Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick will marry Adalind with love to lift the curse !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
(03-09-2017, 11:09 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]But aside from that, all of her actions point to a couple of things. One, she didn't believe Nick could protect her children and two, she didn't believe Nick could protect himself.

Adalind doesn't see this as a weakness in Nick that would prevent them from being together. BC was built up as an overwhelming threat. She doesn't think any less of Nick as a man because he can't single-handedly conquer every threat. Adalind saw that Nick was afraid to look into a mirror in the last episode and doesn't think of him as a coward or not worthy of her love for it.
(03-09-2017, 08:29 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2017, 11:09 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]But aside from that, all of her actions point to a couple of things. One, she didn't believe Nick could protect her children and two, she didn't believe Nick could protect himself.

Adalind doesn't see this as a weakness in Nick that would prevent them from being together. BC was built up as an overwhelming threat. She doesn't think any less of Nick as a man because he can't single-handedly conquer every threat. Adalind saw that Nick was afraid to look into a mirror in the last episode and doesn't think of him as a coward or not worthy of her love for it.

I never said Adalind saw Nick as a coward, nor did I say she saw a weakness in Nick that would prevent them from being together. They are together, that's obvious. What I said is the weakness she saw in Nick may be the thing that's preventing her from hooking her wagon to this man in a more permanent manner. In other words, tying herself to him via marriage.

She felt she could protect her children better than he could. She even felt she could protect him better than he could.

There is a reason why hexenbiests aren't married in this series. Couldn't be because they feel they don't need to be tied to a man?
(03-09-2017, 09:16 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]There is a reason why hexenbiests aren't married in this series. Couldn't be because they feel they don't need to be tied to a man?

What the kittens? Really? The JellyFish throws this bomb out. I must say I have gotten quite the education in terms of man-woman relationships via Robyn and Irukanji over the past couple of years. I am beginning to think I am a now a neophyte.

So, can I translate this as women marry men because they feel they gain from the marriage? In other words, love isn't really enough, there must be a substantive advantage?

Intently curious...
(03-09-2017, 09:16 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]There is a reason why hexenbiests aren't married in this series. Couldn't be because they feel they don't need to be tied to a man?

Early in the show, Rosalee say that hexenbiests where not easy loved and that was why many used potions for men to love them. That might explain why they are not married too.

I do not see Adalind pressuring Nick for marriage but IMO I do not see Adalind turning him down either since she would be scared to lose him. Once Juliette turned Nick down that hurt their relationship.
(03-09-2017, 09:16 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2017, 08:29 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]

I never said Adalind saw Nick as a coward, nor did I say she saw a weakness in Nick that would prevent them from being together. They are together, that's obvious. What I said is the weakness she saw in Nick may be the thing that's preventing her from hooking her wagon to this man in a more permanent manner. In other words, tying herself to him via marriage.

She felt she could protect her children better than he could. She even felt she could protect him better than he could.

There is a reason why hexenbiests aren't married in this series. Couldn't be because they feel they don't need to be tied to a man?

I don't see how Adalind being a Hexenbiest would determine whether she married Nick or not or wants to be tied to a man. I think way too much stock is put into her being a Hexenbiest rather than who she is as a person.

I was making the point Adalind doesn't think any less of Nick because of the BC situation. It won't affect her decision to marry him one way or the other. Adalind didn't believe the entire group could protect Kelly from BC because she knows they all would've fought for him. It's not some major character flaw that she's seeing.

Adalind felt she could the protect the kids better in this situation. She has no negative feelings for Nick because of this and was still in a hurry to get back to him. Adalind also felt she could protect Nick better in this situation because she probably figured he would die fighting BC which he nearly did if not for the stick and Diana.

I don't know if it's because Nick is a man or something but I feel like there is this expectation that Adalind should've lost all respect for Nick for not being able to overcome all odds and take down BC. Rosalee didn't think any less of Monroe when he had to be rescued from the Wesenrein, whom they knew they would need Nick's help with if they were going to survive them. Why should this be a negative point in Nick's column?
(03-09-2017, 11:26 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if it's because Nick is a man or something but I feel like there is this expectation that Adalind should've lost all respect for Nick for not being able to overcome all odds and take down BC. Rosalee didn't think any less of Monroe when he had to be rescued from the Wesenrein, whom they knew they would need Nick's help with if they were going to survive them. Why should this be a negative point in Nick's column?

Because Monroe brings a great deal to the table. He is stable, by far the more mature of the two, very supportive and nurturing and respectful of his partner, great father material, a ferocious defender off his loved ones and highly intelligent.

Nick is basically none of the above. And he has failed at his best suit, being a detective. He should have used his so called detective skills and FBI contacts and realized HW was really just a bunch of jackoffs with a bad case of megalomania. The Bloods and Crips are the preeminent gangs in Portland, but of late MS-13 has moved in to begin to challenge them on MLK. That is a far worse threat to the citizens of Portland than HW ever would have been. And child prostitution is now a large problem in Portland but Nick wastes his time on the nonexistent threat of HW. So why it is negative on Nick, it just proves he is close to being an idiot. He is detective and he cannot even effectively triage crime in his own city despite vast resources. If I was Adalind I would have lost respect for him and worried that Kelly might be a"special" baby or pray that Nick was not Kelly's biological father.

The real mystery of Grimm is why any woman would want to be with Nick; that central plot line is why this show clearly is a fantasy.
(03-09-2017, 10:10 PM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]

What the kittens? Really? The JellyFish throws this bomb out. I must say I have gotten quite the education in terms of man-woman relationships via Robyn and Irukanji over the past couple of years. I am beginning to think I am a now a neophyte.

So, can I translate this as women marry men because they feel they gain from the marriage? In other words, love isn't really enough, there must be a substantive advantage?

Intently curious...
Hi Izzy,
This billboard has stirred up the on-going man-woman debate:
[Image: Men%20Provide%20Billboard2_1487797883107...et=534-401]
Quote:WINSTON-SALEM, NC -- A new highway billboard is stirring up controversy, protest, and debate in the Triad.

The sign reads, “Real men provide, real women appreciate it.”

The billboard is turning a lot of heads on the highway.

It's located on I-40 Business West, next to the Linville Road exit, between Greensboro and Winston-Salem.

Some folks were even spotted getting out of their cars to take pictures.

Love it or hate it --- everyone has a strong opinion on the message.
IMO if a man and woman begin a relationship, they should share a similar opinion about this, or their ship will sink.
There are many males who father children but do not provide.
N G
(03-09-2017, 10:10 PM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]

Intently curious...

Izzy, I was merely speaking of hexenbiests, not humans. I was thinking of the Grimm fairytales and realized that none of the witches in the fairytales are married. If you notice, none of the witches in Grimm are married either. There are many people here who believe all's well will end well with Adalind, provided she marries Nick. For some reason, they believe if he marries her, his troubles are all resolved as well. I don't. Adalind's matured, I don't see Nick maturing at all. To me, the two of them don't click at all and I don't think getting married is going to make things right for the two of them.

As far as I know, myself included, men and women marry because they're in love and want to take their relationship to the next level.
(03-10-2017, 05:21 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know, myself included, men and women marry because they're in love and want to take their relationship to the next level.

If Nick believed he was going to die soon as an example sees the Grimm reaper of Death or other signs, I could see him wanting to get married to better protect his family and signing up for more benefits and IMO that would fit with a Grimm end.
I hope a wedding left to the imagination.
Henriette was not married,perhaps it was his choice.For she, Elizabeth decided on Portland.It would not be for his power,maybe
Maybe she had some special power or could guess the future.That this was the right place-Which would then appear the "GRIMM"-
Catherine does not mention Adalind's father,It could be that she did not think needed it .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35