Grimm Forum

Full Version: The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-13-2017, 08:59 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2017, 08:24 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]What people were complaining about Juliette/Eve chowing major plots and screen time from Nick?

On SpoilerTV comments there were posters complaining about Eve/Juliette screen time. I really like Eve/Juliette so I am happy with the Eve/Juliette season 6 theme and I would watch a spinoff of Trubel and Eve/Juliette as leads. IMO Rosalee or Adalind would need a time jump into order for the kids to be old enough for them to get out again.

So what? They've a bunch of anonymous posters who have no sayso on anything. The way the statement was made, I thought it was some honcho at NBC who complained, not a bunch of nobodies.
(04-13-2017, 09:15 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2017, 08:24 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]What people were complaining about Juliette/Eve chowing major plots and screen time from Nick?

On SpoilerTV comments there were posters complaining about Eve/Juliette screen time. I really like Eve/Juliette so I am happy with the Eve/Juliette season 6 theme and I would watch a spinoff of Trubel and Eve/Juliette as leads. IMO Rosalee or Adalind would need a time jump into order for the kids to be old enough for them to get out again.

So what? They've a bunch of anonymous posters who have no sayso on anything. The way the statement was made, I thought it was some honcho at NBC who complained, not a bunch of nobodies.

Noone from NBC has complained as far as I know.
(04-13-2017, 05:20 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Forum,
Then as Eve, she improved to number four behind Adalind, Monroe and Nick in this top ten list:
https://www.thetoptens.com/best-grimm-ch...tv-series/
The show is over, the set been has sold at auction, the cast and crew have moved on.
Best!
New Guy

The 3rd link is very interesting. and I believe this is just one of many sites like this. Adalind had less air-time but had most viewers and votes.
She actualy had a great story line tbh. From nemesis to Nick, to loosing everything she thought was close to her like her mother, her powers. Then the baby Diana, the experience she had with the Royals and back to Nick's world once again.
It continues - loosing her child again, going in search for her, and then carrying a new child.
Then comes the redemtion part, the change, the life settling and motherly love. All she lost in the beginning of her nemesis time, she gained back when redeemed. To her, her life came back full circle.

Eve/Juliette's was like a never ending maze of lost direction. And I could not agree more with the Juliettes/Eves detail....

''She refused his wedding proposal, she never accepted him as a cop, then never accepted him as a Grimm, laughed in his face when he told her he loved her, went behind Nick's back to get Monroe and Rosalie to stop looking for a way to get Nick's Grimm back, betrayed his mother, trapped her and stood there with her super hexanbeast powers and did nothing while listening to Kenneth kill Nick's mom, tried to force Nick to kill Monroe, hit Rosalie, slept with two of Nick's enemies,would have killed nick if Trouble hadn't intervened, never apologized for what she did, when she came back took no responsibility for her actionsM
Well, she's not boring anymore. I like her character. It would be fun to watch them as a couple and not separated.M+1
I can see the Nadalind fans are strong here with their delusional hate. I like Juliette because she was unselfish and put her friend's happiness over her own when she helped get Nick his powers back.M+2
Better not be back at the end of season 5 going into season 6''
(04-13-2017, 09:45 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2017, 09:15 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

Noone from NBC has complained as far as I know.

Right. So who cares if some nobodies on some website complain?
(04-14-2017, 02:10 AM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2017, 05:20 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Forum,
Then as Eve, she improved to number four behind Adalind, Monroe and Nick in this top ten list:
https://www.thetoptens.com/best-grimm-ch...tv-series/
The show is over, the set been has sold at auction, the cast and crew have moved on.
Best!
New Guy
The 3rd link is very interesting. and I believe this is just one of many sites like this. Adalind had less air-time but had most viewers and votes.
Above IMO this is a perfect example of a web based non-scientific poll that encourages viewers to make short negative statements.

When G&K requested essays answers to yahoo questions, I am guessing some viewers spent more time and thought out their answers.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/grimm-ask-the-f...33469.html

YAhoo Question: Who did you want Nick to end up with — Adalind or Eve/Juliette?

DAVID GREENWALT AND JIM KOUF RESPOND: Greenwalt knew this question would mobilize Grimmaniacs and both guessed that Adalind would win the popularity contest, but they didn’t think it would be by such a landslide. “I know there are some rabid Juliette/Eve folks out there because I hear from them,” Greenwalt said. “Guess she did some bad things, but it wasn’t really her fault.”

The ire toward Juliette is something they were aware of, as is people’s belief that Adalind raped Nick. “There’s a very modern, cutting-edge issue for ya. You have to remember that Nick was there to protect his son before he fell for Adalind,” Greenwalt said. “There’s a line in ‘Blind Love’ where Eve says under the influence that [Adalind] had the baby they should have had. But there is a scene coming up where Nick and Juliette are talking about how everybody changed drastically in the course of six years, and it goes into larger issues than who did what to whom. Is happiness or having a purpose the point? Would you go back if you could to some more innocent time? Probably not. That’s a big life lesson. You get your nicks and scratches, but you go forward.”

DAVID GREENWALT AND JIM KOUF END:
(04-14-2017, 04:57 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]IMO this is a perfect example of a web based non-scientific poll that encourages viewers to make short negative statements.

A non-scientific poll that encourages viewers to make short negative statements.

These two have absolutely nothing better to do, it's obvious. No wonder the show was floundering. Instead of spending quality time on it, they were conducting nonsense polls that went nowhere.
The show was doing better than anyone expected at this stage, I believe the real issue is that they all got tired of the show and wanted to speed track it to its conclusion. At this stage, NBC will never find a replacement on par with the show where it ended (S6 ratings vs S1 ratings).
It's obvious they didn't care about the show if they're conducting idiot polls that encourage negative statements.
They were encouraging comments, whether good or negative. They expected both.

And how much of that poll at the end of the show actually had an effect apart from the missing aliens? (I know the poll and the "aliens" interview are separate but they both happened towards the end).
It doesn't matter what kind of comments they were encouraging, they were having a laugh at audience expense.