Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Adalind raped Nick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-05-2017, 02:56 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]The topic of conversation wasn't Nick's feelings for Juliette, it was the imagined preference for the woman that had ruined her life. I don't see how Nick telling Juliette he loved her would have helped. She was believing the absolute worst of his actions and by extension, his feelings because how dare he side with her of all people?

Nick's a detective and most likely prior to that a cop who handled domestic situations. Yet when it comes to his own girlfriend, who's clearly and understandably irate, he fails miserably at using his police training to resolve the situation.
(04-05-2017, 02:52 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2017, 02:46 PM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2017, 02:40 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2017, 02:39 PM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]Just curious, what do you think would be the best judgement to act rationally and intelligently would be for Nick to do to stop a woman who is all out for blood no matter how many people she was ready to kill or harm standing in her way?

How about making a start by taking her part instead of Adalind's?

The only part Nick was taking at that time was to protect the baby who in honesty was innocent. The child need not be in between thier afairs.
He did ask Juliette to calm down and talk about this latter rationally.
To my understanding Juliette felt that child was Evil, a curse and because the child belonged to Nick with Adalind and that mostly seemed to have blown her mind away. After all it was Kenneth who added flame into the frying pan, that Juliette went crazy after he pushed the right botton.

I don't believe for one second that Nick thought Juliette was serious about killing the baby. However, he's got a domestic situation on his hands that's escalating rapidly to the point where Juliette might attack Adalind.

Instead of telling Juliette how he feels about her, Nick did the absolutely asinine thing by taking Adalind's part and telling Juliette to leave.

Do you really believe that if Nick had told Adalind to go into Renard's office and pulled Juliette into a conference room and talked to her that that wouldn't have calmed things down?

(04-05-2017, 02:51 PM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2017, 02:48 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2017, 02:47 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2017, 02:46 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]How, by stepping aside so she could attack Adalind and the baby she claimed was guilty by association?

By telling her. He owed Juliette big time.
Telling her what exactly?

Truly, exactly tell her what and whats the big time he owes her?

Maybe something to the effect of how grateful he is to her for the sacrifice she made for him? Aside from that she was at that time still his girlfriend. Adalind was not.
If there's one thing Juliette resented about Nick, it's him being a grimm. No amount of gratitude in the world would've made up for the fact that she gave him what he wanted against her own wishes and became a monster in return. So far their relationship was categorised with doing what was best for him and she paid the ultimate price for it. She would have cut his head off for that condescension.
(04-05-2017, 02:56 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]The topic of conversation wasn't Nick's feelings for Juliette, it was the imagined preference for the woman that had ruined her life. I don't see how Nick telling Juliette he loved her would have helped. She was believing the absolute worst of his actions and by extension, his feelings because how dare he side with her of all people?

I believe if Nick would talk to Juliette back then it would not be so escalated. As is has.
(04-05-2017, 02:52 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe for one second that Nick thought Juliette was serious about killing the baby. However, he's got a domestic situation on his hands that's escalating rapidly to the point where Juliette might attack Adalind.

Instead of telling Juliette how he feels about her, Nick did the absolutely asinine thing by taking Adalind's part and telling Juliette to leave.

Do you really believe that if Nick had told Adalind to go into Renard's office and pulled Juliette into a conference room and talked to her that that wouldn't have calmed things down?

Before all this happened, Nick has been trying so hard to communicate with Juliette, calling her to sit down and talk with her rationally, but she decided it was better to go bar fighting.
Who in the right mind would want to allow Juliette the "bar/pub loving it fighter" go near Adalind with Nick's child? She was already out of control and ready to harm humans, what stops her from harming a child she showed hatred passionatly all because it was Nick's and Adalind's.

(04-05-2017, 02:52 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe something to the effect of how grateful he is to her for the sacrifice she made for him? Aside from that she was at that time still his girlfriend. Adalind was not.

He already told her he was greatful for getting back his powers when he got them. She knew about it. There was not any reason to repeat it once more.
(04-05-2017, 03:01 PM)Scully1987 Wrote: [ -> ]

I believe if Nick would talk to Juliette back then it would not be so escalated. As is has.

Exactly. It was Nick's treatment of Juliette that exacerbated the situation more than anything else.

(04-05-2017, 03:02 PM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2017, 02:52 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe for one second that Nick thought Juliette was serious about killing the baby. However, he's got a domestic situation on his hands that's escalating rapidly to the point where Juliette might attack Adalind.

Before all this happened, Nick has been trying so hard to communicate with Juliette, calling her to sit down and talk with her rationally, but she decided it was better to go bar fighting.
Who in the right mind would want to allow Juliette the "bar/pub loving it fighter" go near Adalind with Nick's child? She was already out of control and ready to harm humans, what stops her from harming a child she showed hatred passionatly all because it was Nick's and Adalind's.

(04-05-2017, 02:52 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe something to the effect of how grateful he is to her for the sacrifice she made for him? Aside from that she was at that time still his girlfriend. Adalind was not.

He already told her he was greatful for getting back his powers when he got them. She knew about it. There was not any reason to repeat it once more.

When did he thank her for the wonderful thing she did?

Nick was willing to talk to her but she rebuffed allow his attempts until Adalind's pregnant belly showed up. Nick was talking but Juliette wasn't listening or interested in anything he said. Only her rage and imagined slightly mattered. Nick may as well had been invisible.
(04-05-2017, 03:02 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]When did he thank her for the wonderful thing she did?

After the mind blowing sex they had...Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
(04-05-2017, 03:06 PM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2017, 03:02 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]When did he thank her for the wonderful thing she did?

That conversation is too icky for me.
(04-05-2017, 03:06 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]

Nick was willing to talk to her but she rebuffed allow his attempts until Adalind's pregnant belly showed up. Nick was talking but Juliette wasn't listening or interested in anything he said. Only her rage and imagined slightly mattered. Nick may as well had been invisible.

Of course she was in rage - should she be happy on the outcome? She needed a time to get over it - but no, the pregnancy was the icing on the cake.
(04-05-2017, 03:06 PM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]

In other words, never. Nick really is a doofus.