Grimm Forum

Full Version: Was Nick's Family Ashamed of their Grimm Heritage?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
This may be a weird statement and I think I will get some blowback on this but I think nature decided Grimms would protect humans from bad wesen. I'm not saying it's their destiny but they look exactly like humans except they're enhanced and can see what humans can't see. The comparison to the DC/Marvel heroes is a good one because I don't find it surprising at all that they feel obligated to do what Grimms do.
I have to wonder how many grimms actually ended up being killed in the past for butting into a culture's way of life.
(01-16-2018, 12:08 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I have to wonder how many grimms actually ended up being killed in the past for butting into a culture's way of life.

I have to wonder just how many innocent lives were saved by grimms butting into certain wesen culture, considering a lot of wesen cultures involved victimizing and killing innocent humans, like the Blutbad, windago, Löwen ,aswang, Geiers, just to name a few. Hunting humans and other prey wesen was a pretty widespread tradition in the past for predator wesen like, Blutbad ,Löwen, windago, just like it was tradition for Geiers to harvest human organs.
Considering how little time Nick got to be educated by Aunt Marie or his mother and that the vast majority of information that he got about grimms came from the books and from wesen (Monroe, Rosalee, Renard), I have to wonder how much of what Nick and we think we "know" about grimms is just BS based on wesen mythology.
The stories described Grimms being called because of unexplained deaths in a community. Even in the books the community was not hiring them because they where Grimm's They had no idea that they where Grimms or what a Grimm was. They hired them because they had a reputation of dealing with the unexplained. What was not explained is how Grimm's work now, if they are ever called. Or do investigator write the deaths up as unexplained and let if go at that.
(01-14-2018, 10:54 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:As for Trubel, a teenager with a troubled past, I don't find it odd that she would grasp at being a grimm to give her life some meaning. I do criticize Nick and Juliette, however. Both of them had the opportunity to offer Trubel so much more and they in essence, copped out on her.
Why that does not make since is because being a Grimm is not a choose. It is an obligation you are born with. Even Rolex who admitted he could not do what Nick does. Realized being a Grimm he had certain obligations.

The idea that Nick and Juliette had the option to tech Trubel something other then being a Grimm. Ignores the fact that she is and will always be a grimm. You statement makes it sound like you believe that being a Grimm is a life chose. The same with Nick losing his grimm. Even Juliette realized Nick not only needed to be a Grimm again to protect their friends. But he also needed to be a Grimm again because that is who he is.

If you watched the show you would notice the writers made a point, that even the time Adalind lost her powers , the time she suppressed her powers, and the time Eve lost her powers. They still considered themselves hexenbiest. The show made the point they are not defined by what they can do, but by what they are. Both times with Adalind nothing changed in how she viewed things. The same with Eve. Even without powers she was willing to go toe to toe with the enemy without hesitation.

OMG, there is hope for you when you focus. I guess you took my advice. Keep up the good work, I hope!

(01-16-2018, 08:35 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]The stories described Grimms being called because of unexplained deaths in a community. Even in the books the community was not hiring them because they where Grimm's They had no idea that they where Grimms or what a Grimm was. They hired them because they had a reputation of dealing with the unexplained. What was not explained is how Grimm's work now, if they are ever called. Or do investigator write the deaths up as unexplained and let if go at that.

Who exactly is calling these grimms if the community had no idea they were grimms or what a grimm was?

(01-16-2018, 01:33 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Considering how little time Nick got to be educated by Aunt Marie or his mother and that the vast majority of information that he got about grimms came from the books and from wesen (Monroe, Rosalee, Renard), I have to wonder how much of what Nick and we think we "know" about grimms is just BS based on wesen mythology.

Going back to the small settlements of the past, many of those settlements were lifelines for trade and for assistance. It's likely some of those settlements were wesen. So some busybody grimm comes along, knows he/she hates wesen and kills them off in an effort to show the "poor unsuspecting" humans that they didn't know what danger they were in. Said grimm leaves and now the settlement is up the creek because one of their lifelines, maybe the only one, has now been demolished by the busybody grimm, who by the way, is now long gone.
Quote:Who exactly is calling these grimms if the community had no idea they were grimms or what a grimm was?
The community would not need to know they where Grimms fighting wesen. By reputation they would be known for dealing with unexplainable events. Remember knowing that wesen exist is a secrete. A secrete that the council takes seriously.
(01-17-2018, 05:26 AM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Who exactly is calling these grimms if the community had no idea they were grimms or what a grimm was?
The community would not need to know they where Grimms fighting wesen. By reputation they would be known for dealing with unexplainable events. Remember knowing that wesen exist is a secrete. A secrete that the council takes seriously.

If this was a small human settlement and some grimm comes into the works and starts changing things, don't you think the humans have a right to know?
In the past the people that a ran the entire world the Royals who knew about wesen called in grimms to control wesen. Hw who were government founded also called in grimms to help fight wesen in modern times.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18