Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick will marry Adalind with love to lift the curse !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
(03-10-2017, 04:43 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2017, 04:16 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2017, 03:41 PM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]I say they all deserve to be happy or entitled to be happy. It was not Nick's, Monroe's and Co's lives that spun/spin the super natural world around them, but the Super natural world that spun/spin thier lives around and continues to do so.
It is not thier doing, so yes they are entitled or deserve to find little or more happiness within this super natural world they live in that makes them comfortable.

Well let's go back to Nick. What exactly has he done to earn happiness?

(03-10-2017, 03:50 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2017, 01:28 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2017, 01:18 PM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]We only see one opinion of Nick's Aunt, but there are many more Grimms around who will beg to differ.

Where are they?

Mama Kelly was married. She told Nick she was wrong to have left him and not to make the same mistake as her.

Yes, but it appears she wasn't happily married or she wouldn't have enemies who mistakenly killed her husband and his friend.
Where did you get that she wasn't happily married? She was supposed to meet with Nick's father after dropping off the friend at an airport if I remember correctly. They never made it because they were killed mistakenly because it wasn't Kelly in the car.

How does one handle being happily married and being a Grimm?
I was surprised that Nick marrying Adalind because of a ring curse that hasn’t been mentioned since the first episode had garnered 150 comments. Then realized the discussion had veered off to Nick’s worthiness or lack of. Thank the heavens for small favors.

Unless one of the powers that be with enough clout to get his/her way is a Nick/Adalind shipper obsessed with bad fanfic, Nick will not marry Adalind because of some ring curse. In advance, thank the heavens for small favors.

Nick is probably as worthy as any other character. Juliette - educated and employed in the medical profession. Adalind - educated and employed in the legal profession. Nick - a detective, a Grimm whose lineage is glorified as a super race. And yet, the characters were reduced to plot points for woe-is-me drama, controversy and action scenes.

The characters’ worthiness or lack of is always dependent on a storyline, an episode, and at times only a scene, and constantly changing. I doubt G&K intended to make their character pawns. They probably assumed they could use their characters however necessary to move their stories along and viewers would just accept it for what it was.

There are some really smart and analytical folks on the forum who try to make sense out of the nonsense and conceive answers even when the show failed to ask the questions. And this is the result. As many opinions as there are participants.
(03-10-2017, 04:45 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2017, 03:41 PM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]I say they all deserve to be happy or entitled to be happy. It was not Nick's, Monroe's and Co's lives that spun/spin the super natural world around them, but the Super natural world that spun/spin thier lives around and continues to do so.
It is not thier doing, so yes they are entitled or deserve to find little or more happiness within this super natural world they live in that makes them comfortable.

(03-10-2017, 03:50 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2017, 01:28 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Where are they?

Mama Kelly was married. She told Nick she was wrong to have left him and not to make the same mistake as her.

Yes, but it appears she wasn't happily married or she wouldn't have enemies who mistakenly killed her husband and his friend.
Where did you get that she wasn't happily married? She was supposed to meet with Nick's father after dropping off the friend at an airport if I remember correctly. They never made it because they were killed mistakenly because it wasn't Kelly in the car.

But why are you assuming she was unhappy when the show said otherwise?
(03-10-2017, 04:52 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]

(03-10-2017, 03:50 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: [ -> ]Mama Kelly was married. She told Nick she was wrong to have left him and not to make the same mistake as her.

The show said she was happy as a housewife and mother?
(03-10-2017, 04:55 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2017, 04:52 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2017, 04:16 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Well let's go back to Nick. What exactly has he done to earn happiness?

The show said she was happy as a housewife and mother?
If you're looking for those specific words on the show (edit: she was happy as a mother but the show never mentioned Kelly as a housewife, she was an active Grimm) I'd say no. She loved Nick's father and they were happy together as a family unit until the tragic accident. The only thing we don't know is whether or not Nick's father knew Kelly was a Grimm.
(03-10-2017, 05:03 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]If you're looking for those specific words on the show (edit: she was happy as a mother but the show never mentioned Kelly as a housewife, she was an active Grimm) I'd say no. She loved Nick's father and they were happy together as a family unit until the tragic accident. The only thing we don't know is whether or not Nick's father knew Kelly was a Grimm.

I'm going by Nick's own words. He loves being a Grimm. Just from what I've seen, he loves that more than anything else. I assume it's the same with Kelly, especially since she never attempted to raise Nick after the accident.
Nick is not hs mother. His relationships since becoming a Grimm have been trying to disastrous at the most. The reason he's lasted this long with Adalind is a mystery. Him and Juliette were a time bomb waiting to explode. He's mother's been a Grimm since she was a teen. Nick fumbled his way through his relationship with Juliette and is taking it one day at a time with Adalind. Kelly was already a mature Grimm, who understood the world by the time she married and had Nick. She managed that life for 12 whole years straight until her husband was killed. She had her reasons for leaving Nick and she told him she regretted it every day since. Nick unlike his mother, he's chosen to keep his son with him, also not like his mother in this unless you take into account her later telling him not to leave those he loves behind.
(03-10-2017, 04:45 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]Unless one of the powers that be with enough clout to get his/her way is a Nick/Adalind shipper obsessed with bad fanfic, Nick will not marry Adalind because of some ring curse. In advance, thank the heavens for small favors.

I think it is wonderful that people write fanfic and do art about Grimm. We all do not need to see things the same in order to respect that. I agree with you G&K is not having Nick get married and mostly likely will not even have Nick tell Adalind he loves her. I wish the writers would have Nick say something when she says she loves him because it makes him sounds dumb not to. G&K seems to trying to be making as many viewers satisfied as possible and leave things open ended in case they want to do something later. Many viewers want Nick alone or with someone other Juliette or Adalind even though when there are 2 choices usually Adalind is higher than Juliette. G&K wants new viewers to watch this show in the future so they can get more money and the shows name is Grimm. I know both Angel and Buffy shows protected the kids at the end so I am crossing my fingers on that since my personal bias is I am a mother. I love my marriage I am fine with characters getting married but many viewers today are not like that and I accept that.
I do think the writers are trying please everybody and that's usually a set up for everybody to end up being unhappy in the end. The end of this show needed to at least be honest to the 5 season buildup but much like BC in S5, we got a new random big bad from nowhere and it's shoved in between episodes quite clumsily as we race or rather as a we limp towards the finish line with possibly two episodes to death fully with this season's big bad and no previous loose ends tied.
It was for the coins. She told her son not to leave the one loves.
She-Kelly- thought they would go to the house. That's why sent Nick with his sister. Another question: where lived Marie? And she had the trailer when picked it up. Sending her husband with her friend?. Who was that friend?. They knew the car of the "GRIMM". They would carry the coins? In the car?. I think that if the relationship between Farley and Marie it was true, it could be that the "other GRIMM" never had contact again. The aunt Marie mentioned to Nick that there were ' others GRIMM" but that she was never with them. Expelled from the "Grupo GRIMM" for to be with a "Wesen"?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35