Grimm Forum

Full Version: The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-23-2017, 12:33 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]I have zero problems with Nick and Adalind because I see the commonality in their relationship. I know Nick and Juliette loved one another but because I felt that they were two opposing forces at work between them once Nick became a Grimm, I believed that their relationship was not sustainable and it wasn't. This isn't the case with Nick and Adalind and they are together even after twenty years.

Sorry if I would write it that way but if Adalind would not have interfered - Nick and Juliette would still be together.
(04-23-2017, 12:21 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]That's a really good question. I tend to ask questions about tv series and real life - and so try to question about some things. But that's my problem. I can't imagine how Nick can feel over heels for the woman who let his ex-girlfriend suffering like that. And that is my problem with the Nadalind ship. That's something I don't understand.

Thanks, Tara. From my perspective, I don't think Nick was head over heels in love with Adalind.

Quote:rpmaluki wrote:
The difference between the law and love is that the one is clearly defined within society while the other can be very abstract depending on culture, era, and desires etc.

Yes, but I'm not talking about culture or society. I'm talking about Grimm. If the creative team takes a lax look at the law and so allows Nick to go outside boundaries, that in itself is an abstract approach. Perhaps they take the same outlook toward love as well.

For instance, love is not portrayed as an idealized state of mind in Grimm. Instead it's more of a "meh" moment. Adalind tells Nick she loves him and then proceeds to disrobe. There's no passionate emoting up to that moment. He's leaving for Germany. She wants to give him something to remember her by.
(04-23-2017, 12:45 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2017, 12:33 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]I have zero problems with Nick and Adalind because I see the commonality in their relationship. I know Nick and Juliette loved one another but because I felt that they were two opposing forces at work between them once Nick became a Grimm, I believed that their relationship was not sustainable and it wasn't. This isn't the case with Nick and Adalind and they are together even after twenty years.

Sorry if I would write it that way but if Adalind would not have interfered - Nick and Juliette would still be together.
Juliette left Nick of her own volition and not because of being turned into a hexenbiest. Adalind's role in that relationship wasn't to break them apart. The sleeping/obsession spell at the beginning of the show is the most direct act Adalind performed against them and it was to make Nick suffer for killing her hexenbiest. The second spell had little to do with Nick and Juliette and a lot to do with seeing Diana again. Juliette and Nick both decided to do the reverse spell which Adalind didn't think they would and the consequences were far reaching than they realised. Elizabeth highlighted the consequences between Nick and Adalind and neglected to do the same for Juliette. Juliette had a chance to be normal for a while which would have helped her relationship with Nick long term but like I said, there had been opposing forces between them since the beginning of the show, starting with Nick lying about being a grimm, the things Juliette suffered as a result, Juliette not wanting Nick to be a Grimm while he secretly wanted it badly, and lastly, standing between her and a pregnant Adalind. Adalind isn't the reason they aren't together, she's just the straw that broke their back.
(04-23-2017, 01:02 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]

Juliette left Nick of her own volition and not because of being turned into a hexenbiest. Adalind's role in that relationship wasn't to break them apart. The sleeping/obsession spell at the beginning of the show is the most direct act Adalind performed against them and it was to make Nick suffer for killing her hexenbiest. The second spell had little to do with Nick and Juliette and a lot to do with seeing Diana again. Juliette and Nick both decided to do the reverse spell which Adalind didn't think they would and the consequences were far reaching than they realised. Elizabeth highlighted the consequences between Nick and Adalind and neglected to do the same for Juliette. Juliette had a chance to be normal for a while which would have helped her relationship with Nick long term but like I said, there had been opposing forces between them since the beginning of the show, starting with Nick lying about being a grimm, the things Juliette suffered as a result, Juliette not wanting Nick to be a Grimm while he secretly wanted it badly, and lastly, standing between her and a pregnant Adalind. Adalind isn't the reason they aren't together, she's just the straw that broke their back.

Yes, after she has changed and transformed into a Hexenbiest she has separated from Nick, and whom do we have to thank for the transformation? Adalind.
(04-23-2017, 12:54 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2017, 12:21 PM)Tara Wrote: [ -> ]That's a really good question. I tend to ask questions about tv series and real life - and so try to question about some things. But that's my problem. I can't imagine how Nick can feel over heels for the woman who let his ex-girlfriend suffering like that. And that is my problem with the Nadalind ship. That's something I don't understand.

Thanks, Tara. From my perspective, I don't think Nick was head over heels in love with Adalind.

The difference between the law and love is that the one is clearly defined within society while the other can be very abstract depending on culture, era, and desires etc.

Yes, but I'm not talking about culture or society. I'm talking about Grimm. If the creative team takes a lax look at the law and so allows Nick to go outside boundaries, that in itself is an abstract approach. Perhaps they take the same outlook toward love as well.
You only to look at the last season to see where all the writers efforts went. Nick's love life wasn't it. To me Grimm was always about Nick being a Grimm, not him being an upstanding exemplary boyfriend. I understand his relationship with Adalind a lot more than I did his relationship with Juliette. That's it. I didn't need the writers to spend every episode focusing on their private life. I just wanted to see Nick, the Grimm and even that barely happened this season except in the third episode and the last. Everything in between is dodgy and not even worth a mention.

(04-23-2017, 01:08 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, after she has changed and transformed into a Hexenbiest she has separated from Nick, and whom do we have to thank for the transformation? Adalind.
I think you mean Juliette and Nick are to thank for her becoming a hexenbiest.
(04-23-2017, 01:08 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, after she has changed and transformed into a Hexenbiest she has separated from Nick, and whom do we have to thank for the transformation? Adalind.

What did you think of Nick's reaction to Juliette's hexenbiest? Did he really care enough for Juliette to do everything in his power to help her? Or was it just another "meh" moment?
(04-23-2017, 01:12 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2017, 01:08 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, after she has changed and transformed into a Hexenbiest she has separated from Nick, and whom do we have to thank for the transformation? Adalind.

What did you think of Nick's reaction to Juliette's hexenbiest? Did he really care enough for Juliette to do everything in his power to help her? Or was it just another "meh" moment?

To be honest, I think if Nick would have reacted differently towards Juliette as she has shown him the new her - a few things afterwards would have never happen. Afterwards he has tried but it was already to late...He could have in the decisive moment.
(04-23-2017, 01:10 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]You only to look at the last season to see where all the writers efforts went. Nick's love life wasn't it. To me Grimm was always about Nick being a Grimm, not him being an upstanding exemplary boyfriend. I understand his relationship with Adalind a lot more than I did his relationship with Juliette. That's it. I didn't need the writers to spend every episode focusing on their private life. I just wanted to see Nick, the Grimm and even that barely happened this season except in the third episode and the last. Everything in between is dodgy and not even worth a mention.

But that's you. Some of us would like to understand where Nick is coming from with regard to Adalind and where Adalind is coming from when with regard to Nick. After all, the creative team put them together. It's natural to question what their relationship is all about.

(04-23-2017, 01:17 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]

To be honest, I think if Nick would have reacted differently towards Juliette as she has shown him the new her - a few things afterwards would have never happen. Afterwards he has tried but it was already to late...He could have in the decisive moment.

This is an interesting perspective. While Adalind and Nick's love is more of a downplayed emotional journey, primarily due to Nick, Nick and Eve evolved into a more complicated, but terminal relationship, primarily due to Eve.
(04-23-2017, 01:18 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2017, 01:10 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]You only to look at the last season to see where all the writers efforts went. Nick's love life wasn't it. To me Grimm was always about Nick being a Grimm, not him being an upstanding exemplary boyfriend. I understand his relationship with Adalind a lot more than I did his relationship with Juliette. That's it. I didn't need the writers to spend every episode focusing on their private life. I just wanted to see Nick, the Grimm and even that barely happened this season except in the third episode and the last. Everything in between is dodgy and not even worth a mention.

But that's you. Some of us would like to understand where Nick is coming from with regard to Adalind and where Adalind is coming from when with regard to Nick. After all, the creative team put them together. It's natural to question what their relationship is all about.

(04-23-2017, 01:17 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]

This is an interesting perspective. While Adalind and Nick's love is more of a downplayed emotional journey, Nick and Eve evolved into a more complicated, but terminal relationship, primarily due to Eve.

Thank you irukandji, that's my opinion to it too.

(04-23-2017, 01:10 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2017, 12:54 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

You only to look at the last season to see where all the writers efforts went. Nick's love life wasn't it. To me Grimm was always about Nick being a Grimm, not him being an upstanding exemplary boyfriend. I understand his relationship with Adalind a lot more than I did his relationship with Juliette. That's it. I didn't need the writers to spend every episode focusing on their private life. I just wanted to see Nick, the Grimm and even that barely happened this season except in the third episode and the last. Everything in between is dodgy and not even worth a mention.

(04-23-2017, 01:08 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]

I think you mean Juliette and Nick are to thank for her becoming a hexenbiest.

No Adalind is to blame for it that Juliette became a Hexenbiest. Not Nick and Juliette.
How is Adalind to blame? She didn't force Juliette to do the spell or was even there.