Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick will marry Adalind with love to lift the curse !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
I can see two ways they could have gone for s05 that would have been interesting, at least to me.

They could have kept up the royals storyline, had Juliette go with King Freddie and essentially become what Sean's mother might have been had the queen and Eric not driven her and her son away. The king's powerful mistress who uses hexenbiest power to advance the royals' agenda to find the secret of the seven Grimms. This would have put Nick, Sean, the scoobies and the resistance into the ultimate showdown, with Nick against his ultimate nemesis in the form of a hexenbiest who knows him like a book.

The other way would have been to intro BC and HW, only to have it turn out that HW is actually part of a worldwide conspiracy by various powerful kehrseite, including the royals and their former enemies the Lauffer, to round up and exterminate wesen and that BC actually is the new resistance and not the global terror threat that HW is making them out to be. This puts Nick and the scoobies on the front lines of a fight to stave off the next global Holocaust and the wesen community having to choose between going public about their existence and hoping the kehrseite community at large will be more accepting than they've always believed it would be, or remaining alone against an enemy they know wants to exterminate them.
I like both scenarios, but because the second one includes worldwide implications, it’s too big for G&K to pull off without dropping unrelated WoW cases.

The first one is appealing because my main problem with G&K making Juliette a Hexenbiest and pitting her against Nick was their unwillingness to commit and follow through. I’d love to see Nick and Juliette sans the emotional baggage of S4 - just two enemies going at it until the bitter end.

But for me, Diana needs to end up where she was originally planned to be - with the Royals. And Adalind has to be given something interesting to do. Otherwise, put her in a coma, lock her up, or kill her off. There were times I wanted to pop antidepressants because her scenes were so depressing to watch.
In the first scenario, Juliette going with Freddie would mean Meisner never shows up and they all get to Europe with Diana. So part of the end game includes recovering Diana and preventing the royals from making her one of them. No idea what would happen with Adalind, whether she's left behind or joins the battle as a fully fledged scooby. Logistically, having Kelly cared for by someone else back in Portland while Adalind pursues rescuing Diana means less baby wrangling for the production and more action for CC, so that would probably be more likely.

The global holocaust scenario would definitely be the WotW-dropping, season-filling epic tale that some people seem to think S06 should have been. It would also mean the end of the series for sure. Whether it ends with wesen acceptance or wesen extinction, either way there'd be way less for Grimms to do.
Why the hell should Nick marry Adalind?? I still don't buy that he loves Adalind - Nick must be under a love spell or something like that. I like Adalind but everything went too far after Baby Kelly would be born. Friend yes but no lovers. Please just let everything be an alternative universe.
I don’t have a problem with Meisner not showing up, but really, with the Royals able to make such a forceful attack with Juliette, there’s a role for the Resistance in Austria, Portland, or both.

Prefer easing up on the Adalind and baby in the loft scenes, because I prefer Adalind taking responsibility and actively participate in getting her daughter back and breaking any bond between Juliette and Diana.

The global holocaust scenario would be a good series finale arc. Yes, it would require eliminating WoW episodes, but it would bring the ongoing debate between secrecy and disclosure to a head, and allow for various responses to previously unknowns. As in real life, neither secrecy nor disclosure would likely be revealed as completely right or completely wrong.
Meisner was definitely better as the lone wolf field operative with a tragic past. And he'd definitely have a part to play whenever the action moved to "overseas." Turning him into a manager who just went out into the field once in a while and ended up dying in front of a big screen TV was a waste of Damien Puckler.
I would agree Juliette being a queen or some other high ranking position within the Royal would have been a interesting story. Would have been even more interesting if Juliette was then using Sean the way Sean was using Adalind. I change of positions. Her action would play off of Juliette having sleep with Sean.
From the way things are going. I don't think we are going to have a definitive answer to, is Nick and Adalind the end game. By the time we get to the end. It looks like we will see more Sean and Adalind together with Diana. With Sean paying more attention to Adalind then Nick. Nick will become more concerned about the threat and have less concern about Adalind. Sean will make a pitch why he would be the better option to take care of her an look out for Diana and Kelly then Nick.

It is already starting with the issue of the tunnels. Sean has already said that his daughter is in danger and Nick is blocking his ability to protect her. Sean has told Adalind that their daughter is in danger, which Adalind replies he needs to talk to Nick.
(03-12-2017, 11:59 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]From the way things are going. I don't think we are going to have a definitive answer to, is Nick and Adalind the end game. By the time we get to the end. It looks like we will see more Sean and Adalind together with Diana. With Sean paying more attention to Adalind then Nick. Nick will become more concerned about the threat and have less concern about Adalind. Sean will make a pitch why he would be the better option to take care of her an look out for Diana and Kelly then Nick.

It is already starting with the issue of the tunnels. Sean has already said that his daughter is in danger and Nick is blocking his ability to protect her. Sean has told Adalind that their daughter is in danger, which Adalind replies he needs to talk to Nick.
That's true that Nick will be less concerned about Adalind. He'll be preoccupied with the monster sure, that doesn't mean he cares less about Adalind. Sean is Diana's father, he's going to want to protect her and since Diana's with Adalind, it will be a case of two are better than one where he'll help protect Diana as well as Kelly. It's going to take a lot for Nick to leave his family behind while he goes to deal with the monster because there's a big possibility that he will not come back, that is a big sacrifice on his part. But Nick's mental state is that in order to protect Kelly, Diana, Adalind as well as everybody else, he will need to fight this thing, even if it's to the death so I don't understand why people think Nick cares less about Adalind or that Sean is somehow stepping up more than Nick where Adalind's concerned when Sean's going to be left behind (almost like he drew the short straw) while Nick , Trubel and maybe Eve are fighting this monster. But this thing, if it's as big a threat as they want us to believe, everyone will be fighting for everybody else.

The issue with the tunnels only emphasised the divide between Adalind and Sean. It didn't bring them any closer. He is concerned about Diana and demanding answers but Adalind's deferring to Nick where the tunnels are concerned because they are right under the loft where she lives to show her level of distrust for Sean and her siding with Nick because the last time she said anything about the loft, BC went there to kill Nick.
I never said Nick cares less for Adalind. I said he will be paying less attention to her. During a time when Sean will be confronting her about the things Nick has not told her. The same way Sean confronted her in the cafe about her powers coming back. Reminding her how Nick reacted to Juliette being a hexenbiest. The point I am making is Adalind has always been susceptible to suggestion. With Sean also putting the same negative ideas in Diana head. It is going to make it really hard on Nick to work on the relationship. Especially with Nick not having time because of the threat. It bet even though Nick gets to agree to send him through the mirror because of the danger to Diana. Sean will spin it as Nick more concerned about the save of Eve. He will argue if Nick had not brought the stick and cloth home their daughter would not be in danger. There would never have been a threat of the mirror. Sean will also remind Adalind of how Nick keep the information that he even found anything from her because he does not trust her.
Just like Nick told Sean Adalind would give Sean and alibi fro him. Sean will tell Adalind that Nick told him about Germany even though he had not told her.

It is not that Sean wants Adalind back. He just wants to get under he skin about her choosing Nick. He just want's to put doubt in her mind to break up their relationship. With Nick out of the way Sean feels Adalind would stay with him giving him more time with Diana.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35