Grimm Forum

Full Version: Did Adalind raped Nick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-13-2017, 09:12 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2017, 07:48 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind has more than her share of sins. No one is denying this. Neither Nick or Adalind have suddenly forgotten the past and she carries that guilt with her. But what exactly do you want her to do?

She could start by growing a spine. Right off hand, I can think of a couple of statements Adalind has made which she has never followed up on. The first was raising her children right. That's a real nice sentiment, but Adalind herself has never bothered to explain just exactly how she's going to raise her children right. What does right mean to her?

It was mentioned that poor pitiful Adalind has had to endure much at the hands of wire hanger mother Catherine. Okay, so? What exactly has Adalind done that is so completely different from Catherine? In other words, what has she done that's right?

The other thing Adalind made a big deal about was this hexenbiest. The hexenbiest she demanded. She was so terrified that it would take control, she was begging Rosalee not to tell Nick. We all know how that came out.

But if this hexenbiest is such a terror, why then hasn't Adalind done anything about it? For that matter, does it make good sense to use it just because Nick can't think of a better way to force Renard to be truthful? How is that helping Adalind to cope with this internal terror. At least it was an internal terror according to her.

(04-13-2017, 07:48 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]Is she supposed to stop moving forward in her life? Is she supposed to deny herself love and family?

Is she moving forward? It seems to me she's taken a huge step backward. She's relegated to the fome and is Nick's domestic partner who does what he wants. How is that progression for her character?

(04-13-2017, 07:48 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind doesn't like who she was, so she doesn't blame Nick for taking her powers anymore.

She got her powers back so blaming Nick is a moot point. Let's talk about someone a little more valuable to her than Nick; Diana.

I can't believe that a mother who states she's going to raise her children right doesn't house some hatred for the man who kidnapped one of them.

(04-13-2017, 07:48 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]And Nick feels his own guilt for creating the situation that led to Kelly's conception.

He does? I don't recall him expressing any concern over what he did. He certainly hasn't apologized for it.

(04-13-2017, 07:48 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]More than that, how can he hold onto any anger he had toward Adalind, when that moment gave him a son. That's not fair to Kelly.

So she's the Madonna now, because she had a baby?

(04-13-2017, 07:48 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]Both have forgiven each other. They've learned to see each other as something more than their failings or preconceived notions. The harder part has been forgiving themselves, but they're getting there. Because, if they spent their whole lives stuck in the past, how could they ever find a way forward.

Nick can't see past his shoelaces, so finding this so called inner greatness in Adalind is beyond his comprehension. As for spending their lives stuck in the past, if they're raising their children to be grimms, that's a good indication they never got out of the past.

You haven't answered the question why you hate Grimms?
(04-13-2017, 10:09 PM)bart Wrote: [ -> ][quote='irukandji' pid='54933' dateline='1492143164']

You haven't answered the question why you hate Grimms?

I think irukandj means traditional Grimm behavior. If someone is a Grimm they cannot choose not to be a Grimm without serious or even dangerous side effects.
(04-13-2017, 09:25 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind is putting her children first by spending so much with time and making sure they are safe and that is how her character is working towards redemption.

That isn't redemption, that's her job. She gave birth to them, she owes them a safe environment.

(04-13-2017, 09:25 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind has put aside that Sean planned Diana's kidnapping from her and told the scoodies to lie to Adalind about it for her daughter.

She isn't co-habituating with Sean, she's taken up residence with Nick. Nick could have talked his mother out of kidnapping Diana. He didn't. Instead he helped her. Adalind knew he was involved. I can't imagine there isn't some hate for the man deep down. Adalind was lucky she got her daughter back. It could have just as easily gone the other way.

(04-13-2017, 09:25 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]All the characters in Grimm have done terrible things in the show or during their past. Nick being angry at another main character in way that hurts the children would be wrong. Adalind is the hands on caregiver to Kelly and Diana so whatever he does to her he has to take the kids into account.

The statement was that Nick couldn't hold any anger toward Adalind because she gave him a son. Why would Nick be that stupid? I certainly understand loving his boy, that's a fatherly thing. But Adalind didn't do anything special, she gave birth.

(04-13-2017, 09:25 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that raising Kelly, Diana and the triplets as traditional Grimms would be a mistake. Instead, taking positive active role in the wesen community would make more sense such as a newsletter or going away for the summer to learn about wesen in other parts of the world.

Kelly will be a Grimm but Grimms can decide they are part of the wesen world in a positive way to make the world a better place.

It's a total mistake and that's why I question exactly what Adalind meant. She's the mother, it goes back to her. It sounds to me like she simply let Nick decide the fate of the children.
(04-14-2017, 04:58 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]That isn't redemption, that's her job. She gave birth to them, she owes them a safe environment.

Adalind is basically stays in the fome with the kids much of the time for good reason yet many say she is a "winner" and want to change her in a way that would hurt her children.

(04-14-2017, 04:58 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]She isn't co-habituating with Sean, she's taken up residence with Nick. Nick could have talked his mother out of kidnapping Diana. He didn't. Instead he helped her. Adalind knew he was involved. I can't imagine there isn't some hate for the man deep down. Adalind was lucky she got her daughter back. It could have just as easily gone the other way.

During Sean's childhood his mother and him spent hiding from the Royals. The resistance first plan was to help Adalind do that with Diana. Sean is Diana's father therefore he is the one who counts the most. IMO once saw Adalind with the baby he realized he did not want to live on the run and did not want his own mother at risk. IMO I do believe that Sean would never have gave Diana back to Adalind if she had not proved she was a good mother to baby Kelly first. Sean rejected helping Adalind in the car in season 4 showing Adult Kelly had little to do with Sean's view of Adalind raising Diana.

(04-14-2017, 04:58 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]The statement was that Nick couldn't hold any anger toward Adalind because she gave him a son. Why would Nick be that stupid? I certainly understand loving his boy, that's a fatherly thing. But Adalind didn't do anything special, she gave birth.

Adalind is proving that she is good mother which embarrassed the scoobies and made them wish they never helped Sean keep Adalind away so long from Diana.

(04-14-2017, 04:58 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]It's a total mistake and that's why I question exactly what Adalind meant. She's the mother, it goes back to her. It sounds to me like she simply let Nick decide the fate of the children.

Kelly will only be a grimm when he is older so why is Adalind more at fault for their behavior than Nick?
I really wish the most interesting (to me) thread on this site had a title other than "Did Adalind raped Nick?" It looks kind of odd sitting there as a tab heading on my browser.

That's not even counting the grammatical error and the fact I disagree vehemently with the premise of the question. (Firmly in the no faction).

So, when does the series dvd set come out?
(04-14-2017, 08:47 AM)thecdn Wrote: [ -> ]So, when does the series dvd set come out?

June 2017.
I highly doubt Adalind let Nick decide the fate of the children. She doesn't do whatever Nick says. It that were the case, Adalind wouldn't have left the fome to go the mansion. She was pressured but ultimately she put being with Diana and making sure she was okay over Nick's feelings. It was hard for her to do but she put herself in a terrible environment for Diana.

There seems to be some denial that twenty years together doesn't lead to some give and take. I'm pretty sure Adalind put her foot down every now and then and didn't just kowtow to Nick when it came to the children. It's not impossible for Adalind to like that Nick is a Grimm and the kind of Grimm that Kelly turned out to be. Her stuff is in the trailer so I'm sure she gives some input. This isn't some competition between the two.
Twenty years is a long time for things not to change. In S5 and S6 they are learning about each other, and living to together as a family. I assume they continue to grow together as a unit. By twenty years we know they are working actively together, something they barely did in two seasons together.
(04-14-2017, 09:17 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]There seems to be some denial that twenty years together doesn't lead to some give and take. I'm pretty sure Adalind put her foot down every now and then and didn't just kowtow to Nick when it came to the children.

It is normal and general that this will happen. Thats what makes family, any family and I would not expect less from Adalind with Nick.
Remember in S5, Nick and Adalind could not stop Kelly from crying until he saw the light from her phone. Nick said, maybe we should buy him his phone, Adalind replied, umm, not only after 2nd grade. So he does listen, he will listen to her, he loves her for that and he knows she is at her best with these sorts.
(04-14-2017, 08:47 AM)thecdn Wrote: [ -> ]I really wish the most interesting (to me) thread on this site had a title other than "Did Adalind raped Nick?" It looks kind of odd sitting there as a tab heading on my browser.

That's not even counting the grammatical error and the fact I disagree vehemently with the premise of the question. (Firmly in the no faction).

LOL... more than once, someone walking by has commented seeing the heading of the thread, so I'm with you. Big Grin