Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Adalind raped Nick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nick should not have sex with the Hexenbiest Henriette,It was juliette who should do it unless there was a trap in it.
(04-10-2017, 03:34 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Why does Diana have a vivid memory of parents she hasn't seen since she was 10 days old, but can't remember the people that took her from her mother or that her father gave her away, or that Juliette was at the house the night 'her other mommy' was killed? Maybe because the show wants to ignore some events and manipulate other events to fit the current storyline?
Nothing said she had a vivid memory of her parents. When she meet Sean she know she was going to meet her father. When she meet Adalind she knew she was going to meet her mother. She did not have to recognize them. she just deduced the people she was being introduced to where the people she was suppose to meet. Would be different if she saw them with no clue to who they where and recognized them.

Because of Diana's intensely powerful abilities, it's likely she has a strong sense of who her parents are, before she sees them again, even if every detail eludes her. Her ability to astral project, may mean that she's watched them, even before they're reunited. Particularly Adalind, because they share power from the same source. That same connection also extends to Eve, because her abilities stem from Adalind as well. Diana still has the fuzziness of a child's recollections and emotional understanding, but she has a profound perception of the sensory currents surrounding her. She can feel intent without any of the normal human cues. This is one of the reasons she warms up to Nick, when early in the season everyone thought she may have it in for him and expected an inevitable conflict. It takes her very little time to understand someone's fundamental nature. Even if those interpretations are being filtered through a child's mind. And as it relates to Eve and her mother, the depth of Diana's perception goes even deeper. One thing I regret about the show ending, is missing the chance to explore the powerful connection between these ladies, over the coming years.
(04-09-2017, 11:32 PM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 06:12 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 05:44 PM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure where you got that rendition from. As I recall, Adalind flirted with a guy from work…
Oh good grief, surely you’re not referring to the guy from the law firm she ran into outside a Starbucks. You can’t possibly consider that flirting. If so, you’d think me the town flirt because I often engage in conversation when running into someone I know. I smile too.

(04-09-2017, 05:44 PM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]…and was literally dripping after seeing Meisner again.
So was I sweetheart! In fact, I was ready to sneak out on the back porch to light one up after it was over - before remembering that I don’t smoke.

(04-09-2017, 05:44 PM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]…Not exactly the behavior that women tend to exhibit when they have found their man. She may have wanted to be with Nick, but, Adalind clearly was capable of playing snuggle bunny with more than just Nick at that point in time.
This was the fifth episode. Nick and Adalind hadn’t yet gotten past uncomfortable interaction, much less Adalind thinking she’d found her man. Not sure Adalind could get out of that bulky sweater long enough to get busy with Nick or anyone else at that point. But I guess if we’re talking about below the waist action, the sweater wouldn’t get in the way.

Of course, knowing that Adalind was nursing at the time is a big ick for me. I remember what that was like, shooing the hand away and explaining “they don’t belong to use anymore, they may not ever again”. *grin* *cringe*

Perhaps you missed my point, or perchance you simply disagree.
Flirting is one thing, and it oft happens even when people are in a committed relationship. That being said, my recollection is women tend not to flirt with others when they are initially enamored with some guy. They tend to have a one track mind at that point and focus on him, dream a bit, fantasize a bit, but it is about the one guy, other men are simply off the lady's radar.

So my point boils down to, Adalind was not acting like a woman who was all about Nick. She may have been making up her mind, may have been playing, may have been reeling him in, but her behavior was not what I consider I am mad about type of stuff.

When Adalind ran into Lane, she wasn't all about Nick at that point. They just moved into the fome and she was still getting accustomed to just living with him and work out the new co-parenting relationship.
And I also didn't see it as flirting, it looked more like she didn't know him that well and was just trying to make small talk. I actually thought when he said "Remember me? Lane from Berman" that no she didn't remember him and she was trying to pretend she did. The law firm she worked at was a wesen law firm so Lane could have very well be wesen and she didn't want it known she had a child with a grimm.
(04-10-2017, 07:36 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]She can feel intent without any of the normal human cues. This is one of the reasons she warms up to Nick, when early in the season everyone thought she may have it in for him and expected an inevitable conflict. It takes her very little time to understand someone's fundamental nature.

After the 3rd episode, with all the fuss with Nick and her dad, and she changing Nick back, there was a stern stare at Nick, like not really pleased at it all and a " i will be watching you face kind of look".
I do not think it was immediate but gradual, only later in the season, she began warming up to him. So, what I mean is, it took her longer time than normal to understand him and get close to him. I guess its cause of the complications.

Nick and Diana seemed to speak only when it was important to speak. They never showed Diana asking him general questions nor Nick doing the same. Both avoided small talks, like they had deep respect but distant for each other and were both careful not to over say something that could wind one or the other up during the get to know each other stages. I also feel Diana found it harder to understand Nick, and needed time, same goes for Nick too.
(04-09-2017, 11:32 PM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps you missed my point, or perchance you simply disagree.
Flirting is one thing, and it oft happens even when people are in a committed relationship. That being said, my recollection is women tend not to flirt with others when they are initially enamored with some guy. They tend to have a one track mind at that point and focus on him, dream a bit, fantasize a bit, but it is about the one guy, other men are simply off the lady's radar.

So my point boils down to, Adalind was not acting like a woman who was all about Nick. She may have been making up her mind, may have been playing, may have been reeling him in, but her behavior was not what I consider I am mad about type of stuff.
I agree that Adalind didn’t appear to have romantic inclinations or wishes concerning Nick. But I don’t think she was flirting with the guy she ran into either. I don’t consider their interaction as flirting.

Now you also brought up Meisner, and I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum with that interaction. Good Golly Miss Molly! You could practically hear the electrical arc sizzling and crackling around them. But Nick and Adalind were nothing more than roommates and co-parents are that time. And while I don’t want to instigate a barrage of Adalind only loves Nick responses, I’m going to say it anyway… I have never seen Adalind look at Nick the way she looked at Meisner - raw hunger. I’ve only seen Nick look at Adalind that way once - just before their kiss at the table.
(04-10-2017, 02:39 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]Now you also brought up Meisner, and I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum with that interaction. Good Golly Miss Molly! You could practically hear the electrical arc sizzling and crackling around them. But Nick and Adalind were nothing more than roommates and co-parents are that time. And while I don’t want to instigate a barrage of Adalind only loves Nick responses, I’m going to say it anyway… I have never seen Adalind look at Nick the way she looked at Meisner - raw hunger. I’ve only seen Nick look at Adalind that way once - just before their kiss at the table.

Exactly. Meisner was Adalind's guy. He is the one. She would let him do whatever he wanted to do and she would enjoy every inch, uh, I mean moment, of it.

Even thought he seemed like a doofus to me, I think to Adalind Nick had nice guy (given her abusive relationships it may have seemed that way) appeal and he was trying to be a real father. So she would go with Nick, even as she read 50 Shades of Grey and wished Meisner had her tied to the bed.
(04-09-2017, 08:33 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 07:59 PM)MANTItotheCore Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 02:47 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody have said Nick should left Adalind...but that's not the woman, we know. She try to please but Adalind is her own people but she want to please. She is her own person. With own wishes and own commitments. If she is so focused on another person, it's not right. Nobody should change for someone and I really mean no one. You can make compromise but change so much - it can not be love.

And I don't say it because I can't stand Adalind. I say it as woman. I wouldn't change myself if the people don't like me - then I don't need them. Everyone can make compromise but change doesn't be.

for my part, I don't see it that way AT ALL. Adalind is her own woman. Period. She was devastated by the loss of Diana and the hunt that she undertook afterward. Even if you hate Adalind, you have to watch those episodes of her crying pitiably begging anyone who would listen to help her find her child. It was during this time that she smoked the hat and slept with Nick at the request of the Royals, hoping to get Diana back. When she gets pregnant with Kelly, Adalind is in fear of her life from Juliette who was trying to kill her. Naturally, she went to the father of her baby who would be killed with her (not that Juliette cared at that time). It is clear she and Nick developed a love for each other and that's were we ended.

I had no sympathy for her at that time. She brought herself in trouble. The child is innocent, of course. But she wouldn't go to Nick when it wasn't for the reason of Juliette. And she has herself to blame for it.
wow, that's kind of cold, Tara. While there were many times I wanted Nick to Grimm her in the early Seasons, I was really moved by how much she loved Diana and felt her loss. She begging anyone for help and they all refused.

She went to Nick because it was HIS CHILD.
(04-10-2017, 05:51 PM)MANTItotheCore Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 08:33 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 07:59 PM)MANTItotheCore Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 02:47 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody have said Nick should left Adalind...but that's not the woman, we know. She try to please but Adalind is her own people but she want to please. She is her own person. With own wishes and own commitments. If she is so focused on another person, it's not right. Nobody should change for someone and I really mean no one. You can make compromise but change so much - it can not be love.

And I don't say it because I can't stand Adalind. I say it as woman. I wouldn't change myself if the people don't like me - then I don't need them. Everyone can make compromise but change doesn't be.

for my part, I don't see it that way AT ALL. Adalind is her own woman. Period. She was devastated by the loss of Diana and the hunt that she undertook afterward. Even if you hate Adalind, you have to watch those episodes of her crying pitiably begging anyone who would listen to help her find her child. It was during this time that she smoked the hat and slept with Nick at the request of the Royals, hoping to get Diana back. When she gets pregnant with Kelly, Adalind is in fear of her life from Juliette who was trying to kill her. Naturally, she went to the father of her baby who would be killed with her (not that Juliette cared at that time). It is clear she and Nick developed a love for each other and that's were we ended.

I had no sympathy for her at that time. She brought herself in trouble. The child is innocent, of course. But she wouldn't go to Nick when it wasn't for the reason of Juliette. And she has herself to blame for it.
wow, that's kind of cold, Tara. While there were many times I wanted Nick to Grimm her in the early Seasons, I was really moved by how much she loved Diana and felt her loss. She begging anyone for help and they all refused.

She went to Nick because it was HIS CHILD.

Excuse me the question, why it is cold? She " even sold " her first born baby - Diana.
(04-10-2017, 07:11 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]Excuse me the question, why it is cold? She " even sold " her first born baby - Diana.
Tara, are you suggesting that people can't change or shouldn't be allowed to change & better themselves once they make mistakes/bad decisions?
No, I do not say that. Everyone can change if we want to. And it will work out for - you just have to want.