Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Adalind raped Nick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-07-2017, 12:26 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2017, 12:15 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2017, 11:44 AM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]I somehow like Adalind. Don't get me wrong but I have a grudge as well towards her since Juliettte is from the start on of my favorite and I always liked Nickliette. I don't say I hate Adalind but I for myself favorite Juliette. And I can't get friends with Nadalind.

You never thought that Nick was asking too much from Juliette at any time from Season 1 to the middle of season 4?

(04-07-2017, 12:14 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Nick made the wrong decision in the police station, I am still of that opinion. What I am wondering is what other alternatives Adalind had besides going to Nick.

None. She had no money and was close to giving birth so she could not work for weeks.
She could have gone to a homeless shelter but Juliette could have found her there. Adalind living on the street would have been very dangerous for a pregnant women.

Adalind has been pregnant and in trouble with the royals before. It's inconceivable to me that she would be so stupid as to not have other alternatives available to her.

She can live on streets or a homeless shelter. I have known multiple people who live on the streets or in a shelter and stupid was not one of their problems. Not usual for them to be educated and come from well to do families who think like you do and will not even help them with medical care.
(04-07-2017, 11:44 AM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]I somehow like Adalind. Don't get me wrong but I have a grudge as well towards her since Juliettte is from the start on of my favorite and I always liked Nickliette. I don't say I hate Adalind but I for myself favorite Juliette. And I can't get friends with Nadalind.

Again, no one wants to force you too. I never liked Juliette/Eve or bought Nick and Juliette as a couple, it just didn't work for me and no one here is trying to make me like her. People are just here discussing what happened on the show and why characters took certain actions. The only debate here, if you can even call it that, is about what actually happened on screen between the characters.
I don't recall ever posting an opinion of whether or not Adalind raped Nick. She did not, imo. She seduced him.
But the influences on the screen mix with my attitude. And I say what I think.

(04-07-2017, 12:30 PM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't recall ever posting an opinion of whether or not Adalind raped Nick. She did not, imo. She seduced him.

Seduce him as Juliette. And he thinks he was sleeping with his girlfriend. How do you will call it then?
(04-07-2017, 12:30 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]But the influences on the screen mix with my attitude. And I say what I think.

(04-07-2017, 12:30 PM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't recall ever posting an opinion of whether or not Adalind raped Nick. She did not, imo. She seduced him.

Seduce him as Juliette. And he thinks he was sleeping with his girlfriend. How do you will call it then?

I call it Adalind seducing him as Juliette.
(04-07-2017, 12:28 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]

You never thought that Nick was asking too much from Juliette at any time from Season 1 to the middle of season 4?

(04-07-2017, 12:14 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Nick made the wrong decision in the police station, I am still of that opinion. What I am wondering is what other alternatives Adalind had besides going to Nick.

None. She had no money and was close to giving birth so she could not work for weeks.
She could have gone to a homeless shelter but Juliette could have found her there. Adalind living on the street would have been very dangerous for a pregnant women.

Adalind has been pregnant and in trouble with the royals before. It's inconceivable to me that she would be so stupid as to not have other alternatives available to her.

She can live on streets or a homeless shelter. I have known multiple people who live on the streets or in a shelter and stupid was not one of their problems. Many of them are educated and come from well to do families who think like you do and will ever help them with medical care.

I don't want to bring personal accounts into this, Mary. I'm merely speculating about Adalind. She had an apartment, she also had her mother's house. She had a good paying job, and no doubt a bank account. She was also a hired assassin for the royals. It doesn't make sense that she would deliberately back herself into a corner without an alternatives.

Adalind was working with the royals during her first pregnancy so they probably were easily able to freeze her bank accounts when she escaped at the last minute with Meisner. She had nothing with her when they went to the cabin. Then she went with Kelly, again had nothing with her. After she had the baby, she went to Nick's house, then Renard's, then Monrosalee, she couldn't work and was in hiding. They kidnapped the kid and she called the Royal's begging them to let her be with her baby and they told her she could only come back if she took Nick's grimm away. She did that and went to Austria. Then she got locked up and tortured until she was freed and then they went to Portland to get her kid. She was stuck with the Royal's in the hotel and at that time they wanted Adalind with Diana so it's not like they were going to allow her to get a job. Adalind just went along because she wanted her daughter. At no point during all this was Adalind able to get a job and work. Her only other option was to go on the run while pregnant and just hope Juliette and the royals wouldn't come after her.
(04-07-2017, 12:34 PM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2017, 12:30 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]But the influences on the screen mix with my attitude. And I say what I think.

I call it Adalind seducing him as Juliette.

Okay, I call it rape. But everyone has a different attitudeSmile and sees it in the other angle.
(04-07-2017, 12:35 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to bring personal accounts into this, Mary. I'm merely speculating about Adalind. She had an apartment, she also had her mother's house. She had a good paying job, and no doubt a bank account. She was also a hired assassin for the royals.

She does not have apartment for years and she never had her mother house. She lost her job years ago including working as a assassin and ran out of money. Soon Nick will realized she has almost no clothes and will try to get her shop for some.

The royals when they were looking for Diana paid for everything including Adalind clothes using their credit card to keep control of Adalind. Adalind's the only main character with a history of money issues.

Eve in season 6 was shown without money issues. Instead it showed that Eve did not want to drop the stick/mirror monster issues that is why she was staying with friends.

(04-07-2017, 12:39 PM)Circe27 Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind was working with the royals during her first pregnancy so they probably were easily able to freeze her bank accounts when she escaped at the last minute with Meisner. She had nothing with her when they went to the cabin. Then she went with Kelly, again had nothing with her. After she had the baby, she went to Nick's house, then Renard's, then Monrosalee, she couldn't work and was in hiding. They kidnapped the kid and she called the Royal's begging them to let her be with her baby and they told her she could only come back if she took Nick's grimm away. She did that and went to Austria. Then she got locked up and tortured until she was freed and then they went to Portland to get her kid. She was stuck with the Royal's in the hotel and at that time they wanted Adalind with Diana so it's not like they were going to allow her to get a job. Adalind just went along because she wanted her daughter. At no point during all this was Adalind able to get a job and work. Her only other option was to go on the run while pregnant and just hope Juliette and the royals wouldn't come after her.

Adalind was full term and gave birth in days and had no money how could she go on the run.

She could have given up Kelly for adoption.
I don't think Adalind had much to her name after giving birth to Diana. The only things I'm sure she had was whatever was in Catherine's storage pod. She didn't leave Adalind any money. Adalind was dependant on the royals before she escaped with Meisner. She had a serious lack of resources.

Adalind was telling Nick the truth when she said she had no job and no place to live. She didn't have a nest egg from previous employment. Adalind told Nick she wanted to contribute because she felt like she had to completely depend on Nick at the time.

We would be bringing in real world issues by debating why Adalind didn't have any money when she she appeared to be a successful lawyer. But, the show has outright stated that she didn't have anything going for her in later seasons.