Grimm Forum

Full Version: The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-21-2017, 05:09 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Even Elizabeth mentioned Adalind's sluttiness when she concocted the spell to give Nick his grimm back. There's no doubt, Adalind was a slut.
How much credibility does the woman who had an affair with the King have, other than understanding slutty behavior from hands-on experience. Is there any reason to believe Elizabeth wanted a relationship with Frederick other than his power & financial status? Elizabeth judging Adalind is akin to Eve the Hexenbiest warning Nick he can’t trust Adalind the Hexenbiest - pot / kettle. I didn’t see any indication that Elizabeth was disappointed with the man Renard became - using & endangering others to achieve his goals.

syscrash commented in an older discussion that the show used sex outside a committed a relationship to distinguish between good character and bad character. Juliette had sex with Renard and Kenneth during her ‘bad girl’ time. Which makes sense considering Adalind’s attire when with Nick and Renard was blaringly different, and once becoming a ‘good girl’ only wanted to have sex with Nick/in a committed relationship. It’s the equivalent of holding a sign over the women’s heads to identify their current position.

If we're using the criteria that sex within a commited relationship is not indicative of a slut, than Elizabeth may not have been a slut at all. She may have very well been committed to the relationship. Would she still be a slut if Frederick wasn't committed to the relationship?
(04-21-2017, 05:21 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]If we're using the criteria that sex within a commited relationship is not indicative of a slut, than Elizabeth may not have been a slut at all. She may have very well been committed to the relationship. Would she still be a slut if Frederick wasn't committed to the relationship?

Elizabeth is the mother of Sean and both of them seemed not interested in marriage as a committed relationship. Elizabeth's negative remarks about Adalind did show to us that she had no interest in Sean have any kind of relationship with Adalind.

Right from the start Sean wanted to continue havings affairs while he planned to have fake Adalind wife. Sean was embarrassed in front of Diana about his relationship with Adalind but otherwise showed no interest in her as women except as a "slut". Frederick did not care if Elizabeth or Sean lived or not.
(04-21-2017, 05:21 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]If we're using the criteria that sex within a commited relationship is not indicative of a slut, than Elizabeth may not have been a slut at all. She may have very well been committed to the relationship. Would she still be a slut if Frederick wasn't committed to the relationship?
If we accept the show’s interpretation - yes. Elizabeth entered into an affair with a married man. Our knowledge of Elizabeth is mostly garnered indirectly through our knowledge of Renard, who uses and manipulates others for personal gain. Is that a trait he developed separately from Elizabeth, or is he following his mother’s method?

Frederick would have protected Elizabeth and Renard if he was committed to her and his son. So the question is - did Elizabeth believe she was in a committed/loving relationship or only using the sexual relationship for personal benefit. The show’s depiction of Hexenbiest suggests the latter. Either way, her relationship with Frederick is sufficiently similar to Adalind’s relationship with Renard that either both are considered sluts or both aren’t.
Did nothing for them while the queen lived.She was the one who sent her people to kill them,it could be because it was a "WESEN".It would not have been a big deal if it had been human-Elizabeth-Although the queen would not have allowed a bastard king.There have always been "real intrigues and murders".
Elizabeth decided to go to the United States perhaps because there is no royalty and also because in Portland lived
Henriette.
(04-21-2017, 04:54 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2017, 07:38 PM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2017, 05:09 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]How do you suppose Nick could give Juliette's car to Adalind? If it's Juliette's car, how can he give it to anyone? It's her car.

He kind of thought she was dead. And I don't think Eve really cared when she came back. Now that she's a little closer to her old self, it may be a different matter. They don't really address it one way or the other. How did she get around when she was working for Hadrian's Wall? Maybe she still has access to that means of transportation.

That's not what I meant. The car title would have been in Juliette's name. Nick just can't give it away to anyone.

I'm not sure how that would work in the case of death. There must be some means by which a title would change hands, but I can't say I have any such experience. They may have simply been skirting the legalities on this matter. If Eve reclaimed her car, I guess it becomes a moot point. Though I wonder whether Juliette was ever declared legally dead. I can't recall it being mentioned.
(04-21-2017, 08:48 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2017, 04:54 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2017, 07:38 PM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2017, 05:09 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]How do you suppose Nick could give Juliette's car to Adalind? If it's Juliette's car, how can he give it to anyone? It's her car.

He kind of thought she was dead. And I don't think Eve really cared when she came back. Now that she's a little closer to her old self, it may be a different matter. They don't really address it one way or the other. How did she get around when she was working for Hadrian's Wall? Maybe she still has access to that means of transportation.

That's not what I meant. The car title would have been in Juliette's name. Nick just can't give it away to anyone.

I'm not sure how that would work in the case of death. There must be some means by which a title would change hands, but I can't say I have any such experience. They may have simply been skirting the legalities on this matter. If Eve reclaimed her car, I guess it becomes a moot point. Though I wonder whether Juliette was ever declared legally dead. I can't recall it being mentioned.

Juliette was never legality dead. Nick could have been the one paying the insurance anyway. Adalind was only using the car and the title never changed.
LOL ........ good .... Whatever they did i would have totally helped them if i could.. The minute i first saw them together in the first episode i despised that pairing and Juliette. She was nice and simple enough but honestly compared to that incredible world we were exposed to was always an outsider with not a whole hell of alot to contribute. What was forced was trying to include her by making her a powerful Hexenbeist .. It was as if the writers were desperately trying to help her character gain more popularity by giving her more of a reason to be there other than be a victim and it fell flat so they killed her , tried to bring her back with that phoney La femme nikita secret agent set up and again suuuper lame ... Eventually giving up entirely .. That couple didn't work .. It didnt really occur to me how bad until they started putting Nick and Adalind in scenes ... I have no issues or qualms with saying that breaking Nick and Juliette up was the best decision the writers could have made....

woo woo Nadalind !
The stupid discussion was to bring Nick and Adalind together! It's just disgusting and not believable. I just despise and hate Nadalind. As single characters I like Nick and Adalind but not a couple. Adalind, is only the consolation prize.
If Nick would have tell her sooner, I would have accept it. He had so many occasion but never did he say the three words. And it's my opinion that Adalind is just the runner-up.
I speculate Nick not telling her until he did was done mainly for dramatic effect. It was meant to be this huge moment in the penultimate episode and one of the last things we would remember from Nick.

Besides, the way things ended with Juliette and his history with Adalind would make it likely he wouldn't be so quick to utter those words again. If anything, I felt Adalind said it too quickly rather than Nick saying it too late.
Yes, I have tried to give Nadalind a chance - at the beginning it was sweet between them.

But then the I love you from Adalind it was to soon after everything and that's where my problem starts with the ship.

Since then I can't be friends with the ship anymore.