Grimm Forum

Full Version: The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-21-2017, 06:28 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Well, there is a difference. We saw Adalind attempt to murder Marie. It's only speculation with Juliette.

Okay by your argument Adalind 'attempted' to murder aunt Marie. Why say attempt then? I'll answer- because she failed. Sean even reprimanded her for failing. It is speculation to say that aunt Marie won't have died that night or the next, regardless of the fight with the priest. A fight that she won by the way. Aunt Marie killed the assasin! We could also argue that if she didn't have cancer, she won't have died because the assassin didn't kill her did he? But regardless they both have blood on their hands. You just want to argue who has more. There is also no speculation with what Juliette did because she set up Kelly for a deadly battle. Even warning Kenneth to be very prepared and take no chances since Kelly would be hard to defeat. Well Kenneth took her words to heart and Kelly was murdered because of Juliette.

Quote:But that aside, and back to your fantasy aspect. The things these characters have done to one another........none of them are forgiveable and none of them should be having anything to do with one another.

Yes none of them should or would in real life but they did in Grimm. Therefore none of that 'shoulda jazz' matters because they did. Nick forgave Adalind, Adalind forgave Nick. JuliEve forgave Nick, Nick forgave JuliEve. Adalind forgave Julieve, Julieve forgave Adalind. The scoobies forgave Adalind, Adalind forgave the scoobies. Such fun times in Grimmverse. No one carrying any emotional baggage anymore by the show's end. At least none that the writer's wanted to explore.

Eve despite being the meandering, homeless person says she has a purpose (credit goes to rpmulaki or was it Hell Rell?). I even believe her. I say hurrah for her.
Nick ends up with Adalind. He almost went crazy after losing her and this is straight from the horse's mouth. Plus, he was the one who always talked about them like they were a long established couple. He seems like the kinda guy that wants to put a ring on the finger. I say hurrah for them. That Bonaparte ring bothered him so much that he made sure it check that it was gone when the hard reset occurred. Now how did this hard reset occur? I don't know but it just did.
I was happy for this deus ex machina moment because everyone survived. I got the ending I wanted. Hurrah for me. Big Grin

I'm not going to lose any sleep worrying about something the writers' didn't worry about. Just like I didn't lose sleep over Adalind having a c-section and going home the next day. Walking about like that, taking those stairs like it was nothing... unbelievable. Whatever. Actually, this one gets me. I can't let go obviously since this is the second time I've mentioned it. Tongue
(04-21-2017, 03:44 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2017, 03:12 PM)Devegs Wrote: [ -> ]Also, it's not real life. It's just some fantasy/fairytale story for entertainment purposes only. I won't apply anything I see on TV or in movies in real life. Nor do I apply 'real life' to made-up fantasy stories, I use whatever rules they live by in that made-up world to judge the characters.

I would normally agree with a statement like this, but even in the fantasy Grimm land of Portland, there are a lot of conflicting issues that in the long run just don't make a lot of sense. I don't apply anything I see on television to real life either. However, I do apply real life to television because series like Grimm have set up some parameters for their fantasy world that are the same in real life.

Adalind murdered Nick's aunt Marie. Murder occurs in real life. That's a commonality between fantasy and reality. Adalind told Nick she loved him. He took her powers away from her and kidnapped her baby.That is not a commonality between fantasy and reality. The reality of the situation is that she would never forgive him for kidnapping her child. No woman would.

Adalind didn't murder Marie. You can't even attribute any stress caused by the incident to Adalind, because Marie was asleep at the time. Adalind doesn't care about losing her powers anymore because she doesn't like the person she was then. This is also why the issue of the kidnapping doesn't linger for her. Had Diana been hurt, that may not be the case, but she's just fine. Adalind feels her own guilt for the mess surrounding Diana. When she's in that hospital room with Nick, holding baby Kelly for the first time, she's making an active choice to move on from past hurts. Adalind asks Nick not to hate her anymore, for Kelly's sake. In making this plea, she's saying that this is the decision she's already made for herself.
(04-21-2017, 09:20 PM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2017, 03:12 PM)Devegs Wrote: [ -> ]Also, it's not real life. It's just some fantasy/fairytale story for entertainment purposes only. I won't apply anything I see on TV or in movies in real life. Nor do I apply 'real life' to made-up fantasy stories, I use whatever rules they live by in that made-up world to judge the characters.

I would normally agree with a statement like this, but even in the fantasy Grimm land of Portland, there are a lot of conflicting issues that in the long run just don't make a lot of sense. I don't apply anything I see on television to real life either. However, I do apply real life to television because series like Grimm have set up some parameters for their fantasy world that are the same in real life.

Adalind murdered Nick's aunt Marie. Murder occurs in real life. That's a commonality between fantasy and reality. Adalind told Nick she loved him. He took her powers away from her and kidnapped her baby.That is not a commonality between fantasy and reality. The reality of the situation is that she would never forgive him for kidnapping her child. No woman would.

Adalind didn't murder Marie. You can't even attribute any stress caused by the incident to Adalind, because Marie was asleep at the time. Adalind doesn't care about losing her powers anymore because she doesn't like the person she was then. This is also why the issue of the kidnapping doesn't linger for her. Had Diana been hurt, that may not be the case, but she's just fine. Adalind feels her own guilt for the mess surrounding Diana. When she's in that hospital room with Nick, holding baby Kelly for the first time, she's making an active choice to move on from past hurts. Adalind asks Nick not to hate her anymore, for Kelly's sake. In making this plea, she's saying that this is the decision she's already made for herself.

Adalind didn't get a chance to murder Marie because Nick was in the room. She later hired it done and Marie was murdered. I wouldn't say there was no stress though. She caused a great deal of stress.....to Nick.
(04-21-2017, 09:29 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2017, 09:20 PM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]

Adalind didn't get a chance to murder Marie because Nick was in the room. She later hired it done and Marie was murdered. I wouldn't say there was no stress though. She caused a great deal of stress.....to Nick.

Adalind was just a henchwoman for Renard at the time. And Marie was never successfully murdered by anyone. She's was already dying. And as to any stress Nick suffered, he seems to have gotten over it, seeing as how he's nailing Adalind on a regular basis. Now that's what I call stress relief.
If Adalind was so stupid to get involved with it. It was her own discussion to make it - and she was willing to do to it. It's the same with Juliette but with her it's different. I belief, she didn't know it, what she did. And Kenneth took advantage of her.
(04-21-2017, 09:50 PM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind was just a henchwoman for Renard at the time. And Marie was never successfully murdered by anyone. She's was already dying. And as to any stress Nick suffered, he seems to have gotten over it, seeing as how he's nailing Adalind on a regular basis. Now that's what I call stress relief.

Are you saying is Adalind was so stupid she could be conned into a failed hitwoman? That being the case, how could such a woman understand the complexity of forgiveness?
Both were stupid in a way. Both could have recognized the extent. But Kenneth took advantage of Juliette. I also believe Juliette knew nothing about it.
(04-21-2017, 03:16 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]I'll try, to explain it to you Smile When "even" the old Nickliette want to try it and are willing to try the ship the writer need to give them a chance, and make it also acceptable for them, too. But the "I love you" and the sleeping part was too soon after everything. And since then I have a problem with Nadalind to be honest. I have really try to give it a chance but now I just despise and hate Nadalind.

And it doesn't matter if Eve doesn't want anything from Nick anymore. I'm as fan still disappointed about the development of Nadalind.

I have to agree. Adalind's I love you spoke of desperation, seemed very calculated and manipulative, one excuse that seems plausible is simply hormones after having a baby.

Any I love you from Nick would be very, very premature. Moreover Nick would need a rare type of independent strength that he has never manifested over any of the seasons of Grimm to get around the Renard's cuckold problem of being a laughing stock. Does anyone who understands badges think anyone other than Hank is going to ever back-up Nick? And the reality is, Hank would feel a great deal of pressure to distance himself from Nick, to the point he likely would. Remember Renard was on TV with Adalind, everyone saw it.

The only way Nick remains a cop with Adalind as his woman, is if he leaves Portland for a city they are unknown in and far enough that a whisper campaign doesn't begin.
Nobody outside of Nick's circle knew about him and Adalind being together. Sean is the one who appeared in public with her and "their" children but now she's "left" him for a lowly detective, Renard is the cuckold of the two as Portland will see it.
If Nick and Adalind would be so in love as the Nadalind shipper want to have it why does the two doesn't show it in Public?!? If a couple is really in Love they would to the whole world.