Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
(03-04-2016, 01:57 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2016, 06:34 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]3. Marie was girlfriend of a wesen. Maybe it is not so unusual for grimm to be friend or have some kind of relationship with wesens.

That's right! Here I was thinking Nick was the unique one from his family but he really wasn't all that unique. I'm assuming Marie and her boyfriend were probably good friends before taking it to the next level. Good catch!

In my opinion, though, it doesn't make a lot of sense that Grimms and wesen and even humans wouldn't form close relationships and even marry one another. I'm not saying that happens to all of them, but I would imagine it happens more often than not.
You know I have never brought Farley Kolt as Marie boyfriend or if he was she knew he was wesen. I alway thought of him as the one who betrayed them. I do buy he knew her and Kelly and that he knew they were Grimm's that is how and why he hide himself and only say that if she really knew him. Remember the books said trust you gut feeling so in this case I'm trusting my gut he was a con man.

Remember he knew about the coins do you really think Marie would have given that away? When Nick to told him to forget about the coins he said he'd tried.

Don't forget the 5 dollars.
(03-04-2016, 03:28 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]You know I have never brought Farley Kolt as Marie boyfriend or if he was she knew he was wesen. I alway thought of him as the one who betrayed them. I do buy he knew her and Kelly and that he knew they were Grimm's that is how and why he hide himself and only say that if she really knew him. Remember the books said trust you gut feeling so in this case I'm trusting my gut he was a con man.

Remember he knew about the coins do you really think Marie would have given that away? When Nick to told him to forget about the coins he said he'd tried.

Don't forget the 5 dollars.

I can't remember a lot about the episode, so I reread the recap. There's not anything in it about Nick viewing Farley as a liar, as far as the relationship with his aunt Marie was concerned.

But what I found more interesting was I gathered from reading between the lines. Nick never once voiced astonishment that a relationship could occur between Grimms and wesen. He didn't even seem to view his own relationship with Monroe as unique.

In reality, though, why would he? These species have been around millennia. It makes sense that they would find attraction in one another.
(03-04-2016, 04:15 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I can't remember a lot about the episode, so I reread the recap. There's not anything in it about Nick viewing Farley as a liar, as far as the relationship with his aunt Marie was concerned.

But what I found more interesting was I gathered from reading between the lines. Nick never once voiced astonishment that a relationship could occur between Grimms and wesen. He didn't even seem to view his own relationship with Monroe as unique.

In reality, though, why would he? These species have been around millennia. It makes sense that they would find attraction in one another.

Thinking deeply about this I think the show is inconsistent about the relationship between grimm and wesen. Or maybe the write word is: the show didn't explain clearly how it works.

In one direction almost all wesen that cross Nick's way freaks out about Nick being a Grimm. Monroe tells a lot of stories about how wesen fear and hate grimm. Even BC aparentely hates grimm. Looking for this perspective you will say there is no way grimm and wesen work together. Nick and Monroe are unique.

In another direction we have same few stories of old wars (if my memories serves me well) where grimm and wesen worked together. We have seeing the examples I have already wrote. Looking at this perspective there is nothing special about Nick and Monroe.

Maybe this happens because just few types of wesen work with Grimm and majority of the other types fear and hate them. Maybe the writers simply didn't think about it Big Grin

Wouldn't it be interesting if there was in the show a little grimm girl adopted and raised by wesen family? How would this affect the Grimm girl?
The concept of fear biased on bias is something minorities deal with everyday. It is one thing to have someone past judgement. It is another for that judgement to become violence sometimes deadly violence. From people that know nothing about you. Other then you are one of them. There are those that live among us as wesen, people hiding who they are, for fear of violent reactions.
(03-04-2016, 07:08 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe this happens because just few types of wesen work with Grimm and majority of the other types fear and hate them. Maybe the writers simply didn't think about it Big Grin

The wesenrein were enforcing an ancient law prohibiting wesen from being friends with a Grimm. That had been enacted by the wesen council.

Then there's the long history of the Grimm acting as enforcers for the Royal families. Then there's their co-operation with the Inquisition. That means the Catholic Church also knows about wesen.

It's not that wesen and Grimm haven't been friends, it's just not ended well for the wesen involved. Probably not for the Grimm, either.
I consider that a part of the "GRIMM" were violent and murderers.but it should also be considered the fear of the unknown.a normal person if you saw a 'Wesen "in" Woge shoot him.
the "GRIMM" were also mercenaries, perhaps his moral agreed with the time.
even though there were people who stood out for having lived in his time and not do what others did.
I think the reason for banning the relationship between a "GRIMM" and a "WESEN" could be fear.
(03-05-2016, 06:24 AM)tscchope Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-04-2016, 07:08 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe this happens because just few types of wesen work with Grimm and majority of the other types fear and hate them. Maybe the writers simply didn't think about it Big Grin

The wesenrein were enforcing an ancient law prohibiting wesen from being friends with a Grimm. That had been enacted by the wesen council.

Then there's the long history of the Grimm acting as enforcers for the Royal families. Then there's their co-operation with the Inquisition. That means the Catholic Church also knows about wesen.

It's not that wesen and Grimm haven't been friends, it's just not ended well for the wesen involved. Probably not for the Grimm, either.
I don't think the wesen council had a law about wesen working with Grimms we seen Alexander work with Nick, Nick even asked the question and Alexander said it depended on the case and the Grimm, It was the old custom of the wesenrein types that had the problem with this.

We may never know when the conflict between wesen and Grimms happened maybe it like good and evil it just is a counterbalance to wesen. Nature made a balance of the two.
(03-04-2016, 07:08 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]Thinking deeply about this I think the show is inconsistent about the relationship between grimm and wesen. Or maybe the write word is: the show didn't explain clearly how it works.

In one direction almost all wesen that cross Nick's way freaks out about Nick being a Grimm. Monroe tells a lot of stories about how wesen fear and hate grimm. Even BC aparentely hates grimm. Looking for this perspective you will say there is no way grimm and wesen work together. Nick and Monroe are unique.

In another direction we have same few stories of old wars (if my memories serves me well) where grimm and wesen worked together. We have seeing the examples I have already wrote. Looking at this perspective there is nothing special about Nick and Monroe.

Maybe this happens because just few types of wesen work with Grimm and majority of the other types fear and hate them. Maybe the writers simply didn't think about it Big Grin

Wouldn't it be interesting if there was in the show a little grimm girl adopted and raised by wesen family? How would this affect the Grimm girl?

You brought up something really interesting about Monroe. It seems all of the stories he tells are about fear and hatred. All I can remember from the stories in Nick's old diaries is the same thing: Grimm were to be feared and hated. It seems Monroe's people and Nick's people must have all resided within the area because Monroe knows of Marie's terrible past. In that sense, it seems Nick and Monroe do share a common background.

Maybe Monroe has done this, and I can't remember, but has he ever told a good story about Grimm and wesen? One that doesn't end with the wesen being killed? If not, then why was Monroe so curious about Nick? These terrible stories have been indoctrinated into him since his childhood.

And for that matter, why isn't Nick picking Monroe's brain for good things he can use to tear down the barrier between Grimm and wesen?
(03-05-2016, 07:12 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2016, 06:24 AM)tscchope Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't think the wesen council had a law about wesen working with Grimms we seen Alexander work with Nick, Nick even asked the question and Alexander said it depended on the case and the Grimm, It was the old custom of the wesenrein types that had the problem with this.

We may never know when the conflict between wesen and Grimms happened maybe it like good and evil it just is a counterbalance to wesen. Nature made a balance of the two.

Really, if you stop and think about it, there had to have been a time when Grimms and the Council worked together.

The rules that were set up about wesen not taking advantage of their ability to woge. The fact that Grimms and wesen got out from under Royal control. For those things to have happened, their HAD to be some measure of cooperation between them. Dodgy
(03-05-2016, 08:59 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]Really, if you stop and think about it, there had to have been a time when Grimms and the Council worked together.
'Working together' is not the same as 'being friends with'.
The wesen council was formed to stop 400 years of wesen on wesen killing. We don't know who was involved in its formation.

Nick's actions motivated the wesen council to send an assassin after him.Alexander made a personal choice not to try to kill Nick, unless Nick got in his way.

Likewise we don't know the exact time and circumstance the Grimms broke away from working for the royals.

I think the existence of keys and the attempts to procure them played a large part in wesen killing wesen and the Grimms leaving royal service.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43