Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Adalind raped Nick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-08-2017, 08:18 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2017, 08:02 AM)Circe27 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think the writers went to one website and said nadalind is endgame!! Networks have departments that researches audience and study rise and decline of viewer shares.

All I'm saying is if they listen to specific audience requirements, that when the vision of the show suffers. They put their vision out there for all to see. If it doesn't work, they try something else. I don't know that Adalind/Nick was their vision. I would hope it was rather than some effort in season 4 to change the Juliette dynamic simply because fans prefer Nadalind better.

I agree, you can't cater to just one audience group. I don't believe Nick/Adalind was planned, the popularity of the couple was surprising and they worked it in after they changed Juliette's character.
(04-08-2017, 08:25 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2017, 08:18 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]All I'm saying is if they listen to specific audience requirements, that when the vision of the show suffers. They put their vision out there for all to see. If it doesn't work, they try something else. I don't know that Adalind/Nick was their vision. I would hope it was rather than some effort in season 4 to change the Juliette dynamic simply because fans prefer Nadalind better.

Irukandji would you felt better if Juliette had the baby and lived in the fome and gave up work and had to not get to involved with what Nick was doing and Adalind would have become the lead with team grimm and partner to Nick and he could not done without Adalind?

Mary, I would have felt better if they had treated Juliette's character with respect. It's not necessary to make Juliette a mother to give her a more human side. As a vet she could have shined on her own as a human. I mean look at all the animal shows out there now. Not only do we have vet shows, we have animal cops, and my personal favorites, the game wardens. There's a real love for these people.

Instead they trash the character by giving her a phony profession that she's never shown working through. They then make her unbelievably evil, and then after some pathetically attempted help, the characters all turned two-faced and rallied against her.

Adalind really didn't fair much better but at least she was treated better. I never did see her as the motherly type, I thought that beneath her. I was not alone as I saw where she was termed Boralind in some forums.

My point to all of this is that if this turnabout was the result of catering to fan demands, it was stupid. It didn't help the show's ratings in the least.
(04-08-2017, 08:31 AM)Circe27 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, you can't cater to just one audience group. I don't believe Nick/Adalind was planned, the popularity of the couple was surprising and they worked it in after they changed Juliette's character.

Circe27 would you felt better if Juliette had the baby and lived in the fome and gave up work and had to not get to involved with what Nick was doing and Adalind would have become the lead with team grimm and partner to Nick and he could not done without Adalind?

Buffy had 14 different love interests in 7 years. Nick's love life is very stable for this type of supernatural show. I do admit that OUAT let Snow and David stay together.

(04-08-2017, 08:43 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Mary, I would have felt better if they had treated Juliette's character with respect.

Instead they trash the character by giving her a phony profession that she's never shown working through. They then make her unbelievably evil, and then after some pathetically attempted help, the characters all turned two-faced and rallied against her.

Is the phony profession working for HW?
(04-08-2017, 08:44 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2017, 08:31 AM)Circe27 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, you can't cater to just one audience group. I don't believe Nick/Adalind was planned, the popularity of the couple was surprising and they worked it in after they changed Juliette's character.

Circe27 would you felt better if Juliette had the baby and lived in the fome and gave up work and had to not get to involved with what Nick was doing and Adalind would have become the lead with team grimm and partner to Nick and he could not done without Adalind?

Buffy had 14 different love interests in 7 years. Nick's love life is very stable for this type of supernatural show. I do admit that OUAT let Snow and David stay together.

(04-08-2017, 08:43 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Mary, I would have felt better if they had treated Juliette's character with respect.

Is the phony profession working for HW?

No, the phony profession was making her a vet. HW was just stupid. I thought the concept was great at first but it and BC turned out to be nada.
(04-08-2017, 08:18 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2017, 08:02 AM)Circe27 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think the writers went to one website and said nadalind is endgame!! Networks have departments that researches audience and study rise and decline of viewer shares.

All I'm saying is if they listen to specific audience requirements, that when the vision of the show suffers. They put their vision out there for all to see. If it doesn't work, they try something else. I don't know that Adalind/Nick was their vision. I would hope it was rather than some effort in season 4 to change the Juliette dynamic simply because fans prefer Nadalind better.

I don't believe the changes they made to Juliette were for Adalind or the Nadalind relationship. It was for Juliette the character. For years Juliette's role as Nick's partner was marred with problems, a normal situation for a hero's girlfriend, but it bombed awfully because viewers couldn't connect to the character. Any changes made was because of the writers believing she was salvageable. Hexenette was a disaster of epic proportions hut they came through with Eve. Adalind only benefit because Juliette had left her role as Nick's girlfriend vacant.
(04-08-2017, 08:52 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]For years Juliette's role as Nick's partner was marred with problems, a normal situation for a hero's girlfriend, but it bombed awfully because viewers couldn't connect to the character.

If they did such a thing then they are catering to a specific fan demand and not following their vision.
(04-08-2017, 08:43 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind really didn't fair much better but at least she was treated better. I never did see her as the motherly type, I thought that beneath her. I was not alone as I saw where she was termed Boralind in some forums.

Adalind was not the motherly type at the beginning but she decided to move in that direction after the birth of Diana and she made that her life focus. Adalind's own mother was terrible to her and she learned to see pass that.
(04-08-2017, 08:54 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2017, 08:43 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind really didn't fair much better but at least she was treated better. I never did see her as the motherly type, I thought that beneath her. I was not alone as I saw where she was termed Boralind in some forums.

Adalind was not the motherly type at the beginning but she decided to move in that direction after the birth of Diana and she made that her life focus. Adalind's own mother was terrible to her and she learned to see pass that.

Yes, but again, if that was due to fan demand, it faired poorly. People loved the feisty Adalind and her plans to thwart Nick. Motherhood was beneath the character. It never should have been developed for her character.
(04-08-2017, 08:56 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but again, if that was due to fan demand, it faired poorly. People loved the feisty Adalind and her plans to thwart Nick. Motherhood was beneath the character. It never should have been developed for her character.

The show gave Adalind a baby well before Juliette became a hexenbiest. IMO it had nothing to do with Juliette's character. Adalind showed up at Nick's house days after giving birth.

Side note that David and Bitse did not even start dating until the end of season 3.
(04-08-2017, 04:44 AM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]I think if Nick had not turned away of her at the decisive moment when Juliette show him her new her - Nick and Adalind would not get together.

I'm not sure Juliette was intending to gauge Nick's reaction when woging. I think she had already made up her mind about Nick not accepting her and she only did that to prove a point to him. Juliette was pretty much out the door when that happened and didn't really care about Nick's response because she knew in her heart that it was already over. And that's without the news of Adalind's pregnancy.