Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick will marry Adalind with love to lift the curse !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
(03-14-2017, 01:49 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that chemistry is the one thing we shouldn't be debating because it can't be debated. It's all a matter of opinion and it's not something that can be proven or disproven. I remember going online and seeing people saying how much chemistry House and Cuddy had and I never saw any even in the best of times. I do think Nick and Adalind have it but I'm not going to try and convince anyone of it. It can't be done.

Nick being in love and a relationship can be seen differently. I can see Grimms being in love because I think Kelly, Marie, and Nick were all in love at some point in their lives and Nick has now loved two different women. It fits their persona but I can see why people think they shouldn't be in a relationship. Their lifestyle may not he conducive to it but there's still a possibility that may change at the end of the series depending on how much impact the battle with the ultimate big bad will have. I don't think Monroe and Rosalee are the only ones who can make a relationship work because the odds were against them as well. Monroe was nearly murdered by the Wesenrein and almost disowned by his father because of his relationship with Rosalee. They brought a ton of baggage into their marriage but it appears like they're going to make it through. Besides, the guy who has gotten divorced three times is neither Grimm nor Wesen.

Izzy brought up something quite a while ago regarding the Nick/Juliette relationship and the question of Juliette slumming. In other words, she's out of Nick's league, period, and Nick's just a boy toy. While I have complained about everything that was taken away from Juliette/Eve, the one thing that was not taken from her was her intelligence. I don't know, maybe having an intelligent girlfriend was just too much for poor Nick's mental state.

I can't say the same about Adalind. In making her a mother and subservient to Nick, they took away her intelligence. I suppose that puts her more at Nick's level. Can't have Nick in love with a woman who's more intelligent than he is.
Ohhh yes, just to add another.
Has anyone noticed or gathered that Nick has had a much more peaceful or easier relationship with his partner Adalind for a year and a half than to the relationship he had with Juliette for 5 years after he became a Grimm? Please correct me if I am wrong?
We might just be seeing a glimpse of G&K pulling off a [Image: Yin-Yang-True-false-icon.png] with these two.
(03-14-2017, 02:42 PM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]Ohhh yes, just to add another.
Has anyone noticed or gathered that Nick has had a much more peaceful or easier relationship with his partner Adalind for a year and a half than to the relationship he had with Juliette for 5 years after he became a Grimm? Please correct me if I am wrong?
We might just be seeing a glimpse of G&K pulling off a [Image: Yin-Yang-True-false-icon.png] with these two.

I haven't. Nope. I rather wish they wouldn't have dumbed down Adalind just to make Nick look good though. I would rather they have some disagreements between them. Instead she just relies on everything he says as gospel now.
Nick and Adalind can’t have any disagreements if Adalind accepts however Nick chooses to behave toward her and accepts that he’ll decide what she’s allowed to know.

(03-14-2017, 02:51 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't. Nope. I rather wish they wouldn't have dumbed down Adalind just to make Nick look good though. I would rather they have some disagreements between them. Instead she just relies on everything he says as gospel now.
From your lips to G & K’s ears. The only time Adalind challenged Nick was refusing to allow Renard to keep Diana. It would have been interesting to see how they’d handled it if Nick had insisted that she did.

Edited to add:

G&K might have written Adalind as mousy because it was easier and required less screen time. It may not have much of anything to with their interest or intent with the character.
(03-14-2017, 02:51 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

I haven't. Nope. I rather wish they wouldn't have dumbed down Adalind just to make Nick look good though. I would rather they have some disagreements between them. Instead she just relies on everything he says as gospel now.

Alright, how else is Adalind supposed to react? Does it not show that Adalind is going half way with Nick as he is too added with the life complications around them? It shows relationship material, No?
I do not see clues of her following his words as gospel, after all, she took the children to protect Nick because she felt it was right and buy time. I mean many here discarded her as being selfish and not caring for him, but as season 6 went on, it was not so what so ever and still ended positive.

We have known Adalind to be a sort that if she dislikes her partner or wants to use him, her agenda will be seen clearly. But this was/is not the case with Nick, neither do I see how Nick is controlling her. It will onlt seem silly for the both to control each other and out of character after so much both have been through.
(03-14-2017, 03:02 PM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]We have known Adalind to be a sort that if she dislikes her partner or wants to use him, her agenda will be seen clearly. But this is not the case with Nick, neither do I see how Nick is controlling her. It will onlt seem silly for the both to control each other and out of character after so much both have been through.

Not so very long ago there was such flack at Juliette because she refused Nick's proposal on the basis he was keeping secrets from her. The thing of it is, if she had accepted it with misgivings she had, she is, in essence letting Nick control her.

Look at Adalind. Nick's keeping secrets from her and doesn't completely trust her.

She is in the very position Juliette was in not so long ago. The only difference is Juliette refused to settle for less. Adalind accepting less. Much less.
(03-14-2017, 03:02 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]Nick and Adalind can’t have any disagreements if Adalind accepts however Nick chooses to behave toward her and accepts that he’ll decide what she’s allowed to know.
Granted except the part he'll decide what she's allowed to know....I think she made it clear a number of times to Nick the less she knows the safer it is for them all. So my guess would be, if Adalind does want to know something from Nick, he would tell her.
Hexenbiest are known to feel someone's feelings, it would not be hard for her to spot it. I guess she always feels confidient that Nick will always find a solution to a problem.
How does that make for a good relationship if Adalind shrugs her shoulders and takes the position that if Nick wants her to know, he'll decide to tell her? You know what he's saying....."Adalind, I can't trust you with this, so I'm not telling you."
(03-14-2017, 03:10 PM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]Granted except the part he'll decide what she's allowed to know....I think she made it clear a number of times to Nick the less she knows the safer it is for them all. So my guess would be, if Adalind does want to know something from Nick, he would tell her.
Hexenbiest are known to feel someone's feelings, it would not be hard for her to spot it. I guess she always feels confidient that Nick will always find a solution to a problem.
Bonaparte would have killed Adalind had she not given him Nick's location. Whatever her reason for not wanting to know where Nick was going to hideout from Renard, what kind of man is Nick that he would put Adalind in that situation - she can't tell anyone where he is even if they're willing to kill her for the information.
(03-14-2017, 03:15 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]How does that make for a good relationship if Adalind shrugs her shoulders and takes the position that if Nick wants her to know, he'll decide to tell her? You know what he's saying....."Adalind, I can't trust you with this, so I'm not telling you."
I believe we are kinda up to date with whats going on on Grimm heading to 3 more episodes. What has Nick really beed keeping away from Adalind? Is it the stick, cause I believe she knows about the stick be it off-cam or maybe deleted scene. Adalind is so up to date than Renard is telling us Nick has been keeping her informed on the troubles they are likely to face soon.

The way I see it, Nick has told and more honest to Adalind in thier relationship than when he was when with Juliette. Juliette actualy knew less. The only thing so far was Adalind not telling Nick about Diana's actions but that was to be expected, seeing that all happened out of Nicks control or domain and rather Renards.

(03-14-2017, 03:28 PM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2017, 03:10 PM)Purity Wrote: [ -> ]Granted except the part he'll decide what she's allowed to know....I think she made it clear a number of times to Nick the less she knows the safer it is for them all. So my guess would be, if Adalind does want to know something from Nick, he would tell her.
Bonaparte would have killed Adalind had she not given him Nick's location. Whatever her reason for not wanting to know where Nick was going to hideout from Renard, what kind of man is Nick that he would put Adalind in that situation - she can't tell anyone where he is even if they're willing to kill her for the information.
This instance I do agree, she had too tell and then warn them she was forced to tell and Nick understood her position whilst hugging her.
But aleast she did try not tell anyone. It just shows how commited she was with Nick. Same goes with general instances, she rather she knew less for the sake of keeping the family they have now safe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35