Grimm Forum

Full Version: The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-21-2017, 12:00 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]The stupid discussion was to bring Nick and Adalind together! It's just disgusting and not believable. I just despise and hate Nadalind. As single characters I like Nick and Adalind but not a couple. Adalind, is only the consolation prize.
If Nick would have tell her sooner, I would have accept it. He had so many occasion but never did he say the three words. And it's my opinion that Adalind is just the runner-up.

Agreed. Does anyone think in real life a guy is going to fall head or heels in love with a woman who attempted to kill his aunt, was his bosses personal whore, screwed his partner, assailed his fiancée, and then forced a child upon him without his consent? As cute as I thought they made as a couple, come on. It is ludicrous. Nick is a laughing stock to every single guy who knows Adalind's background. He is Renard's cuckold. The idea that any guy is going to sign up for this is ridiculous.
(04-21-2017, 11:00 AM)GrimmGoddess Wrote: [ -> ]LOL ........ good .... Whatever they did i would have totally helped them if i could.. The minute i first saw them together in the first episode i despised that pairing and Juliette. She was nice and simple enough but honestly compared to that incredible world we were exposed to was always an outsider with not a whole hell of alot to contribute. What was forced was trying to include her by making her a powerful Hexenbeist ...

In S1 starting from E1, I kept waiting for N&J's relationship to end. Primarily because of aunt Marie's warning and the fact that Nick had chosen to keep the grimmverse (part of himself) secret from Juliet. She therefore was not part of grimm world in my mind. Also, since she was named Juliette, it was obvious (to me) because of the writers' penchant for giving us fairy-tales with a twist that they would not end up together. In S2 with the whole amnesia thing they then looked like they were sorta going to happen, then sorta not, then together again sorta - I was tired of them. S3 same thing; sorta on, sorta not.
By the start of S4, I thought to myself 'it looks like I was wrong, so I have to get with the program'. Actually, I had found out that the two were dating and I thought it was so cute. I started making myself see more when watching the onscreen relationship... Well not long after I got on board in S4, the relationship crashed and burned. I must admit, I did heave a sigh of relief.
The return of Juliette aka Eve was downright disappointing but truly no skin off my back. My reason for not being fond of Eve is the same as for Diana; the whole super/uber-ness of it all. Plus, I hate triangles even faux ones.
I like the N&A pairing better for so many reasons. I think Claire Coffee also played the different Adalinds very well, kudos to her. Or maybe Adalind was written a lot better the JuliEve. I just wish G&K had realized this from the onset so that they could have avoided some 'issues'.
(04-21-2017, 01:23 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I have tried to give Nadalind a chance - at the beginning it was sweet between them.

But then the I love you from Adalind it was to soon after everything and that's where my problem starts with the ship.

Since then I can't be friends with the ship anymore.

Eve has not been interested in Nick for 1.5 years and has told him that repeatedly. Adalind is willing to sacrifice her freedom to raise Kelly and Diana while she cannot work. He sees both children as his responsibility. Eve said Nick loved Adalind at the beginning of the season. Why are you against Nick being happy with his family? If Nick was not able to have sex would that make you happy?
(04-21-2017, 05:58 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2017, 05:21 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]If we're using the criteria that sex within a commited relationship is not indicative of a slut, than Elizabeth may not have been a slut at all. She may have very well been committed to the relationship. Would she still be a slut if Frederick wasn't committed to the relationship?

Elizabeth is the mother of Sean and both of them seemed not interested in marriage as a committed relationship. Elizabeth's negative remarks about Adalind did show to us that she had no interest in Sean have any kind of relationship with Adalind.

Right from the start Sean wanted to continue havings affairs while he planned to have fake Adalind wife. Sean was embarrassed in front of Diana about his relationship with Adalind but otherwise showed no interest in her as women except as a "slut". Frederick did not care if Elizabeth or Sean lived or not.

But I'm talking about Elizabeth, not Sean. It takes two to tango. Women have affairs all of the time and fall in love with married men. Does that make them sluts because the man isn't invested? I don't think so.

If you're considering a slut as one who's not interested in marriage, then Adalind would fit right in. I don't see her interested in marriage.
(04-21-2017, 02:57 PM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2017, 12:00 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]The stupid discussion was to bring Nick and Adalind together! It's just disgusting and not believable.

Agreed. Does anyone think in real life a guy is going to fall head or heels in love with a woman who attempted to kill his aunt, was his bosses personal whore, screwed his partner, assailed his finance, and then forced a child upon him without his consent? As cute as I thought they made as a couple, come on. It is ludicrous. Nick is a laughing stock to every single guy who knows Adalind's background. He is Renard's cuckold. The idea that any guy is going to sign up for this is ridiculous.

Similar reasons why going back to Juliette have been ridiculous as well. Also, it's not real life. It's just some fantasy/fairytale story for entertainment purposes only. I won't apply anything I see on TV or in movies in real life. Nor do I apply 'real life' to made-up fantasy stories, I use whatever rules they live by in that made-up world to judge the characters. I for one enjoyed "Pretty Woman" but probably would have not been as supportive if a family member came to me to say he was going to marry someone he had met while she was turning tricks. I would not have stood in their way either but it would take time for me to wrap my head around it. Plus if it's what he truly wants and it makes him very happy, why stand in his way?
(04-21-2017, 03:04 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2017, 01:23 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I have tried to give Nadalind a chance - at the beginning it was sweet between them.

But then the I love you from Adalind it was to soon after everything and that's where my problem starts with the ship.

Since then I can't be friends with the ship anymore.

Eve has not been interested in Nick for 1.5 years and has told him that repeatedly. Adalind is willing to sacrifice her freedom to raise Kelly and Diana while she cannot work. He sees both children as his responsibility. Eve said Nick loved Adalind at the beginning of the season. Why are you against Nick being happy with his family? If Nick was not able to have sex would that make you happy?

I'll try, to explain it to you Smile When "even" the old Nickliette want to try it and are willing to try the ship the writer need to give them a chance, and make it also acceptable for them, too. But the "I love you" and the sleeping part was too soon after everything. And since then I have a problem with Nadalind to be honest. I have really try to give it a chance but now I just despise and hate Nadalind.

And it doesn't matter if Eve doesn't want anything from Nick anymore. I'm as fan still disappointed about the development of Nadalind.
(04-21-2017, 03:12 PM)Devegs Wrote: [ -> ]Also, it's not real life. It's just some fantasy/fairytale story for entertainment purposes only. I won't apply anything I see on TV or in movies in real life. Nor do I apply 'real life' to made-up fantasy stories, I use whatever rules they live by in that made-up world to judge the characters.

I would normally agree with a statement like this, but even in the fantasy Grimm land of Portland, there are a lot of conflicting issues that in the long run just don't make a lot of sense. I don't apply anything I see on television to real life either. However, I do apply real life to television because series like Grimm have set up some parameters for their fantasy world that are the same in real life.

Adalind murdered Nick's aunt Marie. Murder occurs in real life. That's a commonality between fantasy and reality. Adalind told Nick she loved him. He took her powers away from her and kidnapped her baby.That is not a commonality between fantasy and reality. The reality of the situation is that she would never forgive him for kidnapping her child. No woman would.
(04-21-2017, 03:44 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2017, 03:12 PM)Devegs Wrote: [ -> ]Also, it's not real life. It's just some fantasy/fairytale story for entertainment purposes only. I won't apply anything I see on TV or in movies in real life. Nor do I apply 'real life' to made-up fantasy stories, I use whatever rules they live by in that made-up world to judge the characters.

I would normally agree with a statement like this, but even in the fantasy Grimm land of Portland, there are a lot of conflicting issues that in the long run just don't make a lot of sense. I don't apply anything I see on television to real life either. However, I do apply real life to television because series like Grimm have set up some parameters for their fantasy world that are the same in real life.

Adalind murdered Nick's aunt Marie. Murder occurs in real life. That's a commonality between fantasy and reality. Adalind told Nick she loved him. He took her powers away from her and kidnapped her baby.That is not a commonality between fantasy and reality. The reality of the situation is that she would never forgive him for kidnapping her child. No woman would.

Adalind, Sean and Nick might believe Nick's aunt Marie died of only cancer and the first attack in the pilot. Yes, the stress of the priest attack cut a few days off but remember she had been attacked by a different wesen the first day having nothing to do with Sean or Adalind so the doctor would have not written down the second attack as one of the causes of death.

Nick Adalind let her keep baby Kelly. Sean is the one who took her baby and refused to work with Adalind until she had been raising baby Kelly for months with Nick. If Adalind had not been successful with baby Kelly I doubt BC or Sean would have wanted Adalind in Diana's life.

Mama Kelly did kill Adalind's mother and Adalind had no issue with her.

(04-21-2017, 03:07 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2017, 05:58 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2017, 05:21 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]If we're using the criteria that sex within a commited relationship is not indicative of a slut, than Elizabeth may not have been a slut at all. She may have very well been committed to the relationship. Would she still be a slut if Frederick wasn't committed to the relationship?

Elizabeth is the mother of Sean and both of them seemed not interested in marriage as a committed relationship. Elizabeth's negative remarks about Adalind did show to us that she had no interest in Sean have any kind of relationship with Adalind.

Right from the start Sean wanted to continue havings affairs while he planned to have fake Adalind wife. Sean was embarrassed in front of Diana about his relationship with Adalind but otherwise showed no interest in her as women except as a "slut". Frederick did not care if Elizabeth or Sean lived or not.

But I'm talking about Elizabeth, not Sean. It takes two to tango. Women have affairs all of the time and fall in love with married men. Does that make them sluts because the man isn't invested? I don't think so.

If you're considering a slut as one who's not interested in marriage, then Adalind would fit right in. I don't see her interested in marriage.

G&K told interviewers she is with Nick for 20 years. Yes, I saw no pressure for Nick to marry but she would never turn Nick down.

(04-21-2017, 02:57 PM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]and then forced a child upon him without his consent?

Adalind was afraid that Nick would take Kelly. Instead, Nick choose to help his son. Adalind was surprised that Nick helped so much. Nick's mother and Aunt were fine with dropping husbands and boyfriends but not fine with leaving family to be raised by biest/wesen.

Kelly as an adult, as we talk about, is a Grimm and looks like Nick's twin so why do you believe Sean is the father? Both Sean and Adalind never thought Sean could be the father.

During the show Adalind sleep 2 times with Sean the man "slut". Sean was having sex with many different women why don't you comment on him?
(04-21-2017, 03:44 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

Nick got past Juliette almost killing him as well as setting up his mother and getting her killed. Similarly, Adalind did not actually murder aunt Marie. IIRC, it was a hit ordered/payed for by Renard. Aunt Marie killed the agent, so she won that fight but subsequently died. Adalind certainly played a role though and shares some responsibility- which she admitted in S5. JuliEve, wanted to show Nick she was 'good' after her hexenette episode. He was the one who cared more about being a grimm than having a normal relationship with her such that he was willing to have his 'beloved' transform into Adalind so he could have sex with her (care for a little ménage à trois my love?)... It goes on on.
Eve was fully back in the scooby fold in S6. The writers' ended it as one big happy family even with Renard. I don't need to make a list of his own misdeeds to get my point across. Therefore, I won't hold one character more responsible for consequences (or behavior) that would be the norm in real life just because we find commonalities between fantasy and reality.

I still stand by my statement because in grimmverse (this particular world that G&K created) almost everyone seems to forgive and forget misdeeds. Heck, there are tons of other unbelievable events/scenarios in the series aside from how the characters behave or respond. It's part of the premise of the story that we signed up for. Someone pulled some b.s. out of their behind and said this happens in my made-up world. It's the writers' prerogative. It's the style of storytelling for grimm.

I truly enjoyed watching Grimm and honestly wish there was more substance but alas that is not how the story goes...
(04-21-2017, 04:03 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind was afraid that Nick would take Kelly. Instead, Nick choose to help his son. Adalind was surprised that Nick helped so much. Nick's mother and Aunt were fine with dropping husbands and boyfriends but not fine with leaving family to be raised by biest/wesen.

Kelly as an adult, as we talk about, is a Grimm and looks like Nick's twin so why do you believe Sean is the father? Both Sean and Adalind never thought Sean could be the father.

During the show Adalind sleep 2 times with Sean the man "slut". Sean was having sex with many different women why don't you comment on him?

So then why need Sean to think over it that if the Baby was his??