Grimm Forum

Full Version: The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nick and Adalind hid away at the loft after Nick's mother's death and the birth of their son, they didn't want to publicise anything. Nick's friends, HW, Sean and BC knew about them being together. There's really no need to broadcast it to the world when there's people trying to hurt them and would want to hurt their child.
(04-21-2017, 05:05 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I wish everyone would quit acting like Adalind is some wooden head who only does what she's told and so has no responsibility for her actions. Renard told her to kill Marie. She proceeded to kill Marie. That makes her a murderer.

Marie was in the hospital due to an earlier attack that due to the terminal cancer was likely never to recover so ME would have determine which cause of death is most important.

Sean, Adalind and the priest were all responsible for what happen except Sean paid for it and gave the orders so he would get the longest sentence.

(04-21-2017, 04:57 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]I don't mean Diana. Diana is his daugther. I mean Kelly. It could be possible that he is Seans too.

Why do you believe that Sean's son would be a Grimm?
(04-21-2017, 10:11 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2017, 09:50 PM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind was just a henchwoman for Renard at the time. And Marie was never successfully murdered by anyone. She's was already dying. And as to any stress Nick suffered, he seems to have gotten over it, seeing as how he's nailing Adalind on a regular basis. Now that's what I call stress relief.

Are you saying is Adalind was so stupid she could be conned into a failed hitwoman? That being the case, how could such a woman understand the complexity of forgiveness?

Adalind was infatuated with Renard and wanted to please him. (Call it Daddy issues.) She was never conned into anything. This was the woman she was expected to be. The version of herself, modeled on her mother. Loyal to powerful men who could best be described as users. It's Hexenbeist nature, and that influence is in full effect for her at this point. Adalind's mother basically fit the Grimm Journal's definition of the Hexenbeist. She went all in on that preconception. And her goal was to shape a daughter into a replica of herself. When we meet Adalind, she's completely drunk the Kool-Aid. And the Beist within feeds that nature. Psychologically, she's in no place to even want or feel the need for forgiveness at that point. The road to the woman she is now, is a long one. When we leave Nick and Adalind, she's not even remotely that old version of herself anymore.
When we meet her, she was also working off her mother's debt with Renard. I think she'd known Renard for a while and had been infatuated with him. She was loyal to Renard until he ditched her.
(04-21-2017, 11:17 PM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]I have to agree. Adalind's I love you spoke of desperation, seemed very calculated and manipulative, one excuse that seems plausible is simply hormones after having a baby.

Any I love you from Nick would be very, very premature. Moreover Nick would need a rare type of independent strength that he has never manifested over any of the seasons of Grimm to get around the Renard's cuckold problem of being a laughing stock. Does anyone who understands badges think anyone other than Hank is going to ever back-up Nick? And the reality is, Hank would feel a great deal of pressure to distance himself from Nick, to the point he likely would. Remember Renard was on TV with Adalind, everyone saw it.

The only way Nick remains a cop with Adalind as his woman, is if he leaves Portland for a city they are unknown in and far enough that a whisper campaign doesn't begin.

Sean was the one who quit being Mayor to the people of Portland. He would be under pressure to leave the city. The Scooby gang including Eve have become very close friends. Eve and Adalind were both proud of each other. There is no pressure on Nick or the scooby gang except Sean. HW, BC and local politicians all could have negative views of him. Sean's mistress being murdered, even though he got off, could prevent him from ever entering politics again. The death of the campaign manager Sean ordered killed is an issue that could come up to.

I watched all of season 6.
(04-21-2017, 11:17 PM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone who understands badges think anyone other than Hank is going to ever back-up Nick? And the reality is, Hank would feel a great deal of pressure to distance himself from Nick, to the point he likely would.

Let me fill you in on what happened in S6, since you didn't watch and have to speculate on what actually happened in the show. When Nick returned to work (Grimm's Portland Police Dept) after being a fugitive he was given a hero's welcome at his precinct. As soon as he walked in (with Hank), the whole department/floor burst into applause and people came over to congratulate them. Nick was the focus of course, it's Grimm after all. I doubt that anyone in the make-believe Portland Police department has anything but admiration for Nick and Hank. They solve cases in grimmverse.

Quote:Any I love you from Nick would be very, very premature. Moreover Nick would need a rare type of independent strength that he has never manifested over any of the seasons of Grimm to get around the Renard's cuckold problem of being a laughing stock...
The only way Nick remains a cop with Adalind as his woman, is if he leaves Portland for a city they are unknown in and far enough that a whisper campaign doesn't begin.

Let me take a stab at the conversation by the water cooler at Nick's precinct...

Hey Joe, you know Nick's old lady? Apparently she had something with the Captain some time ago before Nick, nothing serious. They were fooling around but she got pregnant for the Captain and they had a daughter. After that she and Nick hooked up and they also had a child together. Apparently, the Captain then wanted her back after she had been with Nick. Seems like she even went back to the Captain because when he was running for Mayor, they were on TV together. He introduced her as the love of his life and the mother of his kids.
Joe: But I thought they had one kid together.
Yeah, but that's what he said on TV even though the second kid, the boy, is Nick's. She apparently left the Captain after that and went back to Nick with the kids.
Joe: No kidding! This is all so crazy. That son of a gun, she left the Captain for Nick!
I've seen almost the whole season - except the last two episodes. The Series is finished for me with the conversation between Nick and Juliette. On the crap with Nadalind no interest on that nonsense. I watched the video on Youtube. And I must confess, as Nick told Adalind he loves her, it was disgusting. When Nadalind kissing I felt sick and I needed to look away. It was implausible. And I did not believe a single word from what Nick said.
(04-22-2017, 12:59 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen almost the whole season - except the last two episodes. The Series is finished for me with the conversation between Nick and Juliette. On the crap with Nadalind no interest on that nonsense. I watched the video on Youtube. And I must confess, as Nick told Adalind he loves her, it was disgusting. When Nadalind kissing I felt sick and I needed to look away. It was implausible. And I did not believe a single word from what Nick said.

Grimm 6x13 Eve, Nick scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERuv4SePa-0
(04-22-2017, 10:49 AM)Devegs Wrote: [ -> ]Let me fill you in on what happened in S6, since you didn't watch and have to speculate on what actually happened in the show. When Nick returned to work (Grimm's Portland Police Dept) after being a fugitive he was given a hero's welcome at his precinct. As soon as he walked in (with Hank), the whole department/floor burst into applause and people came over to congratulate them. Nick was the focus of course, it's Grimm after all. I doubt that anyone in the make-believe Portland Police department has anything but admiration for Nick and Hank. They solve cases in grimmverse.

I watched that scene and I have to say, I found it to be so outlandishly fake as to be laughable. First, why would any of these cops have any sort of admiration for Nick? You say it's because they solve cases in grimmverse. Yet it was Wu who pointed out the opposite, that the vast majority of Nick's cases were unsolved. I believe Renard who shooed Wu from snooping further. Not to mention the doctoring of reports, and the fact that Nick was never ever put on administrative leave due to his high kill rate. Second, who in the precinct besides Nick and Hank knows about wesen to voice any admiration? Third, and I'm just speculating here, but I would imagine there'd be a lot of resentment and suspicion toward Nick because of favoritism from the Captain. Fourth, when have any of the men in blue besides Wu ever given Nick the time of day? He's a loner and doesn't hang out with anyone else besides Hank and Wu, and even then, it's not personal but in relation to his grimm issues.

(04-22-2017, 07:01 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind was infatuated with Renard and wanted to please him. (Call it Daddy issues.) She was never conned into anything. This was the woman she was expected to be. The version of herself, modeled on her mother. Loyal to powerful men who could best be described as users. It's Hexenbeist nature, and that influence is in full effect for her at this point. Adalind's mother basically fit the Grimm Journal's definition of the Hexenbeist. She went all in on that preconception. And her goal was to shape a daughter into a replica of herself. When we meet Adalind, she's completely drunk the Kool-Aid. And the Beist within feeds that nature. Psychologically, she's in no place to even want or feel the need for forgiveness at that point. The road to the woman she is now, is a long one. When we leave Nick and Adalind, she's not even remotely that old version of herself anymore.

Well that's a lovely sentiment, but in reality, Adalind's been a failure from day one. She could have been a dynamic evil character, but the creative giants at Grimm didn't know how to write a woman who actually could think on her own. So what did they do? Turned Adalind from evil woman dependent on a man into a domestic mouse, dependent on Nick. So you're right, she's not even remotely the old version of herself. The new version is worse than the old one.
(04-22-2017, 07:20 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2017, 11:17 PM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]I have to agree. Adalind's I love you spoke of desperation, seemed very calculated and manipulative, one excuse that seems plausible is simply hormones after having a baby.

Any I love you from Nick would be very, very premature. Moreover Nick would need a rare type of independent strength that he has never manifested over any of the seasons of Grimm to get around the Renard's cuckold problem of being a laughing stock. Does anyone who understands badges think anyone other than Hank is going to ever back-up Nick? And the reality is, Hank would feel a great deal of pressure to distance himself from Nick, to the point he likely would. Remember Renard was on TV with Adalind, everyone saw it.

Sean was the one who quit being Mayor to the people of Portland. He would be under pressure to leave the city. The Scooby gang including Eve have become very close friends. Eve and Adalind were both proud of each other. There is no pressure on Nick or the scooby gang except Sean. HW, BC and local politicians all could have negative views of him. Sean's mistress being murdered, even though he got off, could prevent him from ever entering politics again. The death of the campaign manager Sean ordered killed is an issue that could come up to.

I watched all of season 6.

(04-22-2017, 10:49 AM)Devegs Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2017, 11:17 PM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone who understands badges think anyone other than Hank is going to ever back-up Nick? And the reality is, Hank would feel a great deal of pressure to distance himself from Nick, to the point he likely would.

Let me fill you in on what happened in S6, since you didn't watch and have to speculate on what actually happened in the show. When Nick returned to work (Grimm's Portland Police Dept) after being a fugitive he was given a hero's welcome at his precinct. As soon as he walked in (with Hank), the whole department/floor burst into applause and people came over to congratulate them. Nick was the focus of course, it's Grimm after all. I doubt that anyone in the make-believe Portland Police department has anything but admiration for Nick and Hank. They solve cases in grimmverse.

Quote:Any I love you from Nick would be very, very premature. Moreover Nick would need a rare type of independent strength that he has never manifested over any of the seasons of Grimm to get around the Renard's cuckold problem of being a laughing stock...

Let me take a stab at the conversation by the water cooler at Nick's precinct...

Hey Joe, you know Nick's old lady? Apparently she had something with the Captain some time ago before Nick, nothing serious. They were fooling around but she got pregnant for the Captain and they had a daughter. After that she and Nick hooked up and they also had a child together. Apparently, the Captain then wanted her back after she had been with Nick. Seems like she even went back to the Captain because when he was running for Mayor, they were on TV together. He introduced her as the love of his life and the mother of his kids.
Joe: But I thought they had one kid together.
Yeah, but that's what he said on TV even though the second kid, the boy, is Nick's. She apparently left the Captain after that and went back to Nick with the kids.
Joe: No kidding! This is all so crazy. That son of a gun, she left the Captain for Nick!

You both missed the point, entirely. For many of us, the trouble Grimm ran into was the writing, in the way they developed the relationships between the characters in a way that is incongruent with relationships in real life.

This is an example. It doesn't matter if everyone if patting Nick and Hank on the back, that could happen in real life and so would the whisper campaign about Nick 5 minutes later.

Like it or not, and it is in large part playing out in real life right now, the police force is still a culture of machismo. While a lot of last two generations of young men may have been greatly feminized by society, it really is only starting in the police forces throughout the county now. In 20 years it might be believable but right now, no way.