Grimm Forum

Full Version: The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do think Nick had been thinking about having sex with Adalind and she gave him an opening he wanted. Sex with her at the time didn't carry the emotional weight it would when being in an actual relationship with her but it wasn't meaningless either. Her being Kelly's mother was an excuse that made sense to him. Later in the season after he finds out she's a hexenbiest again, sleeping with Adalind was about her and not her being Kelly's mother. Nick as a grimm should have balked at the idea of having sex with a hexenbiest (especially her) but he didn't because his feelings for Adalind had evolved past her being Kelly's mom. She was finally her own person and not an appendage. Things continue to evolve between them when she finally confesses but she leaves him immediately after that and Nick loses his mind as a result. Nick's never been good at expressing himself. He talked a lot about getting Kelly back but what little he does express about Adalind reveals how deeply hurt he is by her leaving him and he only tells this to the people he's closest to, Monroe, Rosalee and Trubel. In S6 sex with Adalind now carries the appropriate deep emotional quotient that was missing the night before he left for Germany.
(04-28-2017, 10:30 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]Think what you want to think but I don't buy the Nadalind story.

???????????

I was trying to agree with Robyn and Izzy that Nick jumped into this even though Adalind was clear she wanted a relationship. What has that got to do with the Nadalind story from your point of view?
(04-28-2017, 07:08 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2017, 06:59 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2017, 06:55 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2017, 06:13 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think male fantasy involves being injured. With Nick sex was just that until he realised it hurt Juliette not being able to tell the difference. Had it only been about the sex and not the removal of his ability that's the extent of injury Nick would apply to the incident. He felt no personal injury once he realised it was Adalind and it was only for Juliette. If we are talking male fantasy in this case it could be about an innate desire to have sex with someone that wasn't their partner, not being injured after fulfilling such a fantasy. I'm not a man so I can't be accurate in my limited assessment. Nick sleeping with Juliette as Adalind does more in showing this supposed fantasy that Nick perhaps harboured in his subconscious. The personal injury he felt in losing his power is treated as something completely removed from the emotional injury that "He" caused Juliette. I don't even remember Nick being angry about it in the way Adalind was after he killed her hexenbiest. He just seemed sad and bereft like he lost a limb and he was now trying to figure out how to live without but still experienced the effects of a phantom limb that kept him from fully accepting his powerlessness. Adalind spoke about her regrets about what she did to him and Nick said it was an opportunity she gave him to live a normal life. It still sounds as though he doesn't accept the personal injury Adalind dealt him, not even when it's pointed out to him in some capacity.

Edit: This is even more illuminating on Nick's character when you look at his answer when Adalind asks him where their first kiss was. The first answer is the correct one, the kiss in the loft but in Nick's mind he's already reassigned their "kiss" in the Bremen Ruins from S1. Adalind corrects him that it wasn't a kiss but I doubt it registered to him.

So do you believe that if Nick turned the situation around and asked when was the first time they made love, Adalind would reply 'in the fome' rather than 'in your bed?'
Absolutely.

To be honest, based on the answers, I would give Nick points for being honest. In his mind, it was a kiss that took place in the Bremen Ruins, just as it was in his mind that he was making love to Juliette in his bedroom.
I forgot to reply to this but I agree that at the time when Adalind, disguised as Juliette, in Nick's mind, he was making love to Juliette his girlfriend. Once he knows the truth it no longer applies because it was never Juliette, he was simply having sex with Adalind. The emotional attachment was for Juliette and only as long as he believed it was Juliette. This is different when he's sleeping with Juliette disguised as Adalind. He knows the truth from the get go so the lines are a bit blurry between who he's having sex with versus making love.

(04-28-2017, 10:39 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2017, 10:30 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]Think what you want to think but I don't buy the Nadalind story.

???????????

I was trying to agree with Robyn and Izzy that Nick jumped into this even though Adalind was clear she wanted a relationship. What has that got to do with the Nadalind story from your point of view?
I honestly don't understand why Nick did that if he wasn't looking for a relationship. Adalind had laid all the cards on the table basically and without feeling the same, it was callous of him to take things as far as they did.

I've always maintained that if Nick didn't like Adalind in any way at all he would never foster a romantic relationship with her. If all he wanted before Germany was the sex, the morning after was the perfect opportunity for him to draw the between them and keep things between them clear and simple. He had that flashback to their fight in the Bremen Ruins but at the same time he was caressing Adalind. Adalind was already head over heels but Nick chose to jump into a relationship with her and continue in it after her hexenbiest reveal. It only ended when she moved out but that didn't last long either. I think the show did a better job of showing Nick's albeit it clumsy progression in his relationship with Adalind and his feelings for her than they did with Adalind. It's like she woke up one morning and discovered she had deep feelings for Nick, but how when, why?

???????????

I mean with that: The ones who like the the storyline of Nadalind should enjoy it. But I don't buy it.
(04-28-2017, 10:53 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]

???????????

I mean with that: The ones who like the the storyline of Nadalind should enjoy it. But I don't buy it.

IMO viewers can talked about what is happening with or without agreeing with it.
Yes that's true but I want to explain why I don't buy it. I need to admit, I am a big Nickliette shipper. I like Nick and Adalind as character but I can't them together. And for me it's hard to accept that is the woman who did all the things. From all the woman on the world - Adalind. Is now the woman on his side? Sorry, I can't buy it.

I just wonder where comes the feelings from? It was to soon after everything that happened. It first I had tried to accept it and even to like it. But after the first kiss and the I love you of Adalind. It was finish. Excuse me, but it didn't work, and I stoped to even consider them as couple. Again, don't get me wrong - As I said I like Nick and Adalind as character but I can't them together.

That's why I say now: The ones who like the the storyline of Nadalind should enjoy it. But I don't buy it.
(04-28-2017, 10:10 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]IMO Nick is justifying his actions by saying Adalind is a great mother to their son for why he can sleep with her without feeling any need to tell Adalind anything about his feelings for her.

Just to clarify, in my book, that makes him a anal orifice. Sort out your feelings and communicate how you feel before you plant your seed in a woman's lady garden. Sheesh...
(04-28-2017, 11:12 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]That's why I say now: The ones who like the the storyline of Nadalind should enjoy it. But I don't buy it.

If you believe something happens that is not Adalind's fault in Grimm or criticizes how Nick treats Adalind at some point in Grimm does that make someone a Nadalind shipper in your view? What is your definition of a Nadalind shipper?
If I had known how it will evolved between Nick and Adalind - I would not have watch the last few seasons. If I had known it before, with these prerequisites, I would have been finish with the series long time ago. But then came Eve back and I was like - yeah give it another try.

And yes I am offended, that was a slap into Nickliette shipper faces. That's why I said: The ones who like the storyline of Nadalind should enjoy it. But I don't buy it.
I have not regretted seeing the end of the series. But I need to say I am not really satisfied with the Nickliette vs. Adalind slap in the face. I think it would have been better if the shipper would have decided for themselves - whom Nick chose...