Grimm Forum

Full Version: What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
(11-07-2017, 06:18 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]As Grimm only went to a partial season 6, I figured once Nick and Adalind got together, that was it.

But if the series went into season 7, I think Adalind would have left Nick for good and Nick would be the stand alone grimm, just like his aunt and his mother.

Off course you would think that you hate Nick and Adalind after all. No surprise in your possible season 7 prediction I doubt the writers would agree. There not a chance in hell the writers would have Nick give up Kelly .
Marie raised Nick from the age of 12 and you'd think he'd be inclined to follow after her but I don't think he ever did in the strictest sense. She had a relationship with a wesen but then she suggested he break things off with Juliette, he didn't listen to her. When his mother came back into his life, she told him the opposite of what Marie had said so the two women had a different outlook on how to live their lives. Kelly encouraged Nick not to leave those he loved behind because she did that and has lived with plenty of regrets. When Kelly took Diana, Nick made a comment about Diana being Kelly's second chance at motherhood and how his mother seemed happier for it.

Nick is a product of both his mother and his aunt. I highly doubt he'd strike out on his own in S7 without a serious overhaul of his character/personality and not without something traumatic happening to him to justify the sudden change, like they did with Juliette. Adalind and his friends dying at the end of S6 is the only thing I see that would force Nick into an isolated existence, note I didn't say "life" since I doubt he'd be motivated to live after what happened. I don't think he'd leave his son behind though. His aunt raised him, I can't see why he wouldn't raise Kelly himself and basically make his son an orphan at a much younger age that even he was when Kelly left.
(11-07-2017, 08:24 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity, what would Adalind's role be in season 7?

The woman who finally gets to raise her children the way she wants, in other words, the right way.

(11-07-2017, 08:24 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]Also, why do you think Nick would be like his aunt and mother?

He'd be going it alone, without the scoobies, like his ancestors.
She did get to raise the kids the way she's wants not the way you want Irk, I'm glad you didn't write the show because I wouldn't have watched. Claire Coffe who knows her character a lot better than you said the only thing Adalind wanted was to raise her kids with Nick and have a family. She said that in multiple interviews after season 5 and before the length of season 6 was even known.
(11-08-2017, 12:10 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]She did get to raise the kids the way she's wants not the way you want Irk, I'm glad you didn't write the show because I wouldn't have watched.

Quit trying to make a fight out of everything. That's not what I'm saying at all. Adalind was a powerful and interesting character in her own right, most interesting when she was acting on her own. The show took all of that away from her when the creative team turned her into the domestic mouse inhabiting Nick's fome.

Eve didn't fare any better when Nick got the brilliant idea of using the shard on her. She became the pathetic clinging vine, first crawling around in the basement, then also inhabiting the fome until someone finally put pen to paper and put her in the spice shop.

These two women deserved much better storylines than what they got.
That's why good Adalind was a lot more popular than bad Adalind because she was a boring domestic mouse makes sense. Adalind never worked alone she always depended on others except maybe season 2 even then she was a pawn for Eric so what are you talking about. At least with nick she went back to work until black claw put a stop to it and she's clearly going back to work.
I believe someone here pointed out that she was supposed to die during the first season, but because she was popular, the writers kept her in the story. That seems to point toward her popularity as the bad girl of the series.

(11-08-2017, 12:29 AM)Henry of green Wrote: [ -> ]The why good Adalind was a lot more popular than bad Adalind because she was boring domestic mouse makes sense.
Adalind never worked alone she always depended on others except maybe season 2 so what are you talking about.

She worked for others, not depended on them. It seems to me she only became totally and overly dependent during the time Juliette became a hexenbiest. That's no doubt due her real life pregnancy, so the creative staff worked on softening her up and hardening Juliette.
She was always more popular than Juliette but in later seasons she became even more popular than nick people like redemption arcs. In most polls I've seen even ones done by G&k she's now the second most popular behind Monroe and most voters claimed her redemption was best part of the show.

She didn't work for the Royals other than Eric the Royals didn't pay her she was their prisoner they just bought her clothes. That's why she was broke in season 3 and Renard had to pay for her hotel room. There is even a deleted scene of her stealing from Renards wallet.
When Erik was alive, she worked for the royals. After Diana's kidnapping, she became a dependant to the point where she ran to Nick because she had nowhere else to go when Kenneth turned on her and planned to leave her for Juliette to finish off.
Eric is the only Royal she worked for , she was basically just a prisoner for Viktor and the rest of the Royals that's why Renard had to pay for her hotel room in season 3.

Adalind wasn’t acting on her own in the early seasons either she was acting for Renard and her mom then she was acting for Eric and then she was a prisoner basically after Eric died .

She was very dependent on people she needed the Royals to buy her clothes, she needed Renard to pay for her hotels if that’s not dependent I don’t know what is. She’s actually more independent with Nick because she actually told nick she didn’t want him to have to buy her clothes and also went back to work as soon as she could until black claw. So other than season 2 and part of season 1 when see was forced to be alone Adalind was always pretty dependent on other people.

In season 5 at least she was clearly trying to be independent and would have been if not for Black claw.
I don’t see Adalind as a domestic mouse She’s done plenty of things in the last 2 seasons she helped bring down Renard and black claw ,she put up a far better fight against zerstorer than Eve did when she managed to take the axe off him even though he killed her in the end. She was also the first one who valentered to go after Eve only the gang refused to let her beacuse she has two kids. In the very end of the show we hear she’s out hunt wesen with her family so how on earth is she a domestic mouse.

Adalind also helped nick with some cases like she did in star-crossed and helped the gang some times with spells like the tie me knot spell and helped Nick turn into Renard by supplying his hair and clothes to the gang. She did all this as well as trying to go back to work and look after two Children so how is she just a domestic mouse . Some people only see what the want to see to suit their own narrative.

I think some people are just bitter because Adalind made a better life for herself and her children they think she purposely stole it from Juliette.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44