Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Adalind raped Nick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-09-2017, 08:28 PM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 07:45 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 07:30 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 07:19 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I think I'm confused here. Are you saying you agree Adalind took Nick's Grimm out of revenge for taking Diana?
No, absolutely not. Adalind didn't know Nick or the others were even involved when she took Nick's Grimm. She believed Renard when he told her he had to give Diana to Viktor to keep her and himself safe from the Royals.

Because Adalind believed Kelly had left Portland - alone - and couldn't help her get Diana back, she called Viktor and begged him to let her see Diana.

Viktor pretended he actually had Diana, and agreed that Adalind could see her if she took Nick's Grimm.

At that point, Adalind was angry with Renard and if she wanted revenge, it would have been against Renard - not Nick.

So no, Adalind didn't take Nick's Grimm for revenge. She did it so Viktor would allow her to see Diana. If Renard hadn't lied about giving Diana to Viktor, Adalind would not have called Viktor.

If Renard had instead lied that the Resistance came to Portland and took Diana by force, Adalind wouldn't have had any options because she didn't know how to reach anyone in the Resistance.

I'm still not following your logic here. If Adalind didn't take Nick's grimm for revenge why did she tell him she did it because he took Diana?

What's written by Robyn and others are quiet clear tbh. Not sure how clearer it could be. Adalind was not seeking revenge on Nick, she had no idea about the scoobies playing a role with Diana's dissapearance.
The Royals simply needed the Grimm out of thier way dead and done, and had been since S1 as they always saw him to be a threat and a bigger threat being an ally with Saun. So what better way but to use Adalind.
Adalind once again found herself all alone, hatred for Saun for what he did even after she ran to him with Diana from Nick and mother Kelly, thinking Saun was the only person she could trust with thier child. I am sure that was her worst feeling ever. After being told a lie by the one person she felt she could only trust since he was the father of Diana that the Royals took Diana and no one to help get her back, all she had left was to beg the Royals to see/be with her daughter and was ready to do anything for that (mother's instinct), hence the option was given to her to take the Grimm's powers away.

So the picture here is; there was nothing close to an act of revenge of any sort focused on any or one particular person. It was just a mother who was desperately looking for a chance/way to get back her missing child (daughter).

I think you might have misread my comments and thus, misunderstood what I was asking. But, thanks for trying.

Robyn, Mary, rpmaluki-thanks for explaining. I had misunderstood her meaning to Nick. Adalind just didn't phrase it to Nick very well.
(04-09-2017, 08:33 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]I had no sympathy for her at that time. She brought herself in trouble. The child is innocent, of course. But she wouldn't go to Nick when it wasn't for the reason of Juliette. And she has herself to blame for it.

Adalind should never have tried to sell her daughter for her powers and that caused many of these issues and she knows that herself. Adalind never knew their was a way to reverse Nick losing his powers and so did not realize that Juliet would become a hexenbiest. Since the potion causes unexpected side effects is to create connections, it could have acted like antibiotic and cancelled the birth control. Adalind ended connected to Juliette and both them were not able to really improve their own lives until they worked together IMO is due to their connection.
(04-09-2017, 08:43 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind never knew their was a way to reverse Nick losing his powers and so did not realize that Juliet would become a hexenbiest.

When Adalind found out Juliette had become a hexenbiest, she concluded that someone must have helped Nick regain his Grimm. So she not only knew it was possible to restore Nick, but also that doing it would have required using Juliette.
I just read that part of the script. Also of note in that episode, Adalind's demand regarding Juliette: "I want that bitch dead".
(04-09-2017, 08:52 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2017, 08:43 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind never knew their was a way to reverse Nick losing his powers and so did not realize that Juliet would become a hexenbiest.

When Adalind found out Juliette had become a hexenbiest, she concluded that someone must have helped Nick regain his Grimm. So she not only knew it was possible to restore Nick, but also that doing it would have required using Juliette.

"Heartbreaker"
Kenneth asks how her contact with Juliette went recently, and she tells him that Nick is a Grimm again. Kenneth says he was told that she took care of that and Adalind tells him she did, but he figured out a way to undo it. Adalind says she didn't think it was possible, but it explains why Juliette is now a Hexenbiest.

(04-09-2017, 08:58 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I just read that part of the script. Also of note in that episode, Adalind's demand regarding Juliette: "I want that bitch dead".

"Heartbreaker"
Adalind tells him she did, but he figured out a way to undo it. Adalind says she didn't think it was possible, but it explains why Juliette is now a Hexenbiest.
From "Bad Luck" (two episodes earlier):

Renard: Do you know about Juliette?
Adalind: Caught me a little off guard. When did you find out?
Renard: She had nowhere else to turn.
Adalind: Well, isn't that sweet? What'd you tell her?
Renard: Nothing much I could tell her.
Adalind: Oh, you sent her to Henrietta, didn't you? Well, that explains a lot. If this happened to Juliette, that means someone helped Nick become a Grimm again.

It makes perfect sense that Adalind would tell Kenneth that she didn't think it was possible to restore Nick's Grimm. But she was clearly lying to him.
(04-09-2017, 09:12 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]From "Bad Luck" (two episodes earlier):

Renard: Do you know about Juliette?
Adalind: Caught me a little off guard. (Adalind removes her glasses so Sean can see the black eye) When did you find out?
Renard: She had nowhere else to turn.
Adalind: Well, isn't that sweet? What'd you tell her?
Renard: Nothing much I could tell her.
Adalind: Oh, you sent her to Henrietta, didn't you? Well, that explains a lot. If this happened to Juliette, that means someone helped Nick become a Grimm again.

It makes perfect sense that Adalind would tell Kenneth that she didn't think it was possible to restore Nick's Grimm. But she was clearly lying to him (Why do you say that)?.

Nowhere did she say that it could be reversed. She said if it could happen. Maybe Juliette breathing the hat itself was a risk. Plus Adalind does not realize that Sean's mother was the one to do the spell.

Adalind knows that Juliette is a hexenbiest because she beat her up.
Adalind knew that Juliette becoming a hexenbiest meant Nick was a Grimm again. That means she knew how the reversal worked.
(04-09-2017, 09:47 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind knew that Juliette becoming a hexenbiest meant Nick was a Grimm again. That means she knew how the reversal worked.

If doing any major spell meant using the hat then Juliette has a risk of becoming a hexenbiest.

Why would Adalind start a fight with Juliette if she knew there was a chance she was a hexenbiest?

(04-09-2017, 09:47 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]That means she knew how the reversal worked.

Yes, Adalind understood how any reversal would work if it could be done.
Adalind discovered Juliette had become a hexenbiest when they fought. Once she knew that Juliette was a hexenbiest, she knew that Nick was a Grimm again. She knew this because she knew how the reversal would work, which means she knew it was possible and was lying to Kenneth when she told him she didn't think it was.

Unless, maybe, she just meant she didn't think it was possible for them to figure out how to do it.