Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
selfish bitch okey.instead of seeing it as an opportunity it behaves that way.he had gone somewhere else
(07-13-2016, 12:34 PM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]selfish bitch okey.instead of seeing it as an opportunity it behaves that way.he had gone somewhere else

How is it an opportunity for her? She either has to help Nick, in which case she becomes the hexenbiest bitch from hell. If she didn't help Nick, then she would have been a selfish bitch because she refused to help Nick, Monroe and Rosalee.
Both side where helping Juliette in what they thought was the best approach. The problem was Juliette is a rational person. By the time she told Nick she knew she would forever be a hexenbiest. Because Nick first reaction when finding out was the get rid of it. and maintained that position till Trubel shoot her. Plus Nick also got the group to take the same position. The problem is, Nick and the group are working from a position of denial. Juliette is a hexenbiest and the only help they could have given her would be on how to handle being a hexenbiest. Even a little moral support would have helped defuse her anger. Instead they keep trying to get her to drink a potion that would not solve anything. It would be different if her powers where out of control. The potion could allow her time to control them. But once she talked to Henrietta she had complete control of her powers. The turning point was when Juliette was in jail. She told each of them each why she had excepting being a hexenbiest. Her reason was for the same reason Nick accepted being a Grimm and Rosale accepted being a fuchbau. First that is what they are and second they enjoy the power that comes from being wesen. It really surprised me that the show had Rosalee not understand. Rosalee always seems to be understanding.
(07-13-2016, 01:11 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Both side where helping Juliette in what they thought was the best approach. The problem was Juliette is a rational person. By the time she told Nick she knew she would forever be a hexenbiest. Because Nick first reaction when finding out was the get rid of it. and maintained that position till Trubel shoot her. Plus Nick also got the group to take the same position. The problem is, Nick and the group are working from a position of denial. Juliette is a hexenbiest and the only help they could have given her would be on how to handle being a hexenbiest. Even a little moral support would have helped defuse her anger. Instead they keep trying to get her to drink a potion that would not solve anything. It would be different if her powers where out of control. The potion could allow her time to control them. But once she talked to Henrietta she had complete control of her powers. The turning point was when Juliette was in jail. She told each of them each why she had excepting being a hexenbiest. Her reason was for the same reason Nick accepted being a Grimm and Rosale accepted being a fuchbau. First that is what they are and second they enjoy the power that comes from being wesen. It really surprised me that the show had Rosalee not understand. Rosalee always seems to be understanding.

I happen to agree on the Rosalee part. I was surprised she said she would give up being a Fuchsbau to be with Monroe. I know there's a true love conquers all mantra regarding Monroe and Rosalee but I didn't like that bit at all. Rosalee was born a Fuchsbau and to give it up to be with Monroe was cringe-worthy in my opinion.

I think one of the reasons Rosalee pitied the orphan besides abandonment was that they didn't know what they were and had no one to educate them on it. She realized they had no idea what she was saying when she told them the story of the Grimm. It's one of the things she lamented to Monroe.
an opportunity to help others.instead you get angry with them, poor Juliette-read sarcastically-they were wrong, they would have given another chance.but she was tired of all.why not change your life?
(07-13-2016, 02:12 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: [ -> ]I happen to agree on the Rosalee part. I was surprised she said she would give up being a Fuchsbau to be with Monroe. I know there's a true love conquers all mantra regarding Monroe and Rosalee but I didn't like that bit at all. Rosalee was born a Fuchsbau and to give it up to be with Monroe was cringe-worthy in my opinion.

Speaking of Rosalee, she tells Juliette in the jail that they needed Nick to be a Grimm again because of the threats against them.

Well that's real nice, but why weren't Monroe and Rosalee talking about threats when Monroe invited Rosalee to move in with him way before they ever got married? They had to know there was the possibility of threats, they were thinking of a possible inter-wesen marriage. They had to suspect it might come to that because they immediately knew what the burning wolfsangel meant. Why didn't they have a plan ahead of time instead of relying on Nick to become a Grimm so he could save them?
Quote:Well that's real nice, but why weren't Monroe and Rosalee talking about threats when Monroe invited Rosalee to move in with him? They had to know there might be threats against their inter-wesen marriage. They immediately knew what the burning wolfsangel meant. Why didn't they have a plan ahead of time instead of relying on Nick to become a Grimm so he could save them?
Your observation is unrealistic. They new people would not accept their relation. They even know there are people that don't accept there being friends with a Grimm. Monroe parents are good examples of wesen feeling they should not mix. But they would never advocate to kill someone. Things are changing Monroe and Rosalee are not the only Fuchbau and Blutbod couple. We saw one in the circus. Monroe and Rosalee where surprised that the wesenrein even existed in Portland. Why would they have take precautions.
(07-13-2016, 04:19 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Your observation is unrealistic. They new people would not accept their relation. They even know there are people that don't accept there being friends with a Grimm. Monroe parents are good examples of wesen feeling they should not mix. But they would never advocate to kill someone. Things are changing Monroe and Rosalee are not the only Fuchbau and Blutbod couple. We saw one in the circus. Monroe and Rosalee where surprised that the wesenrein even existed in Portland. Why would they have take precautions.

You lost me with the first part of your paragraph. Who are the new people and what do you mean they would not accept their relation?

As for the rest, I disagree. As you stated, Monroe and Rosalee's parents didn't like the fact they were getting married. That didn't seem to be much of a shock to Monroe or Rosalee. If their own parents don't approve, it stands to reason that there are going to be strangers who don't approve as well. Some won't do anything about it, but there are others who might turn violent.

I don't know what precautions Monroe and Rosalee could/should have taken. But they should have at least talked about their marriage and the dangers it might pose.

Grimm makes it sound like Nick and the gang took care of the people who opposed their marriage, and so, no more problems for Monroe or Rosalee. That, in my opinion, is much more unrealistic than any opinion I can come up with.
Dealing with the problems of being a mixed couple is one of the purposes of them being on the show. They added another couple to show it is not that unique. The wesenrein is their to show an ancient belief thought to have died out. To advocate that a mix relation requires you take separate precautions. suggest there is something wrong with mixed marriages. Why would any couple have the conversation you suggest. Unless there is knowledge of an active hate group in your area. The would be like saying I need a guard so someone does not burn a cross on my lawn. There was a time and places that would be a rational fear. But like the wesenrein that is something though possible has faded into the past.
(07-13-2016, 06:31 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Dealing with the problems of being a mixed couple is one of the purposes of them being on the show. They added another couple to show it is not that unique. The wesenrein is their to show an ancient belief thought to have died out. To advocate that a mix relation requires you take separate precautions. suggest there is something wrong with mixed marriages. Why would any couple have the conversation you suggest. Unless there is knowledge of an active hate group in your area. The would be like saying I need a guard so someone does not burn a cross on my lawn. There was a time and places that would be a rational fear. But like the wesenrein that is something though possible has faded into the past.

Before we go any further with this, I need to clarify something.

I'm getting the impression you think I'm somehow advocating something is wrong with mixed marriages in real life. I am not. I am talking about Monroe and Rosalee and how Grimm views their marriage.

Rosalee and Monroe suspected right away who put the burning wolfsangel in their yard. We know from Rosalee that it's an organization that opposes inter-wesen marriages.

I tend to think that inter-wesen marriages are probably not as normal as you suggest. You say Grimm showed us a couple of other inter-wesen marriages. Out of all of the wesen in Portland, three couples is a pretty unusual statistic.

This organization, the Secundum Naturae Ordinem Wesen, has been around for centuries. Monroe and Rosalee know all about them. That doesn't sound to me like something that's faded into the past.

Monroe and Rosalee associate with a Grimm, it's no secret. They've put their lives in danger helping him. They're in the spotlight and would be a target for an organization like the Secundum Naturae Ordinem Wesen.

I can't speak for anyone else, but that kind of association with a known enemy should spark some rational fear in both of them. Should they have talked about the dangers their marriage might present? I say yes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43