Grimm Forum

Full Version: Was Nick's Family Ashamed of their Grimm Heritage?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(01-17-2018, 12:11 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I understood the grimms were employed by the royal families in Austria, correct? I was talking about territories like Germany, France, even England.
I don't know. IIRC, the show referenced the Grimm knights hiding the stick, which was suspected of being taken from Constantinople, rather than giving it to the Royals. They wouldn't have considered the Royals if not employed or controlled by them. Grimms could have been dispatched to any location even if the Royals only resided in Austria.
(01-17-2018, 03:24 PM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2018, 02:46 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]The earliest grimms mentioned were the Decapitare, who dated back to ancient Rome.

In Ancient Rome a Grimm was requested by st peter and Paul to help thier Christian brothers In need from a wesen according to wu reading from the Grimm book in 4x13.

At the request of Peter and Paul, "fearful for their Christian brothers, "I'd spent weeks following the Excandesco "thought to be the basis for the Phoenix.
"His patron was the Emperor Nero himself, "and Peter knew he was being sent "to destroy Christians in the city.
"That night was a windy one as I followed him through the streets.
"He entered one of the small stores.
"I tried to catch up to him, but the madness had already begun.
"The flames spread rapidly through the narrow, twisting streets, "rising and spreading to the Palatine and Caelian slopes.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk...ode=s04e13

I guess, according to some, one of Nick's shameful ancestor was trying to victimize another law abiding Wesen Roman citizen outside the normal rudimentary law, they had in those days. He decided to go with the corrupt option, and take matters into his own shameful hands.

Oops, wait, Nero was the law, wasn't he? I guess if he had succeeded in killing him, he would have done it because he was just another corrupt and shamed Grimm, for trying to killing an emperor that was the bad guy.

Sarcasm at its best!
Here is more evidence of grimms being called out to help Royalty outside Austria according to this grimm in 1700s Greece grimms were in much demand.

That's the English? That's, I think, what they're called.
"December, 1730.
I arrived in Dresden "at the order of King Augustus the Second the Strong.
"Having been successful at tracking down "and dispatching Kallikantzaroi" Rai? Roi? I don't know.
"in the Greek Isles the year before, "I suddenly found myself in much demand.
"But my discovery of what they were was not without its pitfalls.
"Before my time, it was assumed "that Kallikantzaroi were Goblins "who descended upon cities to wreak havoc "during the celebration of Christenmas.
"But after several bloody decapitations, "I was horrified to learn that they were children of the Indole Gentile.
" They're kids? That's what it says.
I've known several Indole Gentile, very nice people.
So where did the Kallikantzaroi come from? There's more right here.
"Kallikantzaroi are rare among the Indole Gentile "and appear to manifest during Pubertas, "lasting about 12 days and linked somehow to the Bruma.
" The what? Oh, that's Latin for winter solstice.
Why do I know that? I don't know.
So Kallikantzaroi are children of Indole Gentile who somehow go through a puberty transformation during Christmas.
But only at night.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk...ode=s04e07
(01-17-2018, 03:24 PM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2018, 02:46 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]The earliest grimms mentioned were the Decapitare, who dated back to ancient Rome.

In Ancient Rome a Grimm was requested by st peter and Paul to help thier Christian brothers In need from a wesen according to wu reading from the Grimm book in 4x13.

I think it translates to "burns with rage," or "raging, burning thing.
" You know, a flaming person.
You speak Latin? Not really, but I've picked up a little bit ever since I got all this.
Hopefully, there's an English translation.
Here we go.
"Rome, July 18th, AD 64.
" Whoa, seriously? Well, I mean, it's a translation of a translation of a translation, but, well, the date stays the same.

At the request of Peter and Paul, "fearful for their Christian brothers, "I'd spent weeks following the Excandesco "thought to be the basis for the Phoenix.
"His patron was the Emperor Nero himself, "and Peter knew he was being sent "to destroy Christians in the city.
"That night was a windy one as I followed him through the streets.
"He entered one of the small stores.
"I tried to catch up to him, but the madness had already begun.
"The flames spread rapidly through the narrow, twisting streets, "rising and spreading to the Palatine and Caelian slopes.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk...ode=s04e13
Hi Henry,
I did a search for historical records about Peter and Paul and found this PBS timeline:
http://www.pbs.org/empires/peterandpaul/...index.html
It indicates Paul was sent to Rome, AD 60 and the fire of Rome; Christians Persecuted Ad 64. That seems to corroborate part of the entry in the Grimm book.
Since Grimm is fantasy, you will not find any PBS timeline for Grimm history.
N G
(01-17-2018, 03:58 PM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]Here is more evidence of grimms being called out to help Royalty outside Austria according to this grimm in 1700s Greece grimms were in much demand.

That's the English? That's, I think, what they're called.
"December, 1730.
I arrived in Dresden "at the order of King Augustus the Second the Strong.
"Having been successful at tracking down "and dispatching Kallikantzaroi" Rai? Roi? I don't know.
"in the Greek Isles the year before, "I suddenly found myself in much demand.
"But my discovery of what they were was not without its pitfalls.
"Before my time, it was assumed "that Kallikantzaroi were Goblins "who descended upon cities to wreak havoc "during the celebration of Christenmas.
"But after several bloody decapitations, "I was horrified to learn that they were children of the Indole Gentile.
" They're kids? That's what it says.
I've known several Indole Gentile, very nice people.
So where did the Kallikantzaroi come from? There's more right here.
"Kallikantzaroi are rare among the Indole Gentile "and appear to manifest during Pubertas, "lasting about 12 days and linked somehow to the Bruma.
" The what? Oh, that's Latin for winter solstice.
Why do I know that? I don't know.
So Kallikantzaroi are children of Indole Gentile who somehow go through a puberty transformation during Christmas.
But only at night.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk...ode=s04e07

Henry, wasn't that the whole purpose of Sean in trying to get the key. Then, later on brag about having a Grimm under his influence to get favored by the Royals to move up the Royal food chain? He was the outcast bastard son but still had Royal blood.
Renard was after the key because his royal relatives were doing a carrot and stick on him: bring us the key and be welcomed back into the family, don't bring us the key and die. But by the time he got his hands on they key he had concluded that his relatives couldn't be trusted not to kill him anyway and his best use of the key was to win Nick over by giving it back.
(01-17-2018, 01:49 PM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]Irk, the grimms were employed in the past by the seven royal houses around the world not just in Austria, it’s mentioned numerous times they fought for the Royals in the crusades all the Royals not just Renards Royal family. The Austrian royals only make up one of the Royal houses.

I know that. But there's never been the claim that every single solitary grimm there was, was employed by the royals. Henry think about it. You're sayng these grimms supposedly saved humans. Well how can they do that if they're policing wesen for the royals?

Also, it's been speculated that these grimm knights were Templars, and the Templars did not fight for the royal families. They retained a vow of poverty and their mission was to guard Christians who were making pilgrimages to Jerusalem. That would explain how they got their hands on the shard.
(01-17-2018, 05:03 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Renard was after the key because his royal relatives were doing a carrot and stick on him: bring us the key and be welcomed back into the family, don't bring us the key and die. But by the time he got his hands on they key he had concluded that his relatives couldn't be trusted not to kill him anyway and his best use of the key was to win Nick over by giving it back.

Wasn't the whole purpose to return the key back to Nick and help to get rid of the coma effect between him and Juliette. In turn, he would win over a Grimm that Royals used to enjoy and employ when they ran things before the Europeans rebelled against them? Many of the royals family in Europe were running things before WW2.

Wouldn't having a Grimm under his wing make him rise up in the standings with the Royals? Sven when he decided to go against them with the Resistance, he was bragging about the Grimm he had.
In every story read from the book. There was one thing in common. The wesen being talked about had killed someone. That does not mean that there where not Grimms that killed wesen out of a prejudice against wesen. According to the stories a number of them the Grimm observed that it was part of what allowed them to survive or for some other none malicious reason. Some of the stories even pointed out it was a defense mechanism. But no matter the reason the result was the Grimm killed the wesen. From what Kelly and Mari said, I got the impression that their family would hunt certain wesen because of what they could do not because of what that wesen had done. For example they knew Blutbod had a habit of hinting humans so if they ran into a blutbod they would kill them thinking if they hadn't they would kill someone.
This idea of doing preventive kills was the point of the episode where the wesen would kill kids he know where going to grow to be killers. Basically it was a version of the minority report. They problem with any discussion about the morality of that practice is, it is not possible to determine what the future holds. What make the argument even worse is if you examine all the possibilities beyond the single point. what if you could determine someone would be a killer. So you kill them. What if by killing them prevents this person from killing someone even worse then they are.
(01-17-2018, 05:31 PM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't the whole purpose to return the key back to Nick and help to get rid of the coma effect between him and Juliette.

Renard wanted to awaken Juliette because he thought Nick might leave Portland if he lost Juliette, and he returned the key to Nick to try to gain his trust.

By the time they got to the potion that eventually brought back Juliette's memory, Renard would probably have swallowed the stuff just to be free of the effects of the first potion.

(01-17-2018, 05:38 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]In every story read from the book. There was one thing in common. The wesen being talked about had killed someone.

Not all of them. The grimm who encountered the genio innocuo when he traveled to the Galapagos Islands remarked about how gentle and harmless they were, and how easy that made it for him to kill them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18