Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Adalind raped Nick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-06-2017, 01:09 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I can see Tara's thought that Adalind decided to go to Nick in an effort to work her way into his life. Adalind knew Juliette was a hexenbiest. Adalind knew Juliette was following her. Adalind knew exactly how Juliette would react when she found out she (Adalind) was about to pop. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Adalind's brain is clicking on how to make this whole situation work for her benefit.

Ken told Adalind how Juliette was going to react since he planned to tell Juliette ahead of time.

Adalind only went to Nick to save the life of her baby despite the fact that Nick was likely to kidnap his son from her. Sean could have turned over the information to Juliette to assist again with killing Adalind. If Juliette had not burned the trailer and/ or set up mama Kelly, then Nick with possible help from Juliette would taken his baby and given him to his mother to watch. That is why Adalind was so unhappy Nick was the father.
(04-06-2017, 01:23 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]She didn't know Viktor was incapable of having children until Kenneth told her.

You just said earlier Viktor would have denied it and that he had nothing but disdain for her. Adalind isn't so stupid she can't see the obvious, that he has disdain for her. She also has to know that he's going to deny sleeping with her since, according to her, she hasn't been with anyone since Nick.

She should have left long ago.
(04-06-2017, 01:20 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2017, 01:17 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2017, 01:09 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]According to what I'm reading, Adalind never had the remotest possibility of convincing Viktor that this was his child. So her desperation should have surfaced long ago. Yet she waits until Kenneth boots her out before hotfooting it to Nick to work on him about the beanie baby.

Adalind left Ken when Ken removed the bodyguard.

Does it matter? The point is Viktor was never going to accept her child as his. She should have hightailed it out of there long ago.

How would she have left with a body guard watching her?
When she was unhappy about who is the father then maybe she should use birth control pill or take protection : ) Or don't sleep with the enemy.
(04-06-2017, 01:28 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2017, 01:09 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]According to what I'm reading, Adalind never had the remotest possibility of convincing Viktor that this was his child. So her desperation should have surfaced long ago. Yet she waits until Kenneth boots her out before hotfooting it to Nick to work on him about the beanie baby.

Does it matter? The point is Viktor was never going to accept her child as his. She should have hightailed it out of there long ago.

I took it she was there of her own free will. She went out to get maternity clothes.
(04-06-2017, 01:34 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2017, 01:28 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]

I took it she was there of her own free will. She went out to get maternity clothes.
Ken had the body guard with her the whole time she shopped.
As far as personal preference, I've always liked both women. When Nick and Juliette were together, I was fully behind them. Her spiral into darkness and apparent demise, were heartbreaking. I had never even considered Nick and Adalind before the end of season 4. But after they were thrown together, I found myself rooting for them. Both of their lives had been shattered and it was rewarding to watch them piece it back together with this baby to unite them. Their relationship is quite unusual in the annals of television. To find themselves so far apart from each other, as hero and villain, only to be drawn together across the span of a series. If you had told me in season 1, that Nick's destiny would be bound to hers in this way, I would have laughed. Even when we found out that she was pregnant with Nick's baby, my mind hadn't gone there yet. What made it enjoyable, was that theirs hadn't either. I genuinely love where both women are at the end of the series. The idea of Eve out in the world, beholden to no one, fighting evil as a Hexenbeist warrior, is awesome. Equally so, is the thought of Adalind, powerful matriarch of the family Grimm, ushering in the next generation and becoming an integral part of a new way of doing things. It's sort of profound that Nick would grow to a point that he could build this with a Hexenbeist. It speaks to the massive cultural shift they've ushered in. As a couple they mean more than just Nick and Adalind. They define the future. And before anyone says, "Juliette is a Hexenbeist to", I would point out that it doesn't mean as much because she wasn't born into it. Adalind had been taught to fear and despise Grimms from day one. And when Nick made his entry into the Grimm fold, the evil of Hexenbeists was one of his first lessons. From that moment in the first episode where we meet them for the first time and they see each other, to the epilogue where we see the family and legacy they've built, is an unending chain. A chain that represented the evolution of the Grimm in modern society.
(04-06-2017, 01:09 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Hell Rell' pid='53999' dateline='1491507297']

Adalind was working Nick to protect her from Juliette and not to hook up with him. It was clear that she fully expected Juliette to take the suppressant. How can she expect to get Nick if she thought he and Juliette would get back together once the suppressant was taken? Adalind even thought Nick would throw her out on the street or worse once he got Juliette back.

According to what I'm reading, Adalind never had the remotest possibility of convincing Viktor that this was his child. So her desperation should have surfaced long ago. Yet she waits until Kenneth boots her out before hotfooting it to Nick to work on him about the beanie baby.

I can see Tara's thought that Adalind decided to go to Nick in an effort to work her way into his life. Adalind knew Juliette was a hexenbiest. Adalind knew Juliette was following her. Adalind knew exactly how Juliette would react when she found out she (Adalind) was about to pop. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Adalind's brain is clicking on how to make this whole situation work for her benefit.

Adalind was clearly desperate when she made a mad scramble to sleep with Viktor. When talking about Adalind, there's plenty of desperation to go around.

There were a couple of problems with Adalind trying to make Viktor the father that she wasn't aware of at the time. The king was replacing Viktor with Kenneth so there was no time to sleep with him. The other problem was Viktor being sterile, which she didn't know, so sleeping with him would've been a waste of time. Adalind tried to convince Kenneth that Viktor was the father because she didn't expect it to be refuted or that he was sterile.

There was a benefit from Nick that Adalind was hoping to get from him. It was the benefit of not being killed by Juliette. Adalind trying to ingratiate herself into Nick's life and take Juliette's place probably would've only been the plot had it been written by a rocket scientist.

There is no way Adalind thought she was going to take the place of Nick's long-standing girlfriend, even if she were having his child.
(04-06-2017, 01:28 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2017, 01:23 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]She didn't know Viktor was incapable of having children until Kenneth told her.

You just said earlier Viktor would have denied it and that he had nothing but disdain for her. Adalind isn't so stupid she can't see the obvious, that he has disdain for her. She also has to know that he's going to deny sleeping with her since, according to her, she hasn't been with anyone since Nick.

Yes I did. Viktor would have denied it for w number of reasons because, 1 - he never slept with her, 2 - he couldn't have kids, Adalind didn't know this until she already tried setting Viktor up as the father.

But say Viktor wasn't infertile, how would she manage to seduce him quick enough to pin the baby on him when he basically hated her and treated her badly since the day she showed up at his gate? If by some miracle she did have sex with him, maybe three/four months into the pregnancy, there'd be the issue of the magical DNA test just to be sure, much like last time. Adalind's lie would have been exposed long before. They made it impossible for her to get away with hiding the baby's paternity.

Adalind claiming Viktor as the father was about buying herself time. She wasn't stupid,she knew her time with the royals was quickly running out fast before they could turn on her and Viktor was a hail Mary that crashed quicker than she could blink.

(04-06-2017, 01:33 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]When she was unhappy about who is the father then maybe she should use birth control pill or take protection : ) Or don't sleep with the enemy.
Said enemy shouldn't have stolen her baby in the first place.
(04-06-2017, 01:41 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2017, 01:28 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes I did. Viktor would have denied it for w number of reasons because, 1 - he never slept with her, 2 - he couldn't have kids, Adalind didn't know this until she already tried setting Viktor up as the father.

But say Viktor wasn't infertile, how would she manage to seduce him quick enough to pin the baby on him when he basically hated her and treated her badly since the day she showed up at his gate? If by some miracle she did have sex with him, maybe three/four months into the pregnancy, there'd be the issue of the magical DNA test just to be sure, much like last time. Adalind's lie would have been exposed long before. They made it impossible for her to get away with hiding the baby's paternity.

Adalind claiming Viktor as the father was about buying herself time. She wasn't stupid,she knew her time with the royals was quickly running out fast before they could turn on her and Viktor was a hail Mary that crashed quicker than she could blink.

(04-06-2017, 01:33 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]When she was unhappy about who is the father then maybe she should use birth control pill or take protection : ) Or don't sleep with the enemy.
Said enemy shouldn't have stolen her baby in the first place.

Adalind could have use birth control pill or take protection - then she wouldn't have her problem back then. And is has nothing to do with Diana.