Grimm Forum

Full Version: Was Nick's Family Ashamed of their Grimm Heritage?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(01-20-2018, 11:35 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]They were being kept chained in the basement of St Peter's Basilica.

How was that confirmed, do you think? Was it just something the Pope said? Or were lines of wesen allowed to see them chained in the basement?
(01-20-2018, 01:50 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]I think wesen expectations are probably along the lines of the old Frankenstein movies where the panic stricken villagers form into mobs and pursue the "monsters" with torches and pitchforks. Except that nowadays it'd be AR-15's with 30 round magazines.
In Big Foot Monroe said he didn't want his neighbors coming to his house with torches and pitchforks. Probably something that was discussed among wessen as a good reason to stay hidden.Big Grin
Monroe: And what's not so common knowledge is that the Pope actually had a couple of them chained up in the basement of St. Peter's Basilica in the dark ages which they would trot out through the countryside every now and then to put the fear of Hell into the populace. Alms went way up.

Sounds to me like a traveling road show. Maybe in horse drawn cages like circus animals.
(01-20-2018, 12:49 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Monroe: And what's not so common knowledge is that the Pope actually had a couple of them chained up in the basement of St. Peter's Basilica in the dark ages which they would trot out through the countryside every now and then to put the fear of Hell into the populace. Alms went way up.

Sounds to me like a traveling road show. Maybe in horse drawn cages like circus animals.

Hmmm.....the Pope accompanying a traveling road show?
No idea whether Popes used to travel in the pre-popemobile days. I expect he probably dumped the task on someone else. Maybe the Church kept some grimms on staff as wranglers.
(01-20-2018, 05:25 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]No idea whether Popes used to travel in the pre-popemobile days. I expect he probably dumped the task on someone else. Maybe the Church kept some grimms on staff as wranglers.

I could see a grimm going along as a kind of warning to the faithful, not to the furis rubians. If alms went way up at the sight of both, no doubt both profited from the endeavor.
The furis rubians weren't co-conspirators, they were exploited prisoners. They wouldn't have been getting anything out of it.
(01-20-2018, 05:25 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]No idea whether Popes used to travel in the pre-popemobile days. I expect he probably dumped the task on someone else. Maybe the Church kept some grimms on staff as wranglers.

FYI, during the Middle Ages, Popes had fully equipped Armies. I am not talking about Swiss Guards or Crusaders types. I mean, Infantry, Cavalry, Archers, Heavy Artillery (Ballista, Catapults & Trebuchet).
A lot Middle age popes were more like mob bosses than truly religious figures the religion was really just a front to try and hide heinous activities behind a morale vale. Yes there were times when popes controlled entire armies and toppled kings left and right across Europe using the church’s power. For example the knights Templars were basically just warrior priests loyal to the church until the church and monarchy including the pope conspired against them when it appeared they had gotten too powerful. Sean Renard would have fit right in with a lot of medieval popes, just like him they were backstabbing bastards who put on a vial of being moral but really cared for nothing but power and wealth.
(01-21-2018, 02:25 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]A lot Middle age popes were more like mob bosses than truly religious figures the religion was really just a front to try and hide heinous activities behind a morale vale. Yes there were times when popes controlled entire armies and toppled kings left and right across Europe using the church’s power. For example the knights Templars were basically just warrior priests loyal to the church until the church and monarchy including the pope conspired against them when it appeared they had gotten too powerful. Sean Renard would have fit right in with a lot of medieval popes, just like him they were backstabbing bastards who put on a vial of being moral but really cared for nothing but power and wealth.

I am curios Henry? Were these Crusading Grimms also Knights Templars?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18