of posters have a bad habit of making things up.

Syscrash, you keep reminding posters to stick to what was shown in the series and the writers' intent. The writer's revealed their intent in several interviews- MLG provided several links for any one who missed them. In the series, in the final scene of the Nick and the gang, Nick pulled Adalind into a hug while the rest of the gang went over to 'them' for a group hug...
It is actually a bigger jump in the imagination after that, methinks, to believe that Nick then left Adalind and that Adalind ended up with Sean. Also a poster as well as G&K pointed out that the epilogue was about the titular character and not Sean.
(04-16-2017, 07:44 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-15-2017, 09:25 PM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe Grimms are inherently benevolent. The journals make clear that throughout history they have adopted some paricularly cruel practices. Each one is an individual, capable of good or bad. Just as anyone in a position of power has the possibility of being a force for the positive or negative in our natures. But I do believe that Nick is a good man, and by virtue, representative of the positive in what a Grimm can be. The writers intended Nick to bring on a sea change in Grimm, Wesen relations. A New Testament Grimm as they put it. No longer the boogeyman of Wesen culture, but their defender.

Since Nick's family has been brought up in some of the posts, I thought I would pose a question first.

Why wasn't Nick caring for his sick aunt? He seemed to know she had cancer, there's no indication he was shocked by her appearance. So why did he leave her alone?

Nick had not talked to her for 2 years and he had no idea she was sick.
(04-16-2017, 07:44 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Why wasn't Nick caring for his sick aunt? He seemed to know she had cancer, there's no indication he was shocked by her appearance. So why did he leave her alone?

I just rewatched the first few episodes. Sean had police protection at the hospital covering aunt Marie but withdrew them later. Nick tried to get Sean to reinstate them and when Sean wouldn't, Nick convinced Monroe go over to watch after aunt Marie since he couldn't be there himself. Monroe fought off some attackers and decided to beat it after letting Nick know what happened.
(04-16-2017, 07:52 AM)Devegs Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2017, 07:44 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Why wasn't Nick caring for his sick aunt? He seemed to know she had cancer, there's no indication he was shocked by her appearance. So why did he leave her alone?

I just rewatched the first few episodes. Sean had police protection at the hospital covering aunt Marie but withdrew them later. Nick tried to get Sean to reinstate them and when Sean wouldn't, Nick convinced Monroe go over to watch after aunt Marie since he couldn't be there himself. Monroe fought off some attackers and decided to beat it after letting Nick know what happened.

No, I mean before that, when she first was diagnosed with cancer. If you notice, Marie came to him.

The importance of family has come up and on that note, I wanted to pose a question that came to mind last night.

Wasn't Marie an active grimm even with her cancer? She was sick, she wasn't an invalid. There was no way of knowing if Nick would become a grimm so she kept that part hidden from him until she knew for certain he had his sight. She was a nomad like most Grimms travelling from one place to another. Nick settled down in one place when he was old enough and I believe Grimms tend to isolate themselves from those members of their family that aren't Grimms (the Kessler sister and their non Grimm brother). His aunt knew where he was, she came "home" when she wanted. And with Nick a grimm himself, she was content to pass down their family heritage and finally succumb to her illness after fighting to her last breath. Nick isn't like his mom, aunt or Trubel. He stays in one place, keeping close to his family instead wandering the world like his ancestors.
(04-16-2017, 07:51 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]

Nick had not talked to her for 2 years and he had no idea she was sick.

But why would Nick let things go like that?

(04-16-2017, 07:57 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]

The importance of family has come up and on that note, I wanted to pose a question that came to mind last night.

Wasn't Marie an active grimm even with her cancer? She was sick, she wasn't an invalid. There was no way of knowing if Nick would become a grimm so she kept that part hidden from him until she knew for certain he had his sight. She was a nomad like most Grimms travelling from one place to another. Nick settled down in one place when he was old enough and I believe Grimms tend to isolate themselves from those members of their family that aren't Grimms (the Kessler sister and their non Grimm brother). His aunt knew where he was, she came "home" when she wanted. And with Nick a grimm himself, she was content to pass down their family heritage and finally succumb to her illness after fighting to her last breath. Nick isn't like his mom, aunt or Trubel. He stays in one place, keeping close to his family instead wandering the world like his ancestors.

He didn't act shocked when she was sitting in his house, so he apparently knew. I think the reason she came to him was because she was dying.
(04-16-2017, 07:27 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2017, 05:36 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]IMO a traditional Grimm would never leave his child/children to be raised by wesen biests.

From "The End".

Kelly tells him to guard the staff well, then adds, “Take good care of my grandson. I like his name.”

Please note Sean was still dead then.
(04-16-2017, 07:56 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2017, 07:52 AM)Devegs Wrote: [ -> ]

No, I mean before that, when she first was diagnosed with cancer. If you notice, Marie came to him.

I can only attribute it to the fact that when we don't live so close to family and they are going through some sort of chronic or terminal illness, if they tell us that they are doing okay we accept it. Partly because we are engrossed in our own lives, work, etc. When we finally see them we are often shocked at how far the disease has progressed or their condition. Actually I have no good excuse for him...
(04-16-2017, 07:58 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]He didn't act shocked when she was sitting in his house, so he apparently knew. I think the reason she came to him was because she was dying.

Nick looked shocked to me when his bald aunt told him she had cancer. IMO the shows makes Nick look not to bright.