Grimm Forum

Full Version: Was Nick's Family Ashamed of their Grimm Heritage?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(01-17-2018, 05:31 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]In the past the people that a ran the entire world the Royals who knew about wesen called in grimms to control wesen. Hw who were government founded also called in grimms to help fight wesen in modern times.

Who exactly give Blutbad or windigo permission to go round eating innocent humans as prey. Who excatly give BC and Sean Renard the right to fix the Portland election and to try and install a wesen supremcist local government.

I'm not talking about large cities and Nick's diaries don't deal exclusively with wesen in large cities.

Not everyone lived in a large city in the past and I'm sure a lot of people didn't want to. Not all wesen want to live in a large city. It's likely these people set up settlements that depended on other settlements for assistance or trade. So some wandering busybody grimm comes in, "assesses" things, wipes out the wesen settlement and is on his/her way. That impacts the culture and these wesen may not have done a thing wrong to the humans.

Get it? It's "the grimm" calling the shots, not the humans or the wesen.
(01-17-2018, 05:35 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2018, 05:31 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]In the past the people that a ran the entire world the Royals who knew about wesen called in grimms to control wesen. Hw who were government founded also called in grimms to help fight wesen in modern times.

Who exactly give Blutbad or windigo permission to go round eating innocent humans as prey. Who excatly give BC and Sean Renard the right to fix the Portland election and to try and install a wesen supremcist local government.

I'm not talking about large cities and Nick's diaries don't deal exclusively with wesen in large cities.

Not everyone lived in a large city in the past and I'm sure a lot of people didn't want to. Not all wesen want to live in a large city. It's likely these people set up settlements that depended on other settlements for assistance or trade. So some wandering busybody grimm comes in, "assesses" things, wipes out the wesen settlement and is on his/her way. That impacts the culture and these wesen may not have done a thing wrong to the humans.

Your logic doesn’t make sense because humans run the world not grimms or wesen, BC’s goal was to overthrow humans not grimms. The Royals are fully human and until modern times they ran the Grimm world. Sean Renard even said in season 5 humans have run the world for too long is it’s the wesens turn. Nick has never once on the show went after a wesen who didn’t deserve it.
(01-17-2018, 05:43 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2018, 05:35 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

Your logical doesn’t make sense because humans run the world not grimms or wesen, BC goal was to overthrew humans not grimms. The Royals are fully human and until modern times they ran the Grimm world. Sean Renard even said in season 5 humans have run the world for too long is it’s the wesens turn.

Try going back before the 21st century. Try going back to the 8th century or 10th century. Grimms had made it into Germany way back when. Was everyone living in Berlin at that time? No way. There were tribes that had settlements in the forests of Germany. No doubt some of those settlements were wesen. So here comes the big bad grimm coming to save the "tiny, frail" humans. Grimms weren't invited. As you say, the humans were doing fine. But they came and they wiped out wesen anyway.
(01-17-2018, 05:43 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]Your logical doesn’t make sense because humans run the world not grimms or wesen, BC goal was to overthrow humans not grimms. The Royals are fully human and until modern times they ran the Grimm world. Sean Renard even said in season 5 humans have run the world for too long is it’s the wesens turn. Nick has never once on the show went after a wesen who didn’t deserve it.
BC preferred recruiting Grimm to support it’s global supremacy, but killed Grimm and Wesen who refused to join. Renard adopted BC’s ideology because they offered him political power. Had HW offered him ‘a promotion’ he would have just as likely joined their cause.

(01-17-2018, 05:48 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Try going back before the 21st century. Try going back to the 8th century or 10th century. Grimms had made it into Germany way back when. Was everyone living in Berlin at that time? No way. There were tribes that had settlements in the forests of Germany. No doubt some of those settlements were wesen. So here comes the big bad grimm coming to save the "tiny, frail" humans. Grimms weren't invited. As you say, the humans were doing fine. But they came and they wiped out wesen anyway.
Since the show provided that the seven Grimm hid the stick rather than turn it over to the Royals, Grimm were likely under the control of or employed by Royal families in the tenth century. There may have been rogue Grimm killing Wesen just because they were Wesen, but most likely the Royal families ordered villages annihilated and Wesen enslaved. Kelly struck me as old school Grimm - see a Wesen, kill a Wesen. But Marie and Nick were presented as only targeting bad Wesen. Nick could be considered as killing Wesen without due process, but so did the Wesen Council. The WC was only interested in maintaining secrecy, not protecting innocent Wesen.
As Sergeant Schultz would say (with a German Accent), "Very Interesting". After reading some of these latest post, one would think the whole six seasons of the Grimm was not what is seams. According to (cough) some, what we seen Grimms do for 123 episodes was not what we saw. We saw what "some'' claim, not what occurred on the screen.

This might give me a good reason to see the complete DVD's I have, with the wife. We recently just got done watching all 6 seasons on Amazon. I am hoping to see what I thought I saw, not what is claimed in some of these posts. to convince me, that I am not going senile but some of the quacked-out contributors are.
(01-16-2018, 08:35 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]The stories described Grimms being called because of unexplained deaths in a community. Even in the books the community was not hiring them because they where Grimm's They had no idea that they where Grimms or what a Grimm was. They hired them because they had a reputation of dealing with the unexplained. What was not explained is how Grimm's work now, if they are ever called. Or do investigator write the deaths up as unexplained and let if go at that.
In the lake monster episode Nick and Hank were called to help because of their reputation. In most societies and cultures, people did not live in isolation. They traded far and wide, went to holy spots for cures or to consult the gods. They share information outside their valley. In the old days humans would hear about some knight who had stopped a rash of a similar kind of killings. Called knight, killings stopped, problem solved, reputation grew.
(01-17-2018, 07:45 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]Since the show provided that the seven Grimm hid the stick rather than turn it over to the Royals, Grimm were likely under the control of or employed by Royal families in the tenth century. There may have been rogue Grimm killing Wesen just because they were Wesen, but most likely the Royal families ordered villages annihilated and Wesen enslaved. Kelly struck me as old school Grimm - see a Wesen, kill a Wesen. But Marie and Nick were presented as only targeting bad Wesen. Nick could be considered as killing Wesen without due process, but so did the Wesen Council. The WC was only interested in maintaining secrecy, not protecting innocent Wesen.

I understood the grimms were employed by the royal families in Austria, correct? I was talking about territories like Germany, France, even England.
Irk, the grimms were employed in the past by the seven royal houses around the world not just in Austria, it’s mentioned numerous times they fought for the Royals in the crusades all the Royals not just Renards Royal family. The Austrian royals only make up one of the Royal houses.

Kelly Burkhardt talking to her Nick below in script from 2x01.

Forged by the knights who fought for the seven royal families in the fourth crusade.
Now, when you put the maps together, they make one big map, leading to the location where the knights hid the precious wealth they took from constantinople after they sacked and burned it.
Those knights are our ancestors.
What so they worked for the seven royal families.
Some of them did.
Well, they needed us.
So the wesen fought for the royals? Yes, and the royals needed the grimms to control them, as they do now, but there was one thing in the treasure the knights hid.
There was one thing that was more powerful than anything anyone had ever seen.
If the royal families got ahold of it, they could control the world.
Okay, so nothing really big.
I guess they hid this thing pretty well? Sure, yeah.
They made a map, they cut it into seven pieces, and they gave each knight a key.
- What was so powerful? - I wish I knew.
This is the only page left of the diary.
The rest was destroyed in the wesen wars of 1285.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk...ode=s02e01
The earliest grimms mentioned were the Decapitare, who dated back to ancient Rome.
(01-17-2018, 02:46 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]The earliest grimms mentioned were the Decapitare, who dated back to ancient Rome.

In Ancient Rome a Grimm was requested by st peter and Paul to help thier Christian brothers In need from a wesen according to wu reading from the Grimm book in 4x13.

I think it translates to "burns with rage," or "raging, burning thing.
" You know, a flaming person.
You speak Latin? Not really, but I've picked up a little bit ever since I got all this.
Hopefully, there's an English translation.
Here we go.
"Rome, July 18th, AD 64.
" Whoa, seriously? Well, I mean, it's a translation of a translation of a translation, but, well, the date stays the same.

At the request of Peter and Paul, "fearful for their Christian brothers, "I'd spent weeks following the Excandesco "thought to be the basis for the Phoenix.
"His patron was the Emperor Nero himself, "and Peter knew he was being sent "to destroy Christians in the city.
"That night was a windy one as I followed him through the streets.
"He entered one of the small stores.
"I tried to catch up to him, but the madness had already begun.
"The flames spread rapidly through the narrow, twisting streets, "rising and spreading to the Palatine and Caelian slopes.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk...ode=s04e13
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18