Grimm Forum

Full Version: The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-03-2017, 03:58 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it was overstepping in the least. Juliette explained what happened right after she said it. Overstepping would have been if she have said Adalind slept with Nick and then didn't bother explaining what happened.

It was still an unfair position to put Nick in because they know what the assumption is going to be when Juliette said he slept with Adalind. I don't think it was Juliette that explained but Nick. I thought she stayed silent after making that statement. It was Nick who said it wasn't what they think then said it wasn't Adalind which was followed by a skeptical "Oh, no?" from Rosalee. Nick would go on to say Adalind somehow made herself look like Juliette and that is what prompted Rosalee to figure out what was going on. The only thing Juliette did during this time was have a shrug that could mean a number of things. I thought it was kind of a "yeah, whatever" shrug but that's up for debate. I thought Juliette handled things much better later that night once Monroe and Rosalee had left.

Honestly, Nick and Juliette typically don't handle things well when the other is the victim of a spell. Nick wasn't too great when he confronted Juliette about lusting after Renard when it was clear it was a side-effect of the cat-scratch.
(05-03-2017, 04:25 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2017, 03:58 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it was overstepping in the least. Juliette explained what happened right after she said it. Overstepping would have been if she have said Adalind slept with Nick and then didn't bother explaining what happened.

It was still an unfair position to put Nick in because they know what the assumption is going to be when Juliette said he slept with Adalind. I don't think it was Juliette that explained but Nick. I thought she stayed silent after making that statement. It was Nick who said it wasn't what they think then said it wasn't Adalind which was followed by a skeptical "Oh, no?" from Rosalee. Nick would go on to say Adalind somehow made herself look like Juliette and that is what prompted Rosalee to figure out what was going on. The only thing Juliette did during this time was have a shrug that could mean a number of things. I thought it was kind of a "yeah, whatever" shrug but that's up for debate. I thought Juliette handled things much better later that night once Monroe and Rosalee had left.

Honestly, Nick and Juliette typically don't handle things well when the other is the victim of a spell. Nick wasn't too great when he confronted Juliette about lusting after Renard when it was clear it was a side-effect of the cat-scratch.

I have to wonder why Nick would feel he's in an uncomfortable position around Monroe and Rosalee. They're part of his clique, not Juliette's. Naturally they would not take things at face value but wait for an explanation, which was immediately forthcoming.

It's obvious they don't listen wholly and completely to Juliette anyway. When she asked them to take their time looking for a cure after Nick lost his grimm, both Monroe and Rosalee ignored her and kept looking anyway.
The idea of them- Monroe and Rosalee- is to continue with the search of the cure but without imposing anything.
(05-03-2017, 07:01 PM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]The idea of them- Monroe and Rosalee- is to continue with the search of the cure but without imposing anything.

I wouldn't say that. Monroe and Rosalee made the decision to keep on looking for a cure, even though Juliette was hesitant about finding a cure and told them that she needed time to think. It was Nick's chance and her chance to have a normal life. Despite asking them to give her a little time, they kept looking anyway. If they found a cure, do you believe they would have gone to her first and told her or would they have gone directly to Nick? My thoughts are they would have gone to Nick and completely ignored Juliette's request.
(05-03-2017, 07:32 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2017, 07:01 PM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]The idea of them- Monroe and Rosalee- is to continue with the search of the cure but without imposing anything.

I wouldn't say that. Monroe and Rosalee made the decision to keep on looking for a cure, even though Juliette was hesitant about finding a cure and told them that she needed time to think. It was Nick's chance and her chance to have a normal life. Despite asking them to give her a little time, they kept looking anyway. If they found a cure, do you believe they would have gone to her first and told her or would they have gone directly to Nick? My thoughts are they would have gone to Nick and completely ignored Juliette's request.

I agree with you. I think Monroe and Rosalee are partly worried that Nick would lose his chance at getting his powers back and they have known him longer.
(05-03-2017, 08:35 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2017, 07:32 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree with you. I think Monroe and Rosalee are partly worried that Nick would lose his chance at getting his powers back and they have known him longer.

I was thinking along this very line yesterday, only I would change it just a bit to:

I think Monroe and Rosalee are partly worried that Nick would lose his chance at getting his powers back and they would lose him. I don't think they ever gave Juliette time to think about it like she asked them to. I like Monroe and Rosalee but that was a low point in both of their characters.
(05-04-2017, 04:47 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking along this very line yesterday, only I would change it just a bit to:

I think Monroe and Rosalee are partly worried that Nick would lose his chance at getting his powers back and they would lose him. I don't think they ever gave Juliette time to think about it like she asked them to. I like Monroe and Rosalee but that was a low point in both of their characters.

I was surprised that the idea of Nick & Juliette getting marry and leaving Portland for a normal life never came up with Juliette in the room when Nick had no powers. Why did Rosalee and Juliette not talk about this? Nick and Monroe talked about it but Nick said he was to upset about losing his grimm to go for it but he did not want to talk about it with Juliette. Since Nick was going to propose again in Blind Ambition, this really does surprise me.
(05-04-2017, 05:49 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]I was surprised that the idea of Nick & Juliette getting marry and leaving Portland for a normal life never came up with Juliette in the room when Nick had no powers. Why did Rosalee and Juliette not talk about this? Nick and Monroe talked about it but Nick said he was to upset about losing his grimm to go for it but he did not want to talk about it with Juliette. Since Nick was going to propose again in Blind Ambition, this really does surprise me.

I think this is what Nick was acknowledging to Adalind at the loft; about not taking chance to live a normal life with Juliette. I think he realized in hindsight he hadn't jumped at the chance to ride off into the sunset with Juliette. He hadn't even seriously considered it as an option at the time.
(05-04-2017, 05:49 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]I was surprised that the idea of Nick & Juliette getting marry and leaving Portland for a normal life never came up with Juliette in the room when Nick had no powers. Why did Rosalee and Juliette not talk about this? Nick and Monroe talked about it but Nick said he was to upset about losing his grimm to go for it but he did not want to talk about it with Juliette. Since Nick was going to propose again in Blind Ambition, this really does surprise me.

Do you think that if no cure was found, Nick would have married Juliette and left Portland?
(05-04-2017, 04:09 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you think that if no cure was found, Nick would have married Juliette and left Portland?

Yes, I do think he would have left Portland with Juliette if both of them wanted marriage and children. For safety reasons, they would have to moved states away where no one would know he used to be a Grimm.