Grimm Forum

Full Version: What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
There would have been no reason to clear out the neighbors' houses then.
(10-29-2017, 12:49 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]There would have been no reason to clear out the neighbors' houses then.
But they did.
They did because they expected a mini-battle with more than just Kelly.
Kenneth had Kelly outnumbered to increase his chances of success, similarly to the North Precinct cops going after Nick at the loft. Neither Kenneth nor Bonaparte underestimated their Grimms, they had strength in numbers and both succeeded, only Nick stood right back up because of a magic stick. Kelly wasn't so lucky.

(10-29-2017, 12:57 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]They did because they expected a mini-battle with more than just Kelly.
Kelly and who else?

Where in the script did it say they expected more besides Kelly and Diana?
They expected Nick.
(10-29-2017, 01:10 PM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]They wanted to kill Nick that's for sure but that wasn't the main goal they're main goal was to get Diania and get rid of Kelly. I think the idea was to kill Kelly then kill Nick when his guard was down and grieving over his mother.

I disagree, Henry. Kenneth never said they wanted to get rid of Kelly. He said they wanted Diana. It's the hatred of Juliette by members of the forum who are adding that the royals wanted to get rid of Kelly.
(10-29-2017, 01:21 PM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]Irk, are you telling me you seriously think the Royals of all people would allow Kelly to live and just take Diania.

Now you're veering away from the evidence presented, Henry, and asking for personal opinion. What does that have to do with the story arc?
(10-29-2017, 12:31 PM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]I think she hated the fact Kelly stole her daughter Robyn ,but she hated even more the idea of the Royals having her because she knew just how messed up the Royals were and didn't want them anywhere near Diania. I also think Adalind was trying to get in nicks good graces but I never got the feeling not even when she was talking to victor that she ever hated Kelly.
I don’t think anything Adalind did after Diana was born was spurred by hate or revenge, rather, a mother taking desperate measures to find one child while keeping another safe. Consider the S4 ending with a slightly different chain of events:

Someone storms Bud’s house and takes Adalind to rendezvous with Meisner who has already taken Diana and killed the King. Adalind might be terrified while temporarily in the hands of strangers, but once she realized Meisner has Diana and is waiting for her to join them on the helicopter, terror would turn to relief and gratitude.

Is it more likely Adalind would regret Kelly’s death and that Nick won’t get to father a child he only has because he stole her first child - OR - that she would count her lucky stars that Meisner came back into her life and provided safety to her and both children?

The situation Adalind was forced into might have made her care more than she would have otherwise, but Adalind wasn’t suddenly concerned about the wellbeing of the people who stole her daughter other than their wellbeing was detrimental to her and the children’s safety. If Adalind had viable options other than baby-steeling Team Grimm, I don’t think she would have given them a second thought other than signing off with sayonara as Team Grimm and the Royals killed each other off.

(10-29-2017, 12:09 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: [ -> ]I think her statement to Nick about Kelly "protecting" Diana alludes to this. For Adalind and what she wanted no, Kelly wasn't helping but for keeping Diana our of Royal hands, she would bite her words and be gracious towards her with Nick.
Me too. Adalind was desperate and feared for hers and the children’s safety, too many emotions to have room for hate or revenge. Despite Kelly preventing Adalind from being with Diana, both wanted her to not be with the Royals. And if Adalind had to choose one or the other, she wanted to keep Diana away from the Royals.
I agree with most of this Robyn ,but there is not a chance of Miesner doing this I think he would have kept Diania away from Adalind like he did in season 5. The mission always came first for Miesner so I don't see how going to him would do her any good. It seemed like no one wanted her to have her own child ,I mean it was her own child's father who give her away for crying out loud.

I think Adalind as early as late season 4 had decided the scobbies were her and her sons best chance of survival. Thought I think if she had of been able to get victor into Bed and convinced him some how the baby was his , nick would never even knew he had a son. Given how much grown up Kelly looks like Nick she wouldn't have gotten away with it for too long but she would be secure for a while at least but then again she still wouldn't have Diania.
My alternate version didn’t have anything to do with Meisner in the official version, it only included him because he was someone Adalind would instantly trust at that specific moment in S4. The scenario was meant to question what Adalind would have done if presented with a viable option to immediately have Diana back and safe shelter for her and the children.

In my opinion, Adalind wouldn’t have thought about Nick, Kelly, and the others for even a second. She would have hopped on the helicopter and been grateful that fate intervened in her favor.

I agree about Adalind trying to convince Kenneth the baby was Viktor’s. She only went to Nick once it was obvious that Kenneth intended to offer her up to Juliette. And that’s my point. Adalind didn’t care about Kelly or Nick other than they represented protection for her and the children. But they didn’t represent an option for Adalind to get Diana back. My alternate version does.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44