Grimm Forum

Full Version: What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
(10-30-2017, 03:27 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Bringing a child to a battle was just the most astoundingly stupid thing any character has done on the series.

That is true. Bringing a child to a battle is dumb. However, Kelly didn't know that there was a battle planned for that night. Juliette told Kenneth that she had made sure not to word the email in a way that would tip Kelly off. Kelly was unaware of Juliette's true intention. She did not know that the royals plans for her that night. Even if Kelly had not stepped into the house, she was as good as done once she showed up. The verrat were already all over the neighborhood. All they needed was for her to show up.

Maybe Kelly realized it was a trap once she stepped on the porch and saw the dark house. Who knows? Regardless, it would have been too late. She would have had to battle Kenneth and the verrat. She died knowing that Juliette step her up though. Or maybe she died thinking she must have been a sap to fall for the trap?

However, we're still back to what Juliette knew. Juliette knew a that they royals were preparing for a battle. She only knew of Kelly being the only opponent invited because she sent the invite. She also made sure not to tip Kelly off so that Kelly would not be suspicious.
I'm all for giving characters the benefit of the doubt when it comes to being unaware of potential dangers. The exception is Kelly. Diana wasn't entrusted to her, she insisted on taking her because she didn't want her to fall to the royals or the resistance. That takes a lot more dedication than immediately hurrying to Nick's house because she gets an email that reads he's in trouble.
(10-30-2017, 04:02 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I'm all for giving characters the benefit of the doubt when it comes to being unaware of potential dangers. The exception is Kelly. Diana wasn't entrusted to her, she insisted on taking her because she didn't want her to fall to the royals or the resistance. That takes a lot more dedication than immediately hurrying to Nick's house because she gets an email that reads he's in trouble.

Kelly fell for the trap as scripted. As far as she knew, her son and Juliette had been so in love and Nick was ready to marry the woman. Nick was a happpily-ever-after kind of guy. She even trusted Juliette so much so that she told Nick to correspond with her through Juliette. This incident would probably have been the one and only time that Kelly let her guard down. Like I said, maybe she died thinking that she must have been a sap for falling for this or maybe she even had regrets about her choices. IDK. Undecided
Too late though.

(10-30-2017, 04:08 PM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2017, 05:25 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2017, 05:14 PM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]Silly theory.

It's not a theory.

Hex ,it's your biased bullcrap theory thats all it is ,You clearly favor Nick and Juliette which is fine but it doesn't make you right.

Hey Henry, it's quite clear sometimes that some opinions get tossed out as fact because the writers did what they wanted to do with their story, and it didn't end the way some people wanted.
(10-30-2017, 03:42 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]New Guy-give it up. Your attempt to bait isn't working. Call all the names you want, do whatever. But you can read the arguments prior to your entry. It's obvious neither of us is going to budge. The spirited argument that you so desperately talk about has come and gone. You missed it. Better luck next time!
Iruk,
As a jellyfish, you should know if you were "baited." You were not.
What name did I call you?
You were presented three options. You again chose number three, another tantrum.
The arguments supporting my position are factual. Those facts hit dead center. You have attempted to support your position with your opinion. Oops, you missed!
You have convinced me that you are not able to participate in debate due to your denialistic inability to accept facts and ignore truth.
I see little chance that you can ever produce valid evidence to support your opinion. It seems you are in need of some luck to discover such evidence. I have already done discovery and presented the facts. The weight of evidence is in my favor.
There is a name for you, "sore loser."
Quote:Noun. sore loser (plural sore losers) (informal) One who complains or blames others for their loss; one who is easily angered by losing a game or contest, or because of some other misfortune or bad luck.
Why not pitch a really big fit so we can have a good laugh? Big Grin
Enjoy!
N G
Oh, New Guy, I am so glad you pop in from time to time. I really enjoy reading your posts. Have a good one.
(10-30-2017, 04:02 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I'm all for giving characters the benefit of the doubt when it comes to being unaware of potential dangers. The exception is Kelly. Diana wasn't entrusted to her, she insisted on taking her because she didn't want her to fall to the royals or the resistance. That takes a lot more dedication than immediately hurrying to Nick's house because she gets an email that reads he's in trouble.

It was completely absurd and we're trying to find an in-universe explanation when I and others suspect the actual reason stems closer to MEM deciding not to return to the show.

My best guess is Kelly probably thought she could do both. She wanted to help Nick but also protect Diana so she brought Diana there that night planning to save Nick while simultaneously keep Diana safe. Kelly may have thought she could leave Diana with Juliette while she got the necessary info from her in order to go off and protect/rescue Nick herself. I didn't get the indication that she thought anyone other than Juliette was at the house.
(10-30-2017, 03:49 PM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-30-2017, 03:38 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-30-2017, 03:32 PM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]Irk, She didn't have a crystal ball she didn't know there would be a battle ,if she had she wouldn't have come with Diania obviously . Your are right though she was extermly stupid to fall for Kenneth and Juliette's plan dumbest move of the series.

I don't give her any credit for that, Henry. I don't have the email that Juliette wrote, but I thought it read something to the effect that Nick was in trouble. Kelly had that knowledge up front and chose to ignore it.

That's exactly all she sent in the email to Kelly , but she didn't mention what kind of trouble so Kelly still wouldn't really know what to expect Irk , she certainly should have been prepared for the worst and she clearly wasn't ,which is diffently out of Charecter for her.
Juliette lied and told her it was safe to come into the house.

The problem is Kelly didn't trust anyone else with Diana, that's why she brought the child back with. I think she cut ties with the Resistance when she took Diana instead of completing the mission as planned. The only people she trusted were her son (who according to the email was in trouble but didn't know what kind) and Juliette and we know that trusting Juliette cost her her life.
I have to wonder just what Adalind would have thought about all of this had she known. She'd have to be doing a double take wondering how anyone could have figured that Kelly could do a better job at raising Diana than she could.
Adalind didn't care if Kelly was doing a fantastic job raising Diana, she just wanted her back.
Nonetheless, it'd be priceless to watch her expression as Nick explained to her just why they all felt Diana would be better with Kelly than with her.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44