Grimm Forum

Full Version: The writers sabotaged N&J's relationship in favor of Adalind.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In S5, Eve was detached because her emotions were forcibly repressed so she felt nothing for Nick. In S6, the stick undid some of what HW did to her. She had some feelings about Nick and Adalind as seen at the beginning of 6x04 in the tunnels but it was never so she could disrupt their new life. I think Eve understood that it was partly her actions that opened up for Nick to be with Adalind, seen also through her flashback of Kelly's head.

She was rightly hurt over Nick sleeping with Adalind although I don't agree with her accusatory position towards Nick when Nick was a victim of Adalind's ploy to steal his powers.
(05-01-2017, 10:25 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2017, 09:54 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2017, 05:48 PM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]It's asking a lot of a guy to perceive all of these things. Nick's got no reason to suspect it's not Juliette, because he's never seen anything like this.

Nick is a Grimm not just a man. All he has to believe is that Juliette might have a spell on her.

1) Adalind used a potion on Hank so he would go after her in season one.
2) Adalind had sex with Hank to make the spell on Hank worse.
3) In the past, Juliette got sick from a scratch from Adalind's cat. Adalind's spell on Juliette made her go after Sean.
4) Adalind's spell had made Sean go after Juliette.
5) Wesen related illnesses and early zombie effects also can make you go after someone.
6) Adalind called the day before wanting to put a spell related spray on Juliette.
7) Adalind had only recently lost Diana and they had turned down helping her get Diana back only in 619 we are talking about 621.
8) Juliette's car was missing outside when Nick came home but Juliette was inside and Nick did not ask what happen to it.

(05-01-2017, 08:31 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]Just only a question on the edge : ) What do you think hurt Juliette the most to know Nick have slept with Adalind when she looked like Juliette. And Nick couldn't do anything about...

or:

To know that Nick in a relationship with Adalind even AFTER he know she is a full Hexenbiest again?!?

Nick having slept with Adalind when she looked like Juliette because IMO Nick could have done something about it. Once he lost his grimm he forget that Juliette was hurt too.

In season 5, Juliette/Eve no longer wanted Nick in that way. She wanted to work with Nick fighting BC with him supporting or in HW.

You've forgotten that Wu have eaten his carpet.

Just because the writers wrote it that way. But I think it was two justified questions from me. And I need to admit I don't believe in Eve anymore, since the end of season 5. For me she is " still " Juliette.

It does not have to mean that we have to buy everything from the writers. How often have the writers led us around? And it was different as it seems to be.

In the car in 322, Juliette believed Nick should have known it was not her.

Are you saying that you feel that Nick should not have been on the lookout for Adalind related trouble at that point in time based on the past history?

(05-01-2017, 10:27 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]She was rightly hurt over Nick sleeping with Adalind although I don't agree with her accusatory position towards Nick when Nick was a victim of Adalind's ploy to steal his powers.
Do you think if Sean had used the potion to pretend to be Nick that Juliette would have not noticed it?
(05-01-2017, 10:39 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2017, 05:48 PM)Mrtrick Wrote: [ -> ]It's asking a lot of a guy to perceive all of these things. Nick's got no reason to suspect it's not Juliette, because he's never seen anything like this.

Nick is a Grimm not just a man. All he has to believe is that Juliette might have a spell on her.

3) In the past, Juliette got sick from a scratch from Adalind's cat. Adalind's spell on Juliette made her go after Sean.
5) Wesen related illnesses and early zombie effects also can make you go after someone.
6) Adalind called the day before wanting to put a spell related spray on Juliette.
7) Adalind had only recently lost Diana and they had turned down helping her get Diana back only in 619 we are talking about 621.
8) Juliette's car was missing outside when Nick came home but Juliette was inside and Nick did not ask what happen to it.

(05-01-2017, 08:31 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]Just only a question on the edge : ) What do you think hurt Juliette the most to know Nick have slept with Adalind when she looked like Juliette. And Nick couldn't do anything about...

or:

To know that Nick in a relationship with Adalind even AFTER he know she is a full Hexenbiest again?!?

Nick having slept with Adalind when she looked like Juliette because IMO Nick could have done something about it. Once he lost his grimm he forget that Juliette was hurt too.

In season 5, Juliette/Eve no longer wanted Nick in that way. She wanted to work with Nick fighting BC with him supporting or in HW.

Just because the writers wrote it that way. But I think it was two justified questions from me. And I need to admit I don't believe in Eve anymore, since the end of season 5. For me she is " still " Juliette.

It does not have to mean that we have to buy everything from the writers. How often have the writers led us around? And it was different as it seems to be.

Are you saying that you feel that Nick should not have been on the lookout for Adalind related trouble at that point in time based on the past history?

(05-01-2017, 10:27 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]She was rightly hurt over Nick sleeping with Adalind although I don't agree with her accusatory position towards Nick when Nick was a victim of Adalind's ploy to steal his powers.
Do you think if Sean had used the potion to pretend to be Nick that Juliette would have not noticed it?

You need to know, Juliette was from the start on of my favorite and still are. Call her whatever you want but I don't buy into the Eve thing not anymore. After my opinion it was just a easy way to bring Nick and Adalind closer. Easy way to bring Juliette out of the way.

Sure, Nick was the victim in the act. Since he was the one who was used...but Juliette too since she was his girlfriend and her identity was stolen...

On the Other side I say Adalind sold her child first - but then decided otherwise and would tricked.

As I said I like all character from the series but I am not satisfied with the way the writer built up everything. And I for myself am more then disappointed about the end of Nickliette...because they did not deserve that.

The writers could have found a differently way to make everything more possible. Some things are simply absurd. And not beliefable.
(05-01-2017, 10:50 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]

or:

You need to know, Juliette was from the start on of my favorite and still are. Call her whatever you want but I don't buy into the Eve thing not anymore. After my opinion it was just a easy way to bring Nick and Adalind closer. Easy way to bring Juliette out of the way.

Sure, Nick was the victim in the act. Since he was the one who was used...but Juliette too since she was his girlfriend and her identity was stolen...

On the Other side I say Adalind sold her child first - but then decided otherwise and would tricked.

As I said I like all character from the series but I am not satisfied with the way the writer built up everything. And I for myself am more then disappointed about the end of Nickliette...because they did not deserve that.

The writers could have found a differently way to make everything more possible. Some things are simply absurd. And not beliefable.

IMO once Nick decided being a Grimm was the important thing to him that ended the original Juliette/Nick relationship. Early Juliette a was planner which is normally a great thing. Nick wanted a risky life and was not comfortable working with his partner in life as part of his grimm or cop cases. IMO Nick does not deserve Juliette/Eve and that is why she did not want him anymore.

IMO Juliette turning into a hexenbiest especially without Sean's mother not knowing it was a possible side effect was unbelieveable.

IRL people have tricked other people into having sex with them especially in the pitch dark.
(05-01-2017, 11:09 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2017, 10:50 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2017, 09:54 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]Nick is a Grimm not just a man. All he has to believe is that Juliette might have a spell on her.

IMO once Nick decided being a Grimm was the important thing to him that ended the original Juliette/Nick relationship. Early Juliette a was planner which is normally a great thing. Nick wanted a risky life and was not comfortable working with his partner in life as part of his grimm or cop cases.

IMO Juliette turning into a hexenbiest especially without Sean's mother not knowing it was a possible side effect was unbelieveable.

IRL people have tricked other people into having sex with them especially in the pitch dark.

That is why I said why not Juliette instead Adalind - that's with a point what makes me so angry. He would have the same chance with Juliette and didn't use it instead he make it with Adalind.

The writers could have found a differently way to make everything more possible. Some things are simply absurd. And not beliefable. After my opinion it was just a easy way to bring Nick and Adalind closer. And the easiest way to get Juliette out of the way.

And that is what bothers me so much. Of course there are fanfics for - but it does not change the fact.
(05-01-2017, 11:17 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]That is why I said why not Juliette instead Adalind - that's with a point what makes me so angry. He would have the same chance with Juliette and didn't use it instead he make it with Adalind.

The writers could have found a differently way to make everything more possible. Some things are simply absurd. And not beliefable. After my opinion it was just a easy way to bring Nick and Adalind closer. And the easiest way to get Juliette out of the way.

People being tricked into having sex happens in real life (season 3). Juliette (season 4) turning into Hexenbiest makes no sense to me. IMO Nick and Adalind become close after Eve/Juliette (season 5) had talked to Nick but not answered some of his questions the first time after coming back from the "dead" and she showed no interest in him.

Juliette/Eve has too much self respect to want to be with Nick as a life partner especially with children once he is a grimm. Juliette/Eve has the powers of a strong hexenbiest but is not loyal/obedient to one person like Adalind.

Adalind follows Nick the grimm instructions and is willing to live a restricted life and Nick wants that kind of control to protect his life partner and child/children (including Diana).
(05-01-2017, 11:37 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind follows Nick the grimm instructions and is willing to live a restricted life and Nick wants that kind of control to protect his life partner and child/children (including Diana).
This is not accurate. Adalind loves Nick, she's not mindlessly obedient to his whims. In S5 she showed that when she chose to go back to work and leaving him for the mansion. She made those choices independently of him. Just because she is back at the loft with him in S6 and sided with him over Renard didn't mean she's incapable of being independent. Protecting and wanting the best for the kids has been paramount for Nick and Adalind both and they've both acted together or separately to ensure that because the kids are still small and no one wants to leave them motherless so soon. Whatever Nick's reservation about putting the woman he loves in danger, it didn't stop them from acting if and when they were so inclined as seen when Adalind attacked Zerstörer before he put an axe in her chest and in the twenty years we know they are now working together doing dangerous things together.
I like Grimm it's one of my rare series I really like to watch.

I just wonder why the writer needed to have a second Hexenbiest?

Have the writer decided it alone or did the actors ask them to do it? In order not to have quite as many " love " scenes with each other.
(05-02-2017, 01:25 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]This is not accurate. Adalind loves Nick, she's not mindlessly obedient to his whims. In S5 she showed that when she chose to go back to work and leaving him for the mansion. She made those choices independently of him.

I agree with you Adalind loves Nick and she acted like she had a crush on Sean early season one.

Adalind's early mistakes hurt her children and Nick is one the that gave her chance to prove she could be a good mother which is what she asked Sean for several times and he said no until she already prove it to Nick.

Adalind's decision to go back work is an example of Nick and her making a joint decision. When she first bought it up Nick say it was too soon right away.

When she left for BC she was worried about Diana's safety (includes mental state) who she had not seen since she was a newborn and Kelly too. I never said she was mindless but Juliette and even Rosalee in season 6 sometimes took more risks by ignoring their partner's advice when I was not sure if anyone was benefiting in the big picture.
(05-01-2017, 10:25 PM)Juliette Wrote: [ -> ]It does not have to mean that we have to buy everything from the writers. How often have the writers led us around? And it was different as it seems to be.

Absolutely right! Don't let others tell you that just because you see something different you're trying to rewrite the story. While other posters may think otherwise, they're no more correct than you are.
Way to go.

(05-01-2017, 09:23 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]That is Nick lying to himself because the real world is rarely black and white. The idea that in about the time Nick showered and put on his suit he believed that Juliette left, had her hair done and came back seems completely unrealistic.

It's not hard for me at all to believe Nick might be lying to himself, Mary. He doesn't seem to be of strong conviction to me. I don't see it here, but I would like to know why you believe it. In other words, what do you see the writers hoping to accomplish?