Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Adalind raped Nick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-09-2017, 01:50 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Why?
Adalind could not careless about the grimm lifestyle or killing wesen. If anything she would tell the kids to stay out of it as long as possible. Nick and Trubel are the obsessive Grimms who want to teach the next generations.
(04-09-2017, 01:57 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 01:50 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Why?
Adalind could not careless about the grimm lifestyle or killing wesen. If anything she would tell the kids to stay out of it as long as possible. Nick and Trubel are the obsessive Grimms who want to teach the next generations.

So that makes Adalind a doormat subject to Nick's wishes.
(04-09-2017, 01:50 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]And you keep misinterpreting my posts. I am not trying to convince people of my view at this time, in the past, or in the future. Trust me on this one. These are just my thoughts on Adalind. My thoughts, no one else's.

Let use agree to disagree. I am assuming you are against a time jump?

(04-09-2017, 01:58 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]So that makes Adalind a doormat subject to Nick's wishes.

Yes is does. Eve is better off.
(04-09-2017, 01:53 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 11:40 AM)Courtney23 Wrote: [ -> ]Even the writers stated it was adalind and nick . Do u think Monroe and roaslaie would trust there three kids around Sean after all he's done I don't think so.

The writers are liars, pure and simple. I know there are people who believe them and even some of those people don't believe everything the writers write. As for me, I take everything they say with a grain of salt, especially when they add phrases like "happily ever after".

Even in your own words, you're stating Rosalee and Monroe wouldn't trust their kids around Sean. That being the case, then how could everything end up "happily ever after"?

(04-09-2017, 01:53 PM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 11:00 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 10:45 AM)Courtney23 Wrote: [ -> ]Because saying, "Our Dad and Mom" is how people talk in casual conversation? Or maybe she should have said "Mom and Stepdad are waiting", cause that rolls off the tongue. Kelly would have heard Diana call Nick "Dad" before, so using it in a familiar parlance would have needed no qualification for him. Why is the idea that people would call both Nick and Sean "Dad", rubbing some people the wrong way? It's in no way dismissive of Diana's relationship with Sean. It just means she's also close to Nick. Which is a good and healthy thing.

Kelly is writing in a book. Now if this is a book for posterity, then he isn't going to refer to his Dad at all. He's going to simply describe the Z and how it was destroyed.

If this is a personal diary Kelly is writing in, then "our dad" would be much more appropriate.

So the fact that he states "my dad" makes sense when he's referring to Nick. The fact that Diana talks about Mom and Dad means she's referring to Adalind and Sean.

I made no reference to the Grimm journal Kelly is writing in. I'm speaking about the way in which Diana would talk to her brother in a casual discourse. She's addressing Kelly when she says "Mom and Dad", assuming a familiar understanding between the two, over whom she's referencing. And as I will reiterate from previous posts, it makes no sense thematically, for Diana to be referencing Sean. Nick is the main character. This is his legacy. Why then would they be talking about a guy who isn't even a Grimm? Especially if other, more beloved characters get no mention.

And you don't think Kelly would understand she's could be talking about her Dad when she says "Mom and Dad"? In reality it makes no sense that she would even mention the parents anyway. The kids have taken over the legacy.
(04-09-2017, 01:59 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 01:50 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]And you keep misinterpreting my posts. I am not trying to convince people of my view at this time, in the past, or in the future. Trust me on this one. These are just my thoughts on Adalind. My thoughts, no one else's.

(04-09-2017, 01:58 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]So that makes Adalind a doormat subject to Nick's wishes.

But no one has told her this. So it is not love. Instead, she likes to please Nick and not according to her own wishes as appropriate.
(04-09-2017, 02:07 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]

But no one has told her this. So it is not love. Instead, she likes to please Nick and not according to her own wishes as appropriate.

Right. If this is what Adalind is forced to endure, it's not a stretch of my imagination to think she could be bought out by someone better than Nick.
(04-09-2017, 02:15 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

Right. If this is what Adalind is forced to endure, it's not a stretch of my imagination to think she could be bought out by someone better than Nick.

Sorry, but somehow I need to think right now about the herding group, dogs which want to please her owner - with his will to please. And in that case even was Juliette more decisive. I know it's mean but I don't know how to compare otherwise. I totally agree with you, irukandji.
(04-09-2017, 02:20 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 02:15 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry, but somehow I need to think right now about the herding group, dogs which want to please her owner - with his will to please. And in that case even was Juliette more decisive. I know it's mean but I don't know how to compare otherwise. I totally agree with you, irukandji.

Adalind unlike Juliette/Eve has not one outside of the scooby group. No one in Eve's life as Juliette's life was affected by Nick being a grimm in a negative way.

Adalind has less reason to leave not more. She needs routine while taking care of small kids.

I sure you come up for reasons why Nick would have sex with other women for fun or leave his family much easier and likely than Adalind doing anything.

(04-09-2017, 02:07 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]But no one has told her this. So it is not love. Instead, she likes to please Nick and not according to her own wishes as appropriate.

Nick gave Juliette a hard time because he did want her involved in his grimm work. Nick told Juliette and Adalind this. Juliette say no to this and Adalind is ok with this.
Nobody have said Nick should left Adalind...but that's not the woman, we know. She try to please but Adalind is her own people but she want to please. She is her own person. With own wishes and own commitments. If she is so focused on another person, it's not right. Nobody should change for someone and I really mean no one. You can make compromise but change so much - it can not be love.

And I don't say it because I can't stand Adalind. I say it as woman. I wouldn't change myself if the people don't like me - then I don't need them. Everyone can make compromise but change doesn't be.
(04-09-2017, 01:53 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 11:40 AM)Courtney23 Wrote: [ -> ]Even the writers stated it was adalind and nick . Do u think Monroe and roaslaie would trust there three kids around Sean after all he's done I don't think so.

The writers are liars, pure and simple. I know there are people who believe them and even some of those people don't believe everything the writers write. As for me, I take everything they say with a grain of salt, especially when they add phrases like "happily ever after".

Even in your own words, you're stating Rosalee and Monroe wouldn't trust their kids around Sean. That being the case, then how could everything end up "happily ever after"?

(04-09-2017, 01:53 PM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 11:00 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 10:45 AM)Courtney23 Wrote: [ -> ]Because saying, "Our Dad and Mom" is how people talk in casual conversation? Or maybe she should have said "Mom and Stepdad are waiting", cause that rolls off the tongue. Kelly would have heard Diana call Nick "Dad" before, so using it in a familiar parlance would have needed no qualification for him. Why is the idea that people would call both Nick and Sean "Dad", rubbing some people the wrong way? It's in no way dismissive of Diana's relationship with Sean. It just means she's also close to Nick. Which is a good and healthy thing.

Kelly is writing in a book. Now if this is a book for posterity, then he isn't going to refer to his Dad at all. He's going to simply describe the Z and how it was destroyed.

If this is a personal diary Kelly is writing in, then "our dad" would be much more appropriate.

So the fact that he states "my dad" makes sense when he's referring to Nick. The fact that Diana talks about Mom and Dad means she's referring to Adalind and Sean.

I made no reference to the Grimm journal Kelly is writing in. I'm speaking about the way in which Diana would talk to her brother in a casual discourse. She's addressing Kelly when she says "Mom and Dad", assuming a familiar understanding between the two, over whom she's referencing. And as I will reiterate from previous posts, it makes no sense thematically, for Diana to be referencing Sean. Nick is the main character. This is his legacy. Why then would they be talking about a guy who isn't even a Grimm? Especially if other, more beloved characters get no mention.

And you don't think Kelly would understand she's could be talking about her Dad when she says "Mom and Dad"? In reality it makes no sense that she would even mention the parents anyway. The kids have taken over the legacy.

This assertion that the writers are liars is completely insane. It's a common practice for those involved in a show's production to stoke and misdirect public perception in an effort to veil upcoming plot points. But once a show is done, there are no remaining reasons to obfuscate the truth. They get to speak openly about intent. And to say that the events happening on screen are somehow a lie, for no greater reason than disagreeing with them, seems delusional. If nothing happened in the way it was shown to happen, the entire presented reality is a house of cards. What actually exists then, other than one's own perception of how it should have been. If you accept that nothing the writers gave you was true, I suppose the only recourse is to go back and rewrite the whole story in your own image. That way the characters could actually be what you seem to think they are.

In a literal sense, yes, Diana could be talking about Renard. If you wanted, you could interpret it as Nick being dead and Adalind is Mrs. Renard. You could say both Nick and Renard were killed in their sleep by Adalind and she's talking about that imaginary Prince you conjured up earlier. Maybe Meisner came back from the dead and he's now Diana's stepdad. Or Adalind, Nick and Renard all died in a tragic boating accident, making Monroe and Rosalee adoptive parents to Kelly and Diana. Or better yet, Nick got a sex change, married Renard, and Diana calls him "Mom" now. But all of those notions fall apart under a logical interpretation. Diana is passing along information to Kelly. She's trying to get his butt in gear. "Mom and Dad" are waiting. It's curt and to the point, and assumes they have a similar understanding of what the heck she's saying. A more expositionsary version of this exchange could have gone: "Hey you, sitting at that desk, writing stuff. Our shared parental figures are waiting at an undisclosed location, so that we might all go and fight things. Because we're Grimms, or close enough, and that's the sort of thing we do. And when I reference our parents, I assume you know that I'm referring to the guy we would both call Dad, and not the other guy that I call Dad...because you don't call that guy Dad..and I didn't want to confuse you. Now let me grab this big stick so we can get to killin'." I'm starting to wish she'd said it that way, so people wouldn't have such an excuse to prop up their fanciful reimaginings of reality.