Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick will marry Adalind with love to lift the curse !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
So you're saying all humans have that kind of an attitude then? The funny thing about this is that Nick had that kind of an attitude....and got over it.
It only takes one or two to make life extremely unpleasant for the person who is different.
(03-12-2017, 10:56 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]It only takes one or two to make life extremely unpleasant for the person who is different.

I would wager that just about every single person on this forum has been the victim of one or two of those very same type of people. The only thing different was the circumstance.
And more of them are coming out from hiding every day, it seems.
(03-12-2017, 11:07 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]And more of them are coming out from hiding every day, it seems.

If you're speaking of the victims, I would agree, more and more victims are coming out and speaking against their agressors.

I honestly don't know why Nick didn't take the approach to fight for wesen rights to woge.
I was talking about both, but mainly the aggressors.

Even Nick early on could see that nobody would believe anything he saw. That's why he bonded to Monroe so quickly. He was the only person Nick could talk to about any of it. And once he got more acquainted with wesen, he could see that the majority of them don't want a pro-wesen activist, they just want to be left alone.
(03-12-2017, 12:49 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]I was talking about both, but mainly the aggressors.

I'd say it's probably 50/50. As I could say pretty much everyone here has a victim story, they also no doubt have an aggressor story as well.

(03-12-2017, 12:49 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]Even Nick early on could see that nobody would believe anything he saw. That's why he bonded to Monroe so quickly. He was the only person Nick could talk to about any of it. And once he got more acquainted with wesen, he could see that the majority of them don't want a pro-wesen activist, they just want to be left alone.

Nick has bonded to a lot more than just Monroe. He bonded to Adalind, Eve, Rosalee, Wu, Bud and Hank. That's a clique of all kinds of different humans. And he's a Grimm, one of the most prejudiced of all.

The fact that Grimm continued to downplay this thousand years of wesen and true humans are too stupid to know they exist was the series' downfall.
(03-12-2017, 10:15 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: [ -> ]The whole idea of HW made no sense. Just because the uprising was secret didn't mean the govt response to it had to be a secret agency. Just make it a subgroup under Homeland Security with an additional layer of clearance. They weren't doing anything in that secret base that they couldn't have done in the federal building downtown.
It’s easy to judge in hindsight, but I just can’t wrap my head around G & K’s decision to unnecessarily inflate their Wesen Uprising idea into a global conflict. It’s like they whipped up a lot of hot air but forgot to buy one of those big balloons to pump it into.

I like Hexenadler’s idea that with everyone taking pictures with their phones and sharing them around the world on social media, Wesen caught in woge could have created worrisome results. Not to mention, Nick caught in action and attempting to explain it to reporters or some government agency. The show was too tidy in keeping all things Wesen related hidden for so long.

But we got what we got. Maybe some day there’ll be a spin off about the Royals and the Resistance, and we’ll finally learn what went on in Austria during the last two seasons of Grimm. And maybe how BC made out in the rest of the world. Who knows, France might be ruled by Wesen. Tongue
They were trying to do a "ripped from the headlines" thing, with BC as an analogy for ISIL. Problem was, they made it way too simplistic, compared to shows like "24" and "Homeland," where they depict not only the direct threat from an enemy but also the more existential threat posed by the way your own people can overreact and turn into a worse threat than the enemy. Even the internal power shenanigans of the royals had more depth.

Grimm seems to exist in an alternate reality in which people have not fallen prey to smartphone addiction. You never see passersby fiddling with their phones, seeming to talk to themselves because they're on headsets, shooting everything in sight with their phones or stepping off river banks into the Willamette playing Pokemon Go. And this seems to have been deliberate, because one of the first things they always told extras was to always keep cameras and cell phones out of sight unless they said otherwise.
I’m still left with a what were they thinking reaction. Why bite off such a big chunk then present it like a subplot?

Yes, they did a much better job with the Royals, but that storyline was introduced in the pilot and they invested four seasons in producing what little we know about them. But, then we’ve learned little about Grimm history in six seasons, and that was front and center.

You’re right about Grimm existing in it’s own reality, and that reality is a strict Grimm/Wesen premise. So much so that even the core characters rarely have experiences that aren’t connected to the current episode.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35