Grimm Forum

Full Version: What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
(11-08-2017, 03:28 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]I think some people are just bitter because Adalind made a better life for herself and her children they think she purposely stole it from Juliette.

She didn’t steal it. Juliette handed her life with Nick over to Adalind on a silver platter. Imagine what would have happened if Juliette decided to reconcile with Nick at the police station, instead of teaming up with Kenneth and the Royals. Sure, Nick had a son common with Adalind but he would have kept her at arms-length and shared custody of Kelly.

Juliette could have been more than just a step-mom. After all, he was conceived by Adalind morphed into Juliette. They could have gone on and had kids of their own. Kelly was plenty of proof that a Grimm and a Hex could have kids without any issues.
Shared custody.
Maybe Nick and Adalind would have started to live together in the house.
He would not want they with family real and Juliette would not have returned to the house right away.
(11-08-2017, 03:28 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]Eric is the only Royal she worked for , she was basically just a prisoner for Viktor and the rest of the Royals that's why Renard had to pay for her hotel room in season 3.

Adalind wasn’t acting on her own in the early seasons either she was acting for Renard and her mom then she was acting for Eric and then she was a prisoner basically after Eric died .

She was very dependent on people she needed the Royals to buy her clothes, she needed Renard to pay for her hotels if that’s not dependent I don’t know what is. She’s actually more independent with Nick because she actually told nick she didn’t want him to have to buy her clothes and also went back to work as soon as she could until black claw. So other than season 2 and part of season 1 when see was forced to be alone Adalind was always pretty dependent on other people.

In season 5 at least she was clearly trying to be independent and would have been if not for Black claw.
I don’t see Adalind as a domestic mouse She’s done plenty of things in the last 2 seasons she helped bring down Renard and black claw ,she put up a far better fight against zerstorer than Eve did when she managed to take the axe off him even though he killed her in the end. She was also the first one who valentered to go after Eve only the gang refused to let her beacuse she has two kids. In the very end of the show we hear she’s out hunt wesen with her family so how on earth is she a domestic mouse.

Adalind also helped nick with some cases like she did in star-crossed and helped the gang some times with spells like the tie me knot spell and helped Nick turn into Renard by supplying his hair and clothes to the gang. She did all this as well as trying to go back to work and look after two Children so how is she just a domestic mouse . Some people only see what the want to see to suit their own narrative.

I think some people are just bitter because Adalind made a better life for herself and her children they think she purposely stole it from Juliette.

Hmmm, I thought she also worked off some debt of Catherine's for Renard.
(11-08-2017, 08:35 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]Yes that was part of the reason but also when her mother slaps her she said I didn’t do it for us and looked at Renard. She did it because she was seeking Renards affections, she was her mother’s and Renards tool nothing more. She was devastated when they turned her away. She also states several times throughout the show her mother throw her out of the house . This starts the only period on the show she was working on her own until she started working for Eric.

I thought she was also working for the law firm.
(11-08-2017, 08:41 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]She left the law firm in between her mother throwing her out of the house and putting Juliette in a comma. It was never reveled if some of the law firm was working with Renard of not. It was hinted at in 1x03 beacuse Renard seemed to know the other hexenbiests. I don’t know what she done with her law money and Eric’s money but apparently she wasn’t a saver because by late season 3 she was broke. Katherine wasn’t a saver either all she left was an old storage unit with old antiques and magical things like the witches hat.

Too bad really. Yet another effort on the part of the not brilliant writing team in their portrayal of an essentially smart woman reduced to being dependent on men. And the hits just keep on coming.
(11-06-2017, 08:00 PM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]Robyn, you have just posted an extremely biased opinion of the Adalind character. It is so obvious that you weren’t happy with how Nick ended up Adalind instead of Juliette. I, myself, would have preferred Nick/Juliette ending but it would have been a whole other story. Just because you wished a different outcome, does not make, how it ended, an impossible conclusion.
(11-06-2017, 04:41 PM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]I just rewatched the last 3 episodes of season 4 over the past couple of days and was reminded just how cold and heartless Juliette was during this period she really was a monster. She was literally sitting with a smile on her face as she was betraying her innocent nieghbours to Kenneth ,she actually seemed to enjoy working with him planning the ambush. She then even offers Kenneth free advice when she tells him not to underestimate kelly and then even gives Kenneth a tour of Nicks house , she shows all the entrances and exits of the house ,so how someone can say she didn't know about Kelly's simpending death is just ridiculous. Juliette then sleeps with Kenneth in Nicks bed just for pure spite and to celebrate the impending death of Kelly. She then set up stairs listening to the brutal murder of Kelly and showed barley any emotion at all.
I’ve seen it that way too Henry. I have literately asked some contributors which have denied the observations you mentioned. WTF were they watching!

I get the impression you’re confusing my objectivity with your bias. I don’t have an interest in Nick/Juliette, Nick/Adalind, or Nick/fill in the blank other than the evolution of those relationships either be interesting or kept off to the side as to not interfere with potentially interesting storylines.

Juliette’s attacks against Nick doesn’t bother me any more than Adalind’s or Renard’s in earlier seasons. Adalind and Renard and their storylines were interesting & enjoyable in the beginning. The negative fallout for Nick was a byproduct of their storylines, not the reason for my enjoyment. It’s the same with Juliette becoming a Hexenbiest. Had the storyline had teeth, Nick/Juliette or Nick/Adalind as the endgame is irrelevant to me. I don’t care about who hooks up, I just want to enjoy the ride.

You have a strong opinion about who Nick should and shouldn’t be with, and why. I couldn’t care less about Nick’s love interests other than them being an interesting part of the overall storyline and characterization. That you prefer Nick/Adalind while hating Nick/Juliette is your personal want for the characters. For me, the characters are simply experiencing the fallout of their many ill-conceived choices, and my only personal want is for them to be well characterized and their journeys be interesting and entertaining. I don’t dislike Nick/Adalind. I dislike that Adalind became flat and one-dimensional once she became Nick’s potential love interest. And while your viewing pleasure might be satisfied with the female character being properly loyal to the central character, mine isn’t.
(11-11-2017, 08:29 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2017, 08:00 PM)dicappatore Wrote: [ -> ]Robyn, you have just posted an extremely biased opinion of the Adalind character. It is so obvious that you weren’t happy with how Nick ended up Adalind instead of Juliette. I, myself, would have preferred Nick/Juliette ending but it would have been a whole other story. Just because you wished a different outcome, does not make, how it ended, an impossible conclusion.
(11-06-2017, 04:41 PM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]I just rewatched the last 3 episodes of season 4 over the past couple of days and was reminded just how cold and heartless Juliette was during this period she really was a monster. She was literally sitting with a smile on her face as she was betraying her innocent nieghbours to Kenneth ,she actually seemed to enjoy working with him planning the ambush. She then even offers Kenneth free advice when she tells him not to underestimate kelly and then even gives Kenneth a tour of Nicks house , she shows all the entrances and exits of the house ,so how someone can say she didn't know about Kelly's simpending death is just ridiculous. Juliette then sleeps with Kenneth in Nicks bed just for pure spite and to celebrate the impending death of Kelly. She then set up stairs listening to the brutal murder of Kelly and showed barley any emotion at all.
I’ve seen it that way too Henry. I have literately asked some contributors which have denied the observations you mentioned. WTF were they watching!

I get the impression you’re confusing my objectivity with your bias. I don’t have an interest in Nick/Juliette, Nick/Adalind, or Nick/fill in the blank other than the evolution of those relationships either be interesting or kept off to the side as to not interfere with potentially interesting storylines.

Juliette’s attacks against Nick doesn’t bother me any more than Adalind’s or Renard’s in earlier seasons. Adalind and Renard and their storylines were interesting & enjoyable in the beginning. The negative fallout for Nick was a byproduct of their storylines, not the reason for my enjoyment. It’s the same with Juliette becoming a Hexenbiest. Had the storyline had teeth, Nick/Juliette or Nick/Adalind as the endgame is irrelevant to me. I don’t care about who hooks up, I just want to enjoy the ride.

You have a strong opinion about who Nick should and shouldn’t be with, and why. I couldn’t care less about Nick’s love interests other than them being an interesting part of the overall storyline and characterization. That you prefer Nick/Adalind while hating Nick/Juliette is your personal want for the characters. For me, the characters are simply experiencing the fallout of their many ill-conceived choices, and my only personal want is for them to be well characterized and their journeys be interesting and entertaining. I don’t dislike Nick/Adalind. I dislike that Adalind became flat and one-dimensional once she became Nick’s potential love interest. And while your viewing pleasure might be satisfied with the female character being properly loyal to the central character, mine isn’t.

Well, in actuality, my belief is that Nick/Adalind’s love interest was a direct fallout of her mistake of morphing into Juliette, getting pregnant by Nick and becoming a mother of their child, first and foremost. In other words. their love was a fallout of her becoming a plain old mother.

Unfortunately, what is more common with women, when they decide to become mothers, let alone stay home moms, their lives flatten out. Their kids become their primary focus and in many cases, they neglect themselves and their partners. I know my wife did. Just watch more Lifetime movies to see what I mean.

And now I have to go. My wife is demanding I take her food shopping for the week. So much for being the alpha male I think I was!
(11-07-2017, 12:29 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]This show is nothing but a series of shallow contrivance due to the writers' disinterest in writing for the characters themselves because their focus was elsewhere. I feel it's self defeating to hold something/particular arc against the show when that's been the case across the board. It tends to make arguing against particular actions in one season vs a previous season moot because you must argue against the entirety of the show. You may as well pick apart everything that happened to come up with a different end result...

...I understand your disappointment in Adalind's journey on the show, I probably could have felt the same if everything was as frustratingly one sided as I feel your argument is against her relationship with Nick. It's not just about Adalind and what she's been through to end up where she did, but also about those men and what they did to find themselves where they did.

For me, the Nick/Adalind debate has never been about Adalind’s could-be relationship with someone else or comparing Adalind’s life with Nick to a possible different life with someone else. Any mention of Meisner or Renard was only because Adalind had interactions and working/personal relationships with them, and both had a connection with Adalind’s missing daughter.

My argument has always been about Adalind’s characterization and journey eventually leading to Nick/Adalind vs. a contrived Nick/Adalind endgame.

And while I think you’re absolutely right concerning the creative team’s tendency for shallow contrivance and disinterest in writing for the characters, there wouldn’t really be a need to debate any aspect of the characters and their journeys if that was the go-to resolution for conflicting points of view.
(11-11-2017, 09:21 AM)Robyn Wrote: [ -> ]And while I think you’re absolutely right concerning the creative team’s tendency for shallow contrivance and disinterest in writing for the characters, there wouldn’t really be a need to debate any aspect of the characters and their journeys if that was the go-to resolution for conflicting points of view.
I absolutely agree on this. I try to argue my points on the narrative as it aired, not how it could have been done better, even though that's true.
Robyn I have have heard many reviewers like the Av club and knew people personally who found Adalind in Europe boring and less interesting than season 5 and 6 Adalind, it’s your opinion she was more interesting. I personally was always interested in her storylines throughout the show so I enjoyed both. The guy at the av club believed Adalind the protactive Mother was far more compelling than screw up villain and scorned henchwoman,it’s really all a question of taste. I also I gree with him although I love both versions I wouldn’t find Adalind anywhere near as compelling without her redemption arc. I will agree though the writing could have been far better and at times ,some of her black claw storyline was very dumb and contrived and they did turn her into a bit of a damsel during latter half of season 5. I will also agree they should have developed Adalind and nick far better but again the wesen of the week meant they could only fit in so much. There’s also the problem that Claire Coffee always had less hours than the rest of the cast so they can only fit so much into her storyline. Plus Adalind was still fiarly snarky and entertaining when confronted in the later seasons like her conversations with Renard and Boneparte, so I don’t see her as flat and one demensenial as you do. In fact some of her funniest lines came in the latter seasons,lines like I didn’t vote for you to Renard and asking Renard what he’s doing alive at the start of season 6. I also found her stalling of Renard in season 6 episode 3 pretty funny and yes they dumbed down Renard for that scene but it was still pretty funny.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44